GDT: Wild At Sabres 1-15-2015 MSG 7PM

Brawndo

I don't see how this team isn't in 30th place. What's stupid is that earlier this season they looked ready to break out, so, somewhere in that black, ugly, core there exists a team that should be able to get it together.

They couldn't even manage one goal against Devyn effing Dubnyk.

Yeah no kidding. Murray needs to unload this garbage soon. He somehow needs to put a package together and get another top 10 pick.

I don't see how this team isn't in 30th place. What's stupid is that earlier this season they looked ready to break out, so, somewhere in that black, ugly, core there exists a team that should be able to get it together.

Tell me about it. Wait till Murray unloads all these UFA if any team actually wants this garbage. This team is worse than Edmonton. Edmonton has been playing better of late and see them passing us soon. We need one of these big 2 in this draft.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

For a guy who's supposed to be one of this team's best defenseman, Gorges is a -18 over the last 12 games.

Do we really need to hear the same tired post-game cliches? Can we just get to Nolan's presser and avoid the locker room? Only so many times I can hear "We need to get better", "We need to play 60 minutes", "We need to hold each other accountable", "We need to get back to basics"................................

Possibly the worst Sabres game I've ever seen. That 6th goal was especially horrendous. The D had possession, under no pressure, complete fail.

And I miss Roby after games like this. Duff/May are OK, but Roby would have brought his A game and at least entertained in the post game.

This sucks.

For a guy who's supposed to be one of this team's best defenseman, Gorges is a -18 over the last 12 games.

Do we really need to hear the same tired post-game cliches? Can we just get to Nolan's presser and avoid the locker room? Only so many times I can hear "We need to get better", "We need to play 60 minutes", "We need to hold each other accountable", "We need to get back to basics"................................

He can't mold ###### into Gold and Mezaros and a bunch of others are ######. Hodgson, Stewart, Stafford and the list goes on.

Would any of the Sabres just stand up and tell the truth? "We are not a good team. You guys knew we weren't going to be a good team. We have our entire future wrapped up in draft picks and there was no plans on being any better than 30th place this year. The sooner we can accept that and go out there and just be ourselves, the better. It's better to accept being losers than to hang our heads thinking we're not."

I would immediately make that player my favorite.

It's all, part of the plan.

We need McDavid or Eichel that would be a start. Then Murray needs to package both late firsts and a second and try moving back into the top ten.

Would any of the Sabres just stand up and tell the truth? "We are not a good team. You guys knew we weren't going to be a good team. We have our entire future wrapped up in draft picks and there was no plans on being any better than 30th place this year. The sooner we can accept that and go out there and just be ourselves, the better. It's better to accept being losers than to hang our heads thinking we're not."

I agree.

Put the C on him :thumbsup:

I am convinced that GMTM is, and has been, aiming to tank. If he is not, then he needs to be fired for icing the worst team arguably ever. I think GMTM is a competent GM, so he HAS to be either tanking or he is incompetent.

Might be why he kept Nolan as opposed to bringing in his own guy now. Nolan is a sacrificial lamb.

We shall see... he's been pretty good this year for Arizona considering he's a journeyman. The Sabres are likely to make him look like Brodeur in his prime.

They couldn't even manage one goal against Devyn effing Dubnyk.

What'd I tell you? :P

I am convinced that GMTM is, and has been, aiming to tank. If he is not, then he needs to be fired for icing the worst team arguably ever. I think GMTM is a competent GM, so he HAS to be either tanking or he is incompetent.

Might be why he kept Nolan as opposed to bringing in his own guy now. Nolan is a sacrificial lamb.

He isn't incompetent. He is patient. Think of Murray like an old snake, biding his time, coiled, waiting, watching...

We need McDavid or Eichel that would be a start. Then Murray needs to package both late firsts and a second and try moving back into the top ten.

I agree.

I'll bite since it's the fourth or fifth time you've said this on this page :P

I don't think that would work. Especially if St. Louis and NYI get some playoff wins under their belts. Regardless of how deep this draft is.

He isn't incompetent. He is patient. Think of Murray like an old snake, biding his time, coiled, waiting, watching...

I don't think he is patient. He just has nothing to work with. We have about 5 players that another team might want. This team is so void of talent I could puke. Putting this kind of product on the ice is a freaking joke.

It is embarrassing to everone involved. Fans, players, coaches, and the league. All for a chance at a freaking draft pick. Makes me sick. Hence my username!!

Edited by sicknfla

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.