Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'm pretty psyched about this trade, actually. This myth about RBs being interchangeable is just as dumb as the myth that goalies are as well. The are only interchangeable when you don't have a good one.

I think good RB and goalies are interchangeable but elite ones are rare. You can find 1000 yard rushers and 0.910 goalies anywhere. Getting the 2000 yard back or 0.920 goalie is rare.

I agree. "Good" RBs are a dime a dozen. LeSean McCoy isn't just good, he's filthy.

What he said.

Until the Bills get a QB and Oline, this trade will continue to make no sense to me. Don't give me this Incognito garbage either. The Bills are still two GOOD guards and a mediocre QB away from sniffing the playoffs.

Incognito is a good guard.  He may also be a dbag but that doesn't negate his talent.  EJ's capable of being a mediocre QB this year.  I think with the addition of McCoy, Incognito, and sexy Rexy we're definitely playoff contenders.

I'd be dying to live in Buffalo if I was stuck in Philly.

As much as it pains me to say it, Philly is a better city to do stuff in than Buffalo, other than drive. Traffic here sucks. All the excitment downtown in Buffalo these days about it's turning around? That's been going on here for years and there's a ton of it. I'd like to move back to Buffalo some day, but it'll be for family reasons and not the city itself. It hurts to say that.

I don't even mean the normal stigmas about Buffalo that we all know.  What player is going to be thrilled to be traded to the franchise that has defined NFL futility and irrelevance for the last decade and half?

The team is on the rise--maybe even (I hope not) peaking.  It was one game worse than the Eagles last year and it has made the two biggest offseason splashes so far.  The only thing it's missing is a quarterback.  I can't think it's the quality of the team that concerns him; maybe it's the small market.

As much as it pains me to say it, Philly is a better city to do stuff in than Buffalo, other than drive. Traffic here sucks. All the excitment downtown in Buffalo these days about it's turning around? That's been going on here for years and there's a ton of it. I'd like to move back to Buffalo some day, but it'll be for family reasons and not the city itself. It hurts to say that.

Yeah, like this.  NFL players and NHL players are very different.  I think NFLers have a lot more love for glitz and glamour.  And most NFLers don't care about being close to Canada, while many NHLers do.

Edited by Eleven

I have family in Philly and always have a good time whenever I visit.  I'm just personally less suited to city life, so Buffalo is more my speed.  And I love the cold.

It really depends on how much they gave up for him -- although he has a $4.75MM cap hit, so it further reduces their ability to sign FAs this summer.

I wonder who's really calling the shots on these trades.  I would imagine that neither of them would've occurred without Rex's approval.

...you have got to be kidding me. This is our answer? Jesus H. Christ.

Why does he automatically have to be "our answer?" A team without a clear starter at QB is picking up a veteran with starting experience and had some success in the NFL.

As far as the trade, if the headline was McCoy trade to AFC East 99% of the reactions without knowing the team who be "F'n Patriots!" This, IMO, is like the Kane trade. A level of a deal I would have not thought possible a year or two ago. This Bills just added the #3 rusher (yards) in the NFL to one of the League's best defenses. This is exciting stuff. The Bills should be applauded for this move.

Bills trade for Matt Cassel for an undisclosed pick

Good.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign a free agent QB as well (Locker perhaps) then part ways with EJ.  There won't be anyone available who doesn't have flaws.  We have to look for servicable QBs then run the ball 600+ times this season.

Good.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills sign a free agent QB as well (Locker perhaps) then part ways with EJ.  There won't be anyone available who doesn't have flaws.  We have to look for servicable QBs then run the ball 600+ times this season.

There is no reason to part ways with a first round pick--at that position--from just two years ago.

Edited by Eleven

Signing locker, who's definitely a washout, and releasing EJ who's *probably* a washout is really dumb.

I like Matt Cassel because he comes from a loyal family.  Good Stark men.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.