Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

My thoughts exactly. Yet another reason for me to not acknowledge their "greatness".

Especially since the whole thing makes it very clear that this wasn't just a one time thing.  I don't know if they ever got to that point with spygate (thanks in part to the league not being very open about it).  Tom's been messing with balls for quite a while and these texts make that very clear.

The Patriots provided cooperation throughout the investigation, including by making personnel and information available to us upon request. Counsel for the Patriots, however, refused to make Jim McNally available for a follow-up interview requested by our investigative team on what we believed were important topics, despite our offer to meet at any time and location that would be convenient for McNally. Counsel for the Patriots apparently refused even to inform McNally of our request. We believe the failure by the Patriots and its counsel to produce McNally for the requested follow-up interview violated the club‟s obligations to cooperate with the investigation under the Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of League Rules and was inconsistent with public statements made by the Patriots pledging full cooperation with the investigation.

Rotten to the feckin core.

Especially since the whole thing makes it very clear that this wasn't just a one time thing.  I don't know if they ever got to that point with spygate (thanks in part to the league not being very open about it).  Tom's been messing with balls for quite a while and these texts make that very clear.

And for those that don't think it's a big deal, there was some stat that someone read last year about fumbles lost, or something like that, that was so far below the league average that it looked odd. Maybe someone who is better than I in finding links like this could find it.

Eh, if being on the Bills couldn't make me like him he might as well be a Pat. He's not very good anymore.

He's just as good as he always has been in the one-dimensional two-down backer role. I'm not sad he isn't returning to Buffalo, but I'm not a fan of him going back to NE if it ends up happening. Liked him trashing the Pats empire while here.

He's just as good as he always has been in the one-dimensional two-down backer role. I'm not sad he isn't returning to Buffalo, but I'm not a fan of him going back to NE if it ends up happening. Liked him trashing the Pats empire while here.

I didn't like him getting 15 yard penalties for pile driving people after the play.  I guess I was relieved that he wasn't doing it to our QB anymore, but I still hated him for being a scumbag player.

And for those that don't think it's a big deal, there was some stat that someone read last year about fumbles lost, or something like that, that was so far below the league average that it looked odd. Maybe someone who is better than I in finding links like this could find it.

The article in question was thoroughly debunked by much better analysis.

That said, regardless of how much it did or didn't matter on the field, I want the hammer dropped. The organization didn't cooperate fully with the investigation, Brady himself lied and stonewalled, and as Shrader said it's pretty obvious this wasn't a one time deal. There should be a hefty fine, draft pick penalties, and suspensions for both Belichick and Brady. I'm aware the report vindicates the Patriots' higher ups of direct involvement, but Sean Payton wasn't involved in bountygate and he still got suspended for a season because "ignorance is not an excuse." The league's premier franchise has shown zero respect for the integrity of the game and our collective intelligence and the harshest possible penalty should be doled out.

The hilarious part about this is that if they had just come out and admitted "yea we kinda messed with the balls" they probably get some lame fine and we never hear of it again. But no...lie, frustrate, deceive, publicly bloviate...as usual the cover-up is worse than the crime.

I didn't like him getting 15 yard penalties for pile driving people after the play. I guess I was relieved that he wasn't doing it to our QB anymore, but I still hated him for being a scumbag player.

I agree that he's a scumbag player. He's a henchman. The perfect one for Rex. He gets in the other team's head. I don't think there's much sense as a well-times 15-yard penalty but I think he gets away with a lot that really digs at the other team, too. I like his attitude about loving the place he's in.

The article in question was thoroughly debunked by much better analysis.

