Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

see for me I think of Buffalo, I think Labatt's.  I think Rochester I think Genny, but my family is from Rochester so the distinction makes sense for me.

btw there is a bar here that has Genny on tap for 3$ but the bartender knows me and that I am from Rochester so if I am delusional drinking Genny, she gives it to me for half price.  

see for me I think of Buffalo, I think Labatt's.  I think Rochester I think Genny, but my family is from Rochester so the distinction makes sense for me.

I always associated Genny with Buffalo because it's what my dad drinks. But when I moved to Rochester it became apparent that Genny was truly Rochester's beer. 

Damo Cox is Toronto's version of Bucky. Or vice versa and they are likely chums. I want to look back at all the pithy comments after his article though not as one guy says two years, five years etc. I want to look at the pithy comments every year. Cause I believe they are fools gold! Yes go after the staph, yes Myers is an upgrade.... but you could use the muscle of bogo and a productive Kane which of course was not going to happen in the environment that the mature start big buff has created in the dressing room. Right?

The part they may, or may not win on is Lemieux, Armia probably not, but who knows what with the first.

All the pithy comments seem one and shortsighted. I love the trade and do it again. But I do see it as worthy for both sides. And if Kane becomes a headache here? Our loss. I expect him to flourish and be a power forward for a long time. and if he doesn't some GM will think what I think and make a deal for him.

LOL at the one pithy comment that says even if Kane scores 50 x 10 years Peg still wins this trade. LO freaking L.

Anyone that thinks there is a racism here towards blacks are not seeing clearly. Little. Ladd and Wheeler have all taken shite and they aren't black. There is not the same attitude towards blacks in Canada as there is the USA. I guide Americans for duck hunting and I see a lot of it. I see racism towards aboriginals here but not to the same degree of hatred. This is in general and I am not trying to upset anyone on this forum. There are dickwads in every country on the planet. Nobody is coming down on Buff because he is (half) black. He is catching it because he is our one legit superstar and he hasn't played like one. Getzlaf and Perry have.

Enstrom is really catching a lot of ire around here so are we racist towards Swedes? The Ducks are hammering him EVERY time they have the chance...it is playoff hockey and if the Ducks didn't, they wouldn't be coached well. Buff and Ladd were 2 players in a parting of ways with numerous other players (contracts) after their first cup since 1961. They couldn't stay under the cap.

Buff might be moved this off-season if they can't re-sign him. A quality LH shooting D man and a high pick or good prospect in return would do it. Ladd only has a year left too. Glad I'm not the GM of this team. It'll be over shortly and the attention around here will lean towards the draft and off-season trades.

You should probably drop the whole "Canada isn't racist like the US" garbage because it was one of your countrymen (Sabres Fan in Nova Scotia) that made the initial claim about Winnipeg being racist.

The trade was Lemieux for Kane and Bogosian. That is what was going through Murray's head I am sure. That's why I like Murray. If you don't "play the game the right way", you are written to zero.

Heck, everyone makes fun of Ted Nolan for playing guys like Flynn and Mitchell in key situations.......anyone watching the Montreal series or scoresheets?

The fact that people were so in the dark about Bogosian here in Buffalo shocked me. There was almost zero mention of him the day of the trade from any media and most fans. The reason he was a disappointment in Winny is because they already had a guy like him in Byff and expected 50 points a year. I was more excited about him than Kane, and I'm happy about Kane. If I was a kid again, I'd be rockin a Bogosian jersey from day 1. I just hope these 2 don't get turned off by another year of crap hockey.

The trade was Lemieux for Kane and Bogosian. That is what was going through Murray's head I am sure. That's why I like Murray. If you don't "play the game the right way", you are written to zero.

Heck, everyone makes fun of Ted Nolan for playing guys like Flynn and Mitchell in key situations.......anyone watching the Montreal series or scoresheets?

The fact that people were so in the dark about Bogosian here in Buffalo shocked me. There was almost zero mention of him the day of the trade from any media and most fans. The reason he was a disappointment in Winny is because they already had a guy like him in Byff and expected 50 points a year. I was more excited about him than Kane, and I'm happy about Kane. If I was a kid again, I'd be rockin a Bogosian jersey from day 1. I just hope these 2 don't get turned off by another year of crap hockey.

