Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Actually they seem to like Clay as their Delanie Walker. I could still see Vernon Davis coming on a draft day trade.

I could see them pursuing Davis if Clay isn't here. No chance they pursue him if Clay is in town. The second Walker was ready to get paid he left San Fran. Aren't paying two tight ends decent-to-big money (as evidenced by Chandler's release).

Chandler didn't drop any more passes than any other TE. Guy has a couple of infamous plays and he became lonnie Johnson.

11th highest drop percentage by tight ends with at least 35 targets. 10th in 2013.

Clay was 23rd this year and 15th in 2013.

Chandler has got to be one of the most easily tackled players in the league. Dude is huge but gets dropped on contact

That's true. And it is what impressed me about Clay in the video above. He doesn't like to go down with the initial hit. He's hard to play against in that regard. And that takes its toll over the course of a game. 

GO BILLS!!!

Wow I loved Goldson's play in SF, has he dropped off that badly?  He'd be an upgrade on most rosters.

He was decent in Tampa. He's a victim of his own "greed" (hate calling it that since I think these players should take the most money they can get). Teams like Tampa and Miami and Washington who try to go from worst to first in free agency always end up cutting those bad contracts the second the guarantees get lower.

I'm not buying it. It's low hanging fruit. You see a guy drop a couple a passes, stone hands. I want stats. Otherwise, he'll just have followed in a long line of the same victims. Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, who's next? Clay, Sammy?

11th highest drop percentage by tight ends with at least 35 targets. 10th in 2013.

Clay was 23rd this year and 15th in 2013.

You got your stats. :p

A lot of the players ahead of Chandler are guys like Gronk, Jimmy Graham and other big-time TEs. Those guys have more drops because they're covered closer than Chandler. If covered similarly, I'd be willing to bet his drops would be even worse.

I don't think Chandler had stone hands, but he certainly seemed to be one of those guys who melts down when he actually gets too much time and space to make a catch.

Edited by Tank

I'm not buying it. It's low hanging fruit. You see a guy drop a couple a passes, stone hands. I want stats. Otherwise, he'll just have followed in a long line of the same victims. Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, who's next? Clay, Sammy?

It already started with Sammy. Because of the trade to get him, every single mistake is going to get crushed, accompanied by a snide reference to said trade.

I had a flash of deja vu tonight -- to the effect that the Pegulas' big splash into NFL free agency during their first months of ownership was reminiscent of their first months as owners of the Sabres. Maybe it was the report that they flew Clay on their private jet (a la Regehr?).

I'm hoping Charles Clay isn't Ville Leino. We can probably avoid that, so long as no one asks Clay to play center.

I had a flash of deja vu tonight -- to the effect that the Pegulas' big splash into NFL free agency during their first months of ownership was reminiscent of their first months as owners of the Sabres. Maybe it was the report that they flew Clay on their private jet (a la Regehr?).

I'm hoping Charles Clay isn't Ville Leino. We can probably avoid that, so long as no one asks Clay to play center.

They may soon seek solace in the no guaranteed contract refuge of the NFL.

Never said it wasn't legitimate...it can be both snide and legitimate ;)

I'm just getting to the point where I wish the trade had never happened just so I would no longer have to hear about how it shouldn't have happened. It's the new Black Sunday.

Never said it couldn't be both legitimate and snide.  :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.