GDT: Sabres at Montreal 2-3-2015 7:30 PM EST MSG, WGR

Brawndo

PHam, don't lie............ you were giddy like a school girl at the possibility of breaking the NHL record losing streak. You live for that crap, if you have nobody to scold you leave the arena disappointed., 

True. Gordo from Dodgeball comes to mind.

He just needs to get forearm shiv'd in the back of the head to get him there.

I figured Angry Myers would come out sooner or later after getting tossed around like a rag doll the first half of the game. It's unfortunate, he's an entirely different player when he's angry. Most shrinks get people to control their emotions, maybe he needs one to get him to release his emotions. Teach him about tempers. 

PHam, don't lie............ you were giddy like a school girl at the possibility of breaking the NHL record losing streak. You live for that crap, if you have nobody to scold you leave the arena disappointed.,

I figured Angry Myers would come out sooner or later after getting tossed around like a rag doll the first half of the game. It's unfortunate, he's an entirely different player when he's angry. Most shrinks get people to control their emotions, maybe he needs one to get him to release his emotions. Teach him about tempers.

When he was on the bench after that hit talking angrily to the trainer/coach/whoever, I observed a very strange thing. In that moment I thought to myself that he suddenly looked like a grown a** man. Not a young man, but an actual grown man. There's a difference. We all know there is. I thought I was seeing the face of 35 year old Tyler Myers. I don't know, it was weird.

When he was on the bench after that hit talking angrily to the trainer/coach/whoever, I observed a very strange thing. In that moment I thought to myself that he suddenly looked like a grown a** man. Not a young man, but an actual grown man. There's a difference. We all know there is. I thought I was seeing the face of 35 year old Tyler Myers. I don't know, it was weird.

I know exactly what you're talking about. He didn't have that confused, scared look any more. He didn't look like a kid. 

Enroth new mask was pretty nice

I think it looks great! Does this mean he knows he's not getting traded? 

I also remember when HBO only broadcasted from 3PM until Midnight each day

I remember watching Hockey Night In Canada from Cheektowaga, but only if you could get the antenna pointed just right, and if the weather was just so, and even then you were lucky if you could see the puck through the snow on the screen.

How many 2 on ones can you give up before the game is a blow out...

All of them!  :P

...I'm tired of the "is Enroth a starter" thing. He's starter caliber.

Not sure after this game, but in his first year as a starter he has a sub-900 sv% over halfway through. Lot of hockey left and I suspect that goes up some, but I haven't seen a starting goaltender. The question with him was always if he color take his play as a backup and sustain that as a starter. So far the answer is a clear no.

I really wish he had RFA years left so we could cheaply give him more time, but that's not an option, and I definitely haven't seen enough to comfortably invest starter money in him.

I was indifferent about this game until Montreal decided to be little all night. They tried to take liberties with a desperate nothing-to-lose team, and took an embarrassing home loss when that team showed uncommon resiliency.

Myers was targeted early (that was an elbow to the head), but he stood up, cleaned up, and fought back. The turning point in his game, oddly enough, was using his stick to literally lift Gallagher off the ice by his nuts. That's what got Gallagher pissy, but Myers was already done putting up with his , and especially wasn't going to do it after the final whistle.

Am I the only one that had this song going through my head when listening to the locker room interviews?

...I'm tired of the "is Enroth a starter" thing. He's starter caliber.

Yes he is. To hold that kind of save percentage behind one of the worst teams the NHL has seen in decades is incredible. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Was that hit on Myers not a headshot ?

Seems like something the league should take a look at yeah.

Seemed like we finally had an exciting game to watch, glad we won again, wouldn't want to get closer to that 17 game losing mark tbh.

Still have to have some pride.

Edited by Heimdall

Sabres slump buster is coming tonight. They win because statistically they are due.

And win we did.  I actually enjoyed an entire period of hockey... it was magical. 

Nikita and Rasmus are developing some chemistry and there were shifts where their games matured.  The shift where Zadorov repeatedly checked prust along the boards stands out to me and Rasmus was just smart all night.  I have high hopes for those two.

Was that hit on Myers not a headshot ?

Blind sided, head was the primary point of contact from the angles I saw, so yes it was.  However we are the Sabres and they are the Candiens, so no suspension.

Why can the goalie come back on the ice after an icing after he's been pulled?

Damn it, i have already deleted the game from the DVR...did this really happen? i must have hit the skip right then cause i did not see this.

I cannot find the answer on line, bu i would think the same 6 have to stay on no?

Edit...did find it now, it is in the rulebook..81.4

Line Change on Icing - A team that is in violation of this rule shall not be permitted to make any player substitutions prior to the ensuing face-off. Should the offending team elect to utilize their team time-out at this stoppage of play, they are still not permitted to make any player substitutions. However, a team shall be permitted to make a player substitution to replace a goalkeeper who had been substituted for an extra attacker, to replace an injured player, or when a penalty has been assessed which affects the on-ice strength of either team. The determination of players on ice will be made when the puck leaves the

Who knew???

Edited by plenzmd1

Not sure after this game, but in his first year as a starter he has a sub-900 sv% over halfway through. Lot of hockey left and I suspect that goes up some, but I haven't seen a starting goaltender. The question with him was always if he color take his play as a backup and sustain that as a starter. So far the answer is a clear no.

I really wish he had RFA years left so we could cheaply give him more time, but that's not an option, and I definitely haven't seen enough to comfortably invest starter money in him.

Seriously?? Considering the defense in front of him, Enroth is the greatest goalie of all time right now. His games are like other teams shootarounds. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Damn it, i have already deleted the game from the DVR...did this really happen? i must have hit the skip right then cause i did not see this.

I cannot find the answer on line, bu i would think the same 6 have to stay on no?

Don't have time to look up in rulebook, but I've seen that exception before. They also seem to let it slide when a guy comes out of the penalty box and his team ices it before he gets off the ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.