Well sure, those guys look a lot better when they aren't getting 1st/2nd line minutes and PP time, and are on a way more talented roster.

I still have hope for Myers, but in the WPG series he looked like his same old self.  Brain farts at times, silky smooth offense at other times.  He still has trouble getting the point shot through.

Well sure, those guys look a lot better when they aren't getting 1st/2nd line minutes and PP time, and are on a way more talented roster.

I still have hope for Myers, but in the WPG series he looked like his same old self.  Brain farts at times, silky smooth offense at other times.  He still has trouble getting the point shot through.

Bogosian has a heavy shot, and it's accurate. Get a PP of Eichel, Kane and Moulson up front and Bogosian is going to put up an extra 10 points in that alone.

Murray is identifying guys who play a heavy game, and have confidence and/or talent. Bogosian is a very sharp guy and is a rock on the ice and funny off. Kane gets a little glitzy off the ice but he is all you want on it. These guys 5 years from now are the types who will have won you a cup. Zadorov is the same type of personality.....he just needs to wake up a bit. The biggest improvement I have seen this year is in Ennis and Foligno. Ted Nolan for all the crap he takes....these two guys really blossomed in confidence and Foligno's effort became more consistant the end of the year. Larsson has a good attitude and will be a nice 4th liner. Deslauries is a gem of a 4th liner and PK. Girgensons is now considered untouchable.....who was his coach the past 2 years on all teams? Ristolainen was healthy scratched and people complained. He woke up the last 20 games and played a more responsible game in his own end while still pushing it on O.

You have almost all the weak minds off of this team. I'm glad they hung onto Ennis because I didn't think he would make it, but his effort and production was a nice surprise.

I was ecstatic to get Bogosian, whom I think is a better player for us than Myers by far. In his first game with us, he had 25% of Myers' total hits to date for the season. IN ONE GAME! And the work he did against Crosby in the season finale, when it still meant EVERYTHING to the 'Guins, should be a blueprint for every D man in the league. 

I've said it before, the gap between Myers and Bogo offensively is a puddle compared to the ocean of a gap between their defensive games. Myers was victimized in the D zone in that series. Nobody can convince me they couldn't have used Bogo's D game. 

GO SABRES!!!

Well, Myers and Stafford got to play 4 more games than their old teammates. 

I was sad to see Myers go, but if Bogo continues to progress, I think the loss of Tyler will be diminished. The team is big in the back and what they "may" lose offensively from TM, they will more than make up with Bogo crushing guys. 

I think this trade will be good for both teams in the end. 

I was ecstatic to get Bogosian, whom I think is a better player for us than Myers by far. In his first game with us, he had 25% of Myers' total hits to date for the season. IN ONE GAME! And the work he did against Crosby in the season finale, when it still meant EVERYTHING to the 'Guins, should be a blueprint for every D man in the league. 

I've said it before, the gap between Myers and Bogo offensively is a puddle compared to the ocean of a gap between their defensive games. Myers was victimized in the D zone in that series. Nobody can convince me they couldn't have used Bogo's D game. 

GO SABRES!!!

Bogosian was diving in his own zone to clear a puck at the end of that Pens game. I think he may be the eventual captain if the team as a whole progresses the next few years.

We haven't seen a guy with his size, smoothness, talent, and grit on the backend in forever. He has Zhitnik's skillset and plug body, with Schoenfeld's edge and positioning. Myers was Petr Svboda meets Mike Wilson.

I wish Roby was still on the broadcast team, because he would be circling him on the telestrator almost every game then have to call his doctor because it was more than 4 hours......

Bogosian was diving in his own zone to clear a puck at the end of that Pens game. I think he may be the eventual captain if the team as a whole progresses the next few years.

We haven't seen a guy with his size, smoothness, talent, and grit on the backend in forever. He has Zhitnik's skillset and plug body, with Schoenfeld's edge and positioning. Myers was Petr Svboda meets Mike Wilson.

I wish Roby was still on the broadcast team, because he would be circling him on the telestrator almost every game then have to call his doctor because it was more than 4 hours......

:w00t:

Not to mention a great example for three very promising prospects.  I include McCabe in that group due to obvious similarities.

:lol: an official welcome back.