Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Over $11 million a year?  I'm not happy about it.

It's not, it comes in at ~$9M/year, big difference

Still no news on Demarco Murray. Before the McCoy trade I thought we were going to pursue him pretty hard. I still think he's the product of his line though

@MMehtaNYDN: Sources: Jets aggressively pursuing Pro Bowl guard Mike Iupati #nyj http://t.co/QOz8LSzKvChttp://t.co/KlNEI3f2VI 

Can't believe Willis is already retiring. Wonder if it's because he's been banged up a bit recently and wants to preserve his body, or he sees the 49ers as a rapidly growing tire fire and wants nothing to do with it.

Honestly, he's always been very humble from the day he was drafted.  He has enough money to likely walk away.  He might not want to deal with pain for the rest of his life.  It is a very honorable trait that few have.  Good for him to go out on his terms. 

San Francisco wants to trade Kaepernick.  Do the Bills have anything that they would want?

The 49ers have denied it as hard as possible. Yes, I know, it's what any GM would do in the same situation...but it was a 100% "this isn't happening" statement, not some half-evasive "We're not looking to trade him but we'll of course listen to offers" type thing. 

Sal Maiorana ‏@salmaiorana  28s

I asked Whaley if there's more to come: He smiled and said "Wait and see"

Next month once the snow melts 

If you had said this before this week's forecast, I'd have had some snide remark about it never melting :p

San Francisco wants to trade Kaepernick.  Do the Bills have anything that they would want?

Eeesh. I'm sure the asking price would be a pick(s).

But do we want that guy? Big cap hit. Gotta be close to $20M annually.

Whaley said at his presser that not having a marquee QB allows you to do other things (like throw a bunch of money at Hughes). Which was sort of a weird thing to say. Because you know what else not having a marquee QB allows you to do? Miss the playoffs with regularity.

The 49ers have denied it as hard as possible. Yes, I know, it's what any GM would do in the same situation...but it was a 100% "this isn't happening" statement, not some half-evasive "We're not looking to trade him but we'll of course listen to offers" type thing. 

If you had said this before this week's forecast, I'd have had some snide remark about it never melting :P

I still have my own doubts 

To those (Tank) saying that Fred didn't add anything on the field: Fred won that Chicago game for this team, and kept them in many others.  Fred played hurt, and more than one player, in a post game interview has said that seeing vets like Fred go all out like inspired them.  Don't take away what Freddy has done and marginalize him.  That man has bled Buffalo blue and red since the day he got to town.  He would be missed immensely in that locker room and on the field.   He is a calming presence for younger players, and deserves the chance to be a back for this team, especially over Brown.  I love the shake ups this regime has brought about, but players like K. Williams and F. Jackson are players that deserve to see this thing through

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

To those (Tank) saying that Fred didn't add anything on the field: Fred won that Chicago game for this team, and kept them in many others.  Fred played hurt, and more than one player, in a post game interview has said that seeing vets like Fred go all out like inspired them.  Don't take away what Freddy has done and marginalize him.  That man has bled Buffalo blue and red since the day he got to town.  He would be missed immensely in that locker room and on the field.   He is a calming presence for younger players, and deserves the chance to be a back for this team, especially over Brown.  I love the shake ups this regime has brought about, but players like K. Williams and F. Jackson are players that deserve to see this thing through

This is a good post.

Not sure Fred stays, or that he even should stay in favor of younger, cheaper players, but I like the post.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 23s23 seconds ago

Bills source tells me Fred Jackson "isn't going anywhere." Second source tells me Terry Pegula got involved. Stay tuned.

Welp... So much for arguing that he's not a meddler.

I'm glad Freddy is staying. I saw plenty of reason to let him go on the field, but he always meant a lot off it to the community/team... But, if Graham is right, I'm not happy about how it went down.

Edited by Tank

Welp... So much for arguing that he's not a meddler.

I'm glad Freddy is staying. I saw plenty of reason to let him go on the field, but he always meant a lot off it to the community/team... But, if Graham is right, I'm not happy about how it went down.

Somebody forgot *why* PA's meddling charges were dismissed ;)

"Meddling" is simply owning the team.

I can't wait for PA to sink his teeth into this.

This sounds a bit beyond that, but of course we don't know the details.

Really depends how the conversation went (which of course we'll never know). Was it along the lines of "You're going to cut Fred Jackson for Bilal freakin' Powell? Nope, I think not." Or was it simply challenging the thought process and making them (Whaley and/or Rex) explain why Powell was a big enough upgrade to justify what would undoubtedly be an unpopular move (both among fans and players), and perhaps making them re-think Jackson's intangible value, especially when you bring in somebody like Incognito to the locker room. 

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.