Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Morning thoughts: this team won't have a QB until it finds one so talented and unwavering that they're abilities trump the culture of losing. I have no doubt they've had one or two QBs since Kelly that could have been good elsewhere. They need to strike gold. Move heaven and earth to draft high.

The NFL legitimately needs to have a conference on reffing. Bring in like five heads of refereeing and every team. Then hold town halls in each city. Bring in neutral parties and essentially re-write the messy parts of the rule book.

The fact that the NFL had the inadvertent whistle play removed from the NFL Network replay is hilarious. You can't write the history of this game without it.

This team has very few pieces I feel attached to. They could blow it up.

You really can't even get mad about it anymore. It's absolutely hilarious that they did that. Tells you all you need to know abow their integrity, and what they really care about.

Speaking of QBs, not that I believe it would be an option, but I can't help but wonder if Indy will wind up doing something incredibly stupid with Luck. They seem to be dysfunctional enough to screw that one up.

I think they're at least somewhat competent enough not to do this. I think Sean Payton is going to be the next coach of the Colts which will help.

There could be a very interesting number of QBs available this offseason, though.

Draft: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis) and Connor Cook (MSU). To a MUCH MUCH lesser extent (I'm not endorsing these guys): Christian Hackenberg (Penn St), Jacoby Brissett (NC State) and Cardale Jones (Ohio St).

Possible via trade: Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford.

Possible free agents: Kirk Cousins, Robert Grifiin III, Colin Kaepernick, Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Nick Foles

Of those guys the only ones I'm keen on are the first three draftees (Lynch, Goff, Cook), Brees (not sure what he does at this age in Buffalo weather, though), Stafford. Cousins is better than people think, but I have a feeling Washington commits to him for a few more years. I'm still a huge RG3 fan but I'm not interested considering how much of a question mark he is having sat an entire season and dealt with injuries. Manning would be very interesting, but he's been just about the worst QB in the league this year. Cutler is very good, and Cutler/Rex would be a beautiful marriage but he seems to be too much of a head case to handle a losing culture. That's about it. I don't want a half measure at QB. Go all out.

Speaking of QBs, not that I believe it would be an option, but I can't help but wonder if Indy will wind up doing something incredibly stupid with Luck.  They seem to be dysfunctional enough to screw that one up.

I think Irsay would fire everyone the moment it was even mentioned.

I think they're at least somewhat competent enough not to do this. I think Sean Payton is going to be the next coach of the Colts which will help.

There could be a very interesting number of QBs available this offseason, though.

Draft: Jared Goff (Cal), Paxton Lynch (Memphis) and Connor Cook (MSU). To a MUCH MUCH lesser extent (I'm not endorsing these guys): Christian Hackenberg (Penn St), Jacoby Brissett (NC State) and Cardale Jones (Ohio St).

Possible via trade: Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford.

Possible free agents: Kirk Cousins, Robert Grifiin III, Colin Kaepernick, Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Nick Foles

Of those guys the only ones I'm keen on are the first three draftees (Lynch, Goff, Cook), Brees (not sure what he does at this age in Buffalo weather, though), Stafford. Cousins is better than people think, but I have a feeling Washington commits to him for a few more years. I'm still a huge RG3 fan but I'm not interested considering how much of a question mark he is having sat an entire season and dealt with injuries. Manning would be very interesting, but he's been just about the worst QB in the league this year. Cutler is very good, and Cutler/Rex would be a beautiful marriage but he seems to be too much of a head case to handle a losing culture. That's about it. I don't want a half measure at QB. Go all out.

Cousins, Kaepernick, Foles, possibly RG3 & Manning (which makes me awfully sad, injuries suck) are worse than Taylor. 

Cousins, Kaepernick, Foles, possibly RG3 & Manning (which makes me awfully sad, injuries suck) are worse than Taylor.

Agree on Kaepernick and Foles. RG3 is at least the same player as Taylor, but he's far more talented. Manning is an interesting debate that I wouldn't know which side I'm on. He can't just suddenly be this bad. Maybe if Denver keeps him out the rest of the season and he rests up the rest of the year he has a shot to be decent. Cousins is a guy I've always liked. He's got some Matt Schaub-type decision making at times, but if he can reel that in and play for a talented team he's got a shot to be good. He had a very good November.

Boston Globe article outlining the major officiating gaffes last night.

The NFL just cant have this nonsense going on in what seems like every damn game.

I thought the Bills should have been given one more down at the time.  

I don't fault the refs as much as I fault the NFL for making calling the game as difficult as interpreting the tax code.  The sissy rule put in on QBs makes it all but impossible to hit them.  Imagine if Jim Kelly could have played with the no touch QB rules of today.

Edited by wjag

I thought the Bills should have been given one more down at the time.  

I don't fault the refs as much as I fault the NFL for making calling the game as difficult as interpreting the tax code.  The sissy rule put in on QBs makes it all but impossible to hit them.  Imagine if Jim Kelly could have played with the no touch QB rules of today.

If only he would have sold as many jerseys as Brady...

But upon review, the ball was still clearly in the air when the inadvertent whistle was blown, and our source believes that the officials didn’t call that correctly.

“They should have just blown the play dead, but were looking to appease both sides,” the source said.

How is giving Amendola a 14 yard catch and then a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to the Bills "appeasing" both sides?

But upon review, the ball was still clearly in the air when the inadvertent whistle was blown, and our source believes that the officials didn’t call that correctly.

“They should have just blown the play dead, but were looking to appease both sides,” the source said.

How is giving Amendola a 14 yard catch and then a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to the Bills "appeasing" both sides?

The appeased the left side and right side of Belicheat.

Because it would have been a TD if not for the whistle!  <_<

Only the NFL can make an officiating gaffe worse by first making the wrong call in relation to the original mistake and then making up a penalty on top of it to further penalize the same team. 

Because it would have been a TD if not for the whistle!  <_<

Only the NFL can make an officiating gaffe worse by first making the wrong call in relation to the original mistake and then making up a penalty on top of it to further penalize the same team. 

I disagree. The corner or safety, whichever was on the cover was right there. They let up after they hear the whistle. If not they could easily make that tackle.

I disagree. The corner or safety, whichever was on the cover was right there. They let up after they hear the whistle. If not they could easily make that tackle.

Probably not. They were set up to block the only person in between him and the end zone. It was butchered bad by the refs regardless. You messed up, don't punish Buffalo for it.

Probably not. They were set up to block the only person in between him and the end zone. It was butchered bad by the refs regardless. You messed up, don't punish Buffalo for it.

"But Rex was in the way.... yeah, that's what happened, that's why I screwed up, evil Rex got in my way!"

It sounds plausible to me, crappy NFL ref. :doh:

I actually think they ended up putting the ball just about where it would have probably ended up without the whistle. He would have made the catch, our DB would not have pulled off and he would have chased him down right about where they put the ball. Whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.