Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Erg. Wouldn't you rather have real NHL players to talk about next season than more kiddie talk?

ERRRG ERGG LOOK AT ME MY NAME IS FAKE YURI I AM GRUMP!!!

I would rather have a team and I think we are actually take 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this craptastic, overrated horrendous terrible barforific trade of TITANIC LEVEL !

The goalie throw in is the strange part of it. They had to have been interested because otherwise it makes no sense to add him. It's not like Winnipeg freed a contract by moving him. Murray seems to have a liking for late round Winnipeg draft choices, first Samuels-Thomas, now this. Who knows, maybe he bounces back in his senior year, but right now this one's a head scratcher.

So Winnipeg follows the Regier root and builds from the outside in  :lol:

Hockey Central says Kane may have off the ice issues, but competes and plays hard every shift. He also says WPG didn't have the talent to put with Kane, so he floundered a bit. He says Kane need a legit #1 center who is a playmaker because Kane isn't, he's a pure goal scorer; his ice vision isn't the best, but he drives to the net and shoots like no other

I would rather have a team and I think we are actually take 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this craptastic, ###### overrated horrendous terrible barforific trade of TITANIC LEVEL ######!

Will you ever stop acting like a crazy teenage girl on days like this?

It was just a few days ago I posted Murray will trade guys that we wanted to keep in a package that we think is an overpayment to get guys he wants. This is who our GM is, people. Zero ###### Given. get used to it.

Exactly, there's ups and downs.  When you're splitting hairs over goals in the Dub or OHL, then come back to me.  Lemeiux's biggest intangible is his attitude and work ethic, that's what I will miss.  The stats can say what they will.  Armia, had his hands and the ability to make passes.  So did Ville Leino in 2007-2009 (? - end year) for Philadelphia.  You can slant it all you want about this and that.  Murray did his job and that's changing the culture.  You have to make risky moves to succeed in a fickle business.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

· 33m 33 minutes ago

Word is Evander Kane is ok with trade to Buffalo. Chance for a fresh start. Looking forward to playing major role on rebuilding Sabres.

I may be nitpicking, but ###### you and your "ok", Kane. You better be shitting daisys while skipping with a smile on your face all the way down the yellow-brick road from WPG to Buffalo

Edited by WildCard

For a fan base that has been forced to watch for the past two years, there's a lot of crying going on.

Our pipeline is still among the best in the league. We still are leading the race to McEichel.

We used our wealth of picks to get real NHL players, ones that are still young.

GMTM showed he's got balls. The fans need some too.

I would rather have a team and I think we are actually take 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this craptastic, ###### overrated horrendous terrible barforific trade of TITANIC LEVEL ######!

I know. Change is hard.

How can this possibly be thought of as a good deal? Look at it from WPG's perspective:

They got rid of 1 player that they cared about (Bogosian), 1 player who they never wanted to wear their jersey again, and 1 player who I have no clue about (Kasdorf.)

In exchange for Myers, Stafford, two top prospects (who were either or slated to both be 1st round picks) and a 1st round pick.

WTF!

This deal is . I could see moving Stafford and Myers but this is the best deal we can do for Myers? Then u throw in Lemieux, Armia and a first? This is huge overpayment. I'm not at all happy. I could care less about Stafford. I like Myers and if he were moved I want a great player coming back. With all the drama Kane has been involved in its what's disturbing. But two solid prospects plus a first. Very sad

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This reminds me of the Pominville trade when everyone said we won the trade with the Wild. A 30 goal scorer for picks and prospects.

The prospects haven't done anything. The trade is essentially Pominville for Zadorov and until we know what he is the jury is still out.

I think Myers for Bogo is a wash so Kane gets a local whipping boy a 1st and some prospects.

Anybody have info on the goalie?

For a fan base that has been forced to watch ###### for the past two years, there's a lot of crying going on.

Our pipeline is still among the best in the league. We still are leading the race to McEichel.

We used our wealth of picks to get real NHL players, ones that are still young.

GMTM showed he's got balls. The fans need some too.

I'm not sold on the players coming back. What's the problem with that?

This was a lot to give up. Not sure how I feel about it. Especially as Murray made that McNabb trade last year, which wasn't great. If Lameiux wasn't included i'd be happier. I think we overpaid by one asset :/

I hope Kane pulls his together. I really wanted us to draft this guy, but he seems like a bit of a cancer

Hockey Central says Kane may have off the ice issues, but competes and plays hard every shift. He also says WPG didn't have the talent to put with Kane, so he floundered a bit. He says Kane need a legit #1 center who is a playmaker because Kane isn't, he's a pure goal scorer; his ice vision isn't the best, but he drives to the net and shoots like no other

It's a good thing the Sabres are loaded on the playmaking center front then. 

Now it's clear to me. BUF surrounds him with talent to make him flourish. Crystal.