Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Only in the most dire of circumstances. I can recall two times in 8? Seasons.

I'm only recalling once. A season opener two or three years ago?

Hmmm I was thinking of an opener against MTL. Maybe he had more grit that I give him credit for!!

I remember two fights since the rookie year Drury/Neil mess -- and both were in either the season opener or the first week of the season. I recall being really disappointed that it felt like filling in a checkbox.

"Get in a fight early in the year to show that I'm tougher than people think after an offseason of speculating about my grit and leadership?"

"Check."

Then for the rest of the season his physical presence disappeared. I thought Stafford was a good fit as a 2nd line winger for the team (as it was then constructed) and he didn't need to fight to prove his value. He needed to be physical in driving to the net and using his body to protect while he used pretty deft hands to chip in the garbage goals. In my wishful thinking, I want Fasching to be the guy that Stafford never quite got to be.

Only in the most dire of circumstances. I can recall two times in 8? Seasons.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not sticking up for Drew Stafford. But dropping the gloves twice in 8 seasons is a lot more than I can say for some of the other shrinking violets that Darcy paid to wear the sweater. Was glad he was gone 3 seasons before he left if that makes sense. He played like it.

1.125m per year...925k is max and then bonuses.

Lemieux is not ready for the AHL, send him back tot he Colts.

Let Hawerchuk teach him how to not take so many penalties and be a plus player.

Energy 4th liner and 3rd at best. Would like to see him on Lowry's wing.

Mainly highlights and reading what scouts and Hawerchuk have to say about him....

They project him higher in the pecking order than I do....

We have enough players taking penalties, we don't need any more...

I've got to compliment the Sabres' organization though, great moves in the last 4-5 months to make the team a playoff contender.

See you in the finals!!!!!!!!!

Mainly highlights and reading what scouts and Hawerchuk have to say about him....

They project him higher in the pecking order than I do....

We have enough players taking penalties, we don't need any more...

I've got to compliment the Sabres' organization though, great moves in the last 4-5 months to make the team a playoff contender.

See you in the finals!!!!!!!!!

I hated to see him go.  Something tells me that he is going to be a memorable player in time,

He's gonna be a Lemieux/Tikkanen type of player but he has to learn to be more disciplined in the NHL. I expect him to be on the farm next year (2016-2017).

I was happy we got him because he is good on the Powerplay.   But seeing he was never going to sign with us and we got enough bottom 6 guys im not sad he got traded.

Edited by Heimdall

@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets agree to terms with LW Brendan Lemieux on a three-year, two-way ELC that carries an AAV of $1.125 million

Nice deal for him

Nice work by the agent. 

Not that it matters too much since he'll be earning the AHL level of his contract for the first couple years when he does turn pro.  He'll need some seasoning just like most.

I was happy we got him because he is good on the Powerplay. But seeing he was never going to sign with us and we got enough bottom 6 guys im not sad he got traded.

His power play scoring is part of why I didn't care about losing him. With the team we're building I just don't see a spot for him to get significant PP time.