GDT: Wild At Sabres 1-15-2015 MSG 7PM

Brawndo

I'll be punchin' the clock on this one. At this point, just hearing RJ's voice is like having a fire in the fireplace. Don't really need it for heat, but it's comforting that it's there and nice to look at every once in a while.

One suspender, two suspender...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpAiUDbyBJo

The Wild come into Buffalo Tonight on a six game losing streak. The Sabres, they lost a few in row as well. Something has to give.

Vanek and Pommer return to their old stomping ground as well.

Yep. One of those movable objects meeting the resistable force kind of moments.

My guess is Vanek & Pomms light up their old stomping grounds, but you never know. Suter being out could be an issue if the Sabres have anyone besides Weber and Varone that can find the twine. Again, movable object - resistable force.

Edited by Taro T

I'll be punchin' the clock on this one. At this point, just hearing RJ's voice is like having a fire in the fireplace. Don't really need it for heat, but it's comforting that it's there and nice to look at every once in a while.

This should be a poem:

Rick Jeanneret

I'll be punchin' the clock

this point in time:

Just hearing the voice

like a fire in the fireplace.

No need for heat,

just a comfort to have.

You figure Vanek and Pommer will like playing with their old mates, but geez most of their old mates are gone already. It's been a quick turnover. This team has almost nothing in common with the team they were traded away from aside from Kaleta, Drew, Weber, Tyler & Tyler.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

I'm going Saturday, so I would like to know your position on proper, at the game, tank etiquette. My three personas at home seem to be 1.)Wear Sabres gear and cheer when the other team scores. 2.) Sit quietly devoid of all emotion like your another teams scout. 3.) Go full on tank and cheer the complete lunacy of it all. #3 usually involves more alcohol than 1 and 2.

[quo te][/quote

I'll be taking in this key CHL affair live at FNC.

]

I'm going Saturday, so I would like to know your position on proper, at the game, tank etiquette. My three personas at home seem to be 1.)Wear Sabres gear and cheer when the other team scores. 2.) Sit quietly devoid of all emotion like your another teams scout. 3.) Go full on tank and cheer the complete lunacy of it all. #3 usually involves more alcohol than 1 and 2.

You're of course free to cheer when the other team scores, but that's really bad form. Most of the folks here had adopted root for the Sabres in the micro sense (while watching), but wanting them to lose in the macro sense (for the season). It's a great coping mechanism since win or loss, you can take positives out of it. "Wheee, they won a game!" or "well, that'll help the draft position."

FWIW, I'm sometimes #2, never #1, and with a small child in the house, never drink enough to get to #3. You forgot #4: have the game on while cooking, reading, working, etc.. That's my jam.

Edited by MattPie

You're of course free to cheer when the other team scores, but that's really bad form. Most of the folks here had adopted root for the Sabres in the micro sense (while watching), but wanting them to lose in the macro sense (for the season). It's a great coping mechanism since win or loss, you can take positives out of it. "Wheee, they won a game!" or "well, that'll help the draft position."

FWIW, I'm sometimes #2, never #1, and with a small child in the house, never drink enough to get to #3. You forgot #4: have the game on while cooking, reading, working, etc.. That's my jam.

#4 is a much better way to not want to stab your eyes out with a dull spoon. I'd go with that.

He played a couple of games for Nashville last year and they were quite possibly the worst two NHL goaltending performances I've ever seen. But maybe he'll find his game in Minny. :D

We shall see... he's been pretty good this year for Arizona considering he's a journeyman. The Sabres are likely to make him look like Brodeur in his prime.

I went with #2 at the Sabres Canes game last week and intend to do the same tonight. But I do still wear Sabres gear to the game.

Edited by Claude_Verret

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.