Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Vic Carucci@viccarucci 25s

26 seconds ago

Despite a report to the contrary, #Bills were not among teams pursuing OG Mike Iupati, who reportedly is headed to Cardinals.

I don't believe that for a second. Not that it's a bad thing we didn't land him (especially before seeing the numbers). I just think this is highly doubtful.

What's more likely, in my mind, is that they shifted their focus to Bulaga over the last 24 hours, though. As the Iupati rumors got quieter the Bulaga ones got loud.

Edited by Tank

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci  25s

Despite a report to the contrary, #Bills were not among teams pursuing OG Mike Iupati, who reportedly is headed to Cardinals.

I don't believe that for a second. Not that it's a bad thing we didn't land him (especially before seeing the numbers). I just think this is highly doubtful.

Same here; I saw this and was immediately confused as hell. Roman's star run-blocker at our most needed position (besides QB) and we don't want him?  :rolleyes:

(Not calling you out Brawndo, I was on my way in here to link the same tweet actually.)

This makes Bulaga and Boling very high priorities though.

I always doubted that Iupati was a real option. They just don't place that premium on guards.

As for the point about Roman, maybe it was Roman who persuaded them that he wasn't worth it. Sometimes familiarity works against a player.

Who is "they?" The Bills have an entirely new staff. There is no "they." We don't know what "they" want.

Who is "they?" The Bills have an entirely new staff. There is no "they." We don't know what "they" want.

Whaley is on record saying that he does not place a high value on guards.  Do Rex and Roman share the same feelings, who knows?

Gore agreed to a contract with the Colts 

Until someone can prove otherwise, Whaley controls personnel acquisitions with input from Ryan and staff. You dismiss a report by a respected journalist without any "proof" so I'm not sure short of a wire tap what I can provide you.

Am I the only one who didn't know Manziel has been in rehab for the pat 5 weeks? 

My sister knew that.  She mostly follows TMZ, children's shows, the local PTA, and, occasionally, Food Network.

Yeah, you're the only one.

Until someone can prove otherwise, Whaley controls personnel acquisitions with input from Ryan and staff. You dismiss a report by a respected journalist without any "proof" so I'm not sure short of a wire tap what I can provide you.

Except to accept Carucci's report is to dismiss many other respected reporters... But that's besides the point.

I don't think we can just hold something from two/three offseasons ago as gospel. Things change. Especially the coaching staff. If they want a guard then Whaley would obviously consider it strongly. This isnt Draft Day... GMs and coaches work together. In today's world the coaches have more say because you need to get them the pieces for THEIR team...

Edited by Tank

Except to accept Carucci's report is to dismiss many other respected reporters... But that's besides the point.

I don't think we can just hold something from two/three offseasons ago as gospel. Things change. Especially the coaching staff. If they want a guard then Whaley would obviously consider it strongly. This isnt Draft Day... GMs and coaches work together. In today's world the coaches have more say because you need to get them the pieces for THEIR team...

Don't disagree but with no evidence to the contrary, I will still go with "they" don't put a premium on guards.

One more thing, the problem with all these rumors is that most of them are agent driven. The Iupati signing is a perfect example; I never once heard Arizona until today.

Don't disagree but with no evidence to the contrary, I will still go with "they" don't put a premium on guards.

One more thing, the problem with all these rumors is that most of them are agent driven. The Iupati signing is a perfect example; I never once heard Arizona until today.

Was going to mention your last point. Always fear the mystery team.

Well Graham is the only one reporting the meddling which gives me the feeling that Graham is covering his own ass. Everybody else is saying that releasing Fred was never an option and that they only approached him about restructuring his deal... Graham has nothing to lose here. He's leaving Bills coverage this fall so if he burns some Bills bridges it won't matter.

Huh. Interesting take.

I think it's a virtual certainty that Rex is calling the shots and Whaley is executing on his directives.

One more thing, the problem with all these rumors is that most of them are agent driven.

I completely agree with this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.