Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Kane's numbers are on par with some of the best players in the league. The guy scores, skates, drives to the net, and fights when he needs to. What's not to like on him? Off the ice attitude? wah.

What numbers are you talking about??? He has had 30 goals once and outside of that, he has never had more than 20. 

So we get a head case and a defensive defenseman who can't stay healthy for that package?  WOW.

This... all of this...

I can't even formulate words as to how much I hate this.

Yep

You roll the dice. Stafford, Armia, Myers and Lemieux weren't taking us anywhere anytime soon.

We could have gotten more for less, easily 

Edited by WildCard

It was just a few days ago I posted Murray will trade guys that we wanted to keep in a package that we think is an overpayment to get guys he wants. This is who our GM is, people. Zero ###### Given. get used to it.

All while making the 2014-2015 Buffalo Sabres even worse. It's win-win for him.

From an NHL perspective, Kane and Bogosian clearly beats Stafford and Myers, the question is, did we give up too much potential to make that upgrade? I think we may have.

That said, Kane Reinhart Ennis might be fun to watch.

Biggest trade since Mogilny, maybe even since Turgeon/Lafontaine.

The culture change from Regier is complete.

GMTM just put his stamp on the team. Ennis is the only player of any significance left that you'll call Darcy's

Great post.  I definitely agree that this is the biggest deal since Mogilny. 

This makes a lot of sense:

Buffalo's path is to put together a cycle where they have developing talent _ and developed talent. You can't have too much of one.

Especially this. The franchise was too heavy with prospects and picks. Might still be.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm not sure the Sabres are any better after this trade than they are before it.  Myers , Stafford, Bogosian and Kane are a wash.  Armia, Lemieux, and a 1st? 3 prospects that could have made a difference.  I guess we'll see.

A wash? Kane is a legit first line player. Bogosian may be a step beneath Myers and the rest are prospects only.