Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Who cares--he's not a Buffalo Bill!  This should be a day of celebration, not questioning.

right on--buffalo is better off struggling with a real prospect(not EJ) vs being the predictable 8-8 or 9-7 with a horribly frustrating journeyman.

and don't anyone mention Jay looksandactsandperformslikehesonheavydrugs Cutler. I would give it 4-5 weeks before that turned into a disaster.

I'm sorry but this is an awesome deal. I get the running backs aren't as valued anymore and McCoy has been heavily used at 26... But we have Preston Brown, Nigel Bradham