GDT: Wild At Sabres 1-15-2015 MSG 7PM

Brawndo

You're of course free to cheer when the other team scores, but that's really bad form. Most of the folks here had adopted root for the Sabres in the micro sense (while watching), but wanting them to lose in the macro sense (for the season). It's a great coping mechanism since win or loss, you can take positives out of it. "Wheee, they won a game!" or "well, that'll help the draft position."

FWIW, I'm sometimes #2, never #1, and with a small child in the house, never drink enough to get to #3. You forgot #4: have the game on while cooking, reading, working, etc.. That's my jam.

#4 is a much better way to not want to stab your eyes out with a dull spoon. I'd go with that.

I went with #2 at the Sabres Canes game last week and intend to do the same tonight. But I do still wear Sabres gear to the game.

So I sit with some form of Sabres apparel on, with outward expressions of wanting them to win, but secretly, and with quiet humility hoping for a better pick in the draft . I can do this for a couple hours, I'm practiced at such things. I get dressed for the occasion, sit quietly and only say nice things, while thinking much different thoughts, we call it diner at the inlaws!

I'm going Saturday, so I would like to know your position on proper, at the game, tank etiquette. My three personas at home seem to be 1.)Wear Sabres gear and cheer when the other team scores. 2.) Sit quietly devoid of all emotion like your another teams scout. 3.) Go full on tank and cheer the complete lunacy of it all. #3 usually involves more alcohol than 1 and 2.

There will plenty of opportunity to lose games, so I usually put the tank on hold for home games against teams I hate. I still hate the Flyers, so we should try to beat their ass any way possible. That said, regardless of tank, I still want to see a good effort. Goals for, especially with these no-talent clowns, is a pretty good sign of good effort, so I usually cheer when we score. I just don't end up caring much if we win or lose- because, to me, it's win-win.

So I sit with some form of Sabres apparel on, with outward exp<b></b>ressions of wanting them to win, but secretly, and with quiet humility hoping for a better pick in the draft . I can do this for a couple hours, I'm practiced at such things. I get dressed for the occasion, sit quietly and only say nice things, while thinking much different thoughts, we call it diner at the inlaws!

Exactly!

Turd Jerseys tonight.

Anyone know if there's an OFFICIAL reason why the old Buffalo Bisons bottlecap uni isn't a heritage or third jersey instead of this explosion in a paint factory? I know the rights with Pepsi but that was our uniform for many years.

Also if the Wild lose this one, I believe Yow will be gone.

Anyone know if there's an OFFICIAL reason why the old Buffalo Bisons bottlecap uni isn't a heritage or third jersey instead of this explosion in a paint factory? I know the rights with Pepsi but that was our uniform for many years.

Probably because they don't really feel like using it. I don't think teams comment on why they aren't wearing a certain jersey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.