That said, regardless of how much it did or didn't matter on the field, I want the hammer dropped. The organization didn't cooperate fully with the investigation, Brady himself lied and stonewalled, and as Shrader said it's pretty obvious this wasn't a one time deal. There should be a hefty fine, draft pick penalties, and suspensions for both Belichick and Brady. I'm aware the report vindicates the Patriots' higher ups of direct involvement, but Sean Payton wasn't involved in bountygate and he still got suspended for a season because "ignorance is not an excuse." The league's premier franchise has shown zero respect for the integrity of the game and our collective intelligence and the harshest possible penalty should be doled out.

The hilarious part about this is that if they had just come out and admitted "yea we kinda messed with the balls" they probably get some lame fine and we never hear of it again. But no...lie, frustrate, deceive, publicly bloviate...as usual the cover-up is worse than the crime.

link?

Collins cleared as a suspect officially:  http://www.klewtv.com/sports/NFL-Free-Agent-Collins-Cleared-as-Suspect---302785881.html

Not a big surprise as there was literally not one single logical piece of evidence (other than him being an ex) to think otherwise.  Just to reiterate would I said earlier, this guy lost millions of dollars because poor timing.  

Yeah, I'm not reading all that. So, they're not off the charts low. They are still down there enough to make me think that they were doing it because they saw results. Otherwise, why do it?

Also, Ballghazi might be the dumbest name for a scandal, ever.

Collins cleared as a suspect officially:  http://www.klewtv.com/sports/NFL-Free-Agent-Collins-Cleared-as-Suspect---302785881.html

Not a big surprise as there was literally not one single logical piece of evidence (other than him being an ex) to think otherwise.  Just to reiterate would I said earlier, this guy lost millions of dollars because poor timing.  

Unbelievable.  He got completely screwed. 

Having said that -- does anyone know whether there is a rookie wage scale that applies to undrafted FAs?  Could he end up making more than he would've made if he had been, say, the #8 overall pick?  Certainly there seem to be a number of teams interested -- a bidding war is likely to emerge.

And it would be a pretty strong showing by TP/Rex if they won that auction..

Unbelievable.  He got completely screwed. 

Having said that -- does anyone know whether there is a rookie wage scale that applies to undrafted FAs?  Could he end up making more than he would've made if he had been, say, the #8 overall pick?  Certainly there seem to be a number of teams interested -- a bidding war is likely to emerge.

And it would be a pretty strong showing by TP/Rex if they won that auction..

There will be no bidding war. There's a max the UDFAs can be offered in the NFL and he'll get that from any team that's legitimately interested.

According to this Sportrac article it's $435,000: https://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-veteran-discounts/

This Sun Sentinal article has it a bit higher at 3 years, $1.58M http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-lael-collins-0506-20150505-story.html

(The 8th pick is projected to get nearly $13M in total value by comparison).

Edited by Hoss

@FO_ScottKacsmar: 2014 Highest rate of Uncatchable Targets

1. Cecil Shorts 37.3%

2. Sammy Watkins 34.4%

3. A.Hawkins 32.1%

4. VJax 31.0%

5. Mike Wallace 30.4

@FO_ScottKacsmar: Lowest rate of Uncatchable targets, 2014 WR

1. Jarvis Landry 15.2%

2. Odell Beckham Jr. 16.2%

3. Roddy White 16.8%

While I know about the rookie wage scale, there must be something in the rules about gifts and what not. You can't just offer the a mansion, boat and plane right?

@FO_ScottKacsmar: 2014 Highest rate of Uncatchable Targets

1. Cecil Shorts 37.3%

2. Sammy Watkins 34.4%

3. A.Hawkins 32.1%

4. VJax 31.0%

5. Mike Wallace 30.4

@FO_ScottKacsmar: Lowest rate of Uncatchable targets, 2014 WR

1. Jarvis Landry 15.2%

2. Odell Beckham Jr. 16.2%

3. Roddy White 16.8%

And you'd think a stats doosh like Schopp would have found this and recognized it earlier. Sammy is the real deal, they just need someone to get him the rock. I think when all said and done, Sammy is Julio Jones and Beckham is Desean Jackson. Both great players just different.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.