GDT: Sabres at Montreal 2-3-2015 7:30 PM EST MSG, WGR

Brawndo

I would say that this year is an abnormality for everyone on the Sabres with the exception of Zemgus. Enroth's career sv% is .909 and this year he is well below that with a .900

If I were a betting man I would think that next season wherever he is playing, we see him bounce back up into the .912 range.  Personally I think Enroth and would extend him but I don't think TM likes his size. 

So which one is the fluke, the streak where he carried the team to 10 wins in 13 games, or the one where he played a majority of 14 straight losses? Perhaps he gave up a few times because the rest of the team just didn't give a damn for a while. It's hard not to, Miller did it in the past. I'm just not sure how much more playing time you want out of him. He's working on his 5th full season and over 100+ starts. 

I think they're both flukes...he' neither as good as he played during the winning streak, nor as bad as he played during the losing streak. That's honestly not something even on my radar. My real question is whether his career sv% coming into this year was real (.914 I think) or whether the .909 (career including this season thus far) is real. He simply hasn't had enough work to be reasonably confident either way. So how much more would I want to see from him? I'd like another full year with him as the #1. He's approaching the 3000 even strength shot mark which is generally when you can be somewhat confident the career sv% accurately reflects true talent...but I really do think there's a difference in putting up stats as a backup and putting up stats as a starter. Hence my desire for a short contract, but I realize that probably isn't an option. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.