Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I don't get this move..  Is he really better than the LBs the Bills have already?  Whose spot would he take?

I'd imagine that Rex liked something about him when he was coaching him last year.  Ignoring the news around it for a second, this is the typical NFL move where a coach picks one of his old guys from his previous stop.  My guess is he winds up cut anyway.

And as for Geno pressing charges, he'd probably never hear the end of it on or off the field in the future if he did.  He's going to hear it for a while anyway, but pressing charges would take it to another level.

This may be bad news for he guy, though. Geno had apparently been considering filing charges against him... It probably just got a little easier for him to decide.

And the NFL will likely end up suspending him. As PFT pointed out the new NFL policies will likely apply not only to domestic violence but also workplace violence.

He's not going to make the team, anyway.  But he will tell all about the Jets' playbook.

He's not going to make the team, anyway.  But he will tell all about the Jets' playbook.

Doesn't make sense. We don't play them until week 10. There will be 20-30 guys the Jets drop since then that could give us a better idea of the playbook without the negative media attention.

The Bills decision happened so quick that I suspect there wasn't that much logic involved. I'm normally a conspiracy guy, but I think Rex just liked the player, believes in second chances, loves media attention, and wanted to mess with the Jets a bit (stay in the New York limelight). 

Or maybe he's a diamond in the rough? Haven't heard a scouting report from anybody yet. He was a 6th rounder last year.

Doesn't make sense. We don't play them until week 10. There will be 20-30 guys the Jets drop since then that could give us a better idea of the playbook without the negative media attention.

The Bills decision happened so quick that I suspect there wasn't that much logic involved. I'm normally a conspiracy guy, but I think Rex just liked the player, believes in second chances, loves media attention, and wanted to mess with the Jets a bit (stay in the New York limelight).

Or maybe he's a diamond in the rough? Haven't heard a scouting report from anybody yet. He was a 6th rounder last year.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/jets/story/1570901-ik-enemkpali-working-to-reach-full-potential

It's gameday! Here's 5 players to watch tonight (according to buffalobills.com):

Matt Cassel

Ronald Darby

Marqueis Gray

John Miller

Cedric Reed

I struggle with watching the preseason. Last year I went to the Bills-Bucs game where McCown went 13-16 passing and the starters were down 27-10 at half or something to that effect. Obviously they went on to have completely different seasons but I don't know what to take seriously (offensive struggles) or what to disregard (an opposing quarterback going 13-16 on our healthy defense). I think I'm going to simply disregard the results completely. It won't effect my outlook on the season unless there's injuries

The IK guy formerly of the Jets - he's a Rex guy in terms of drafting and development. He might stick.

I think Ryan also brought him in hoping that some of his nastiness and attitude rubs off on the rest of the defense.  That's one of the things the Bills' have been deficient in for a number of years.  Rex seems to like "in you' face".  We'll see what happens... :angry:

It's gameday! Here's 5 players to watch tonight (according to buffalobills.com):

Matt Cassel

Ronald Darby

Marqueis Gray

John Miller

Cedric Reed

I struggle with watching the preseason. Last year I went to the Bills-Bucs game where McCown went 13-16 passing and the starters were down 27-10 at half or something to that effect. Obviously they went on to have completely different seasons but I don't know what to take seriously (offensive struggles) or what to disregard (an opposing quarterback going 13-16 on our healthy defense). I think I'm going to simply disregard the results completely. It won't effect my outlook on the season unless there's injuries

Outside of Darby, I don't understand their list.

I think Ryan also brought him in hoping that some of his nastiness and attitude rubs off on the rest of the defense. That's one of the things the Bills' have been deficient in for a number of years. Rex seems to like "in you' face". We'll see what happens... :angry:

I don't think our D has lacked in the nastiness department in some time.

Go to 1:00 here to watch him throw from his own 30 to inside the 5 yard line:

I'm not trying to defend him as an overall QB, but he's got arm strength. Problem is the accuracy. He leans too heavy on his back foot on deep balls essentially just throwing it as high and far as he can at times. I don't think accuracy as much of an arm thing. Leading the receiver uses your brain and muscle memory. His footwork would go a LONG way to improving his accuracy, but I agree that it's not going to cure it. His inaccuracies seem to be the type that never get better if they haven't by this point in his career.

I don't think EJ is an NFL QB. He's got a ton of the tools, but it takes more than looking the part to get it done.

65 yards with a run up is high school arm strength--ive sen 14 yr olds throw that far. ok better footwork would improve his accuracy.

he sucks on the field.--OK ONE good throw of 47 yards.

Go to 1:00 here to watch him throw from his own 30 to inside the 5 yard line:

I'm not trying to defend him as an overall QB, but he's got arm strength. Problem is the accuracy. He leans too heavy on his back foot on deep balls essentially just throwing it as high and far as he can at times. I don't think accuracy as much of an arm thing. Leading the receiver uses your brain and muscle memory. His footwork would go a LONG way to improving his accuracy, but I agree that it's not going to cure it. His inaccuracies seem to be the type that never get better if they haven't by this point in his career.

I don't think EJ is an NFL QB. He's got a ton of the tools, but it takes more than looking the part to get it done.

65 yards with a run up is high school arm strength--ive sen 14 yr olds throw that far. ok better footwork would improve his accuracy.

he sucks on the field.

Edited by calti

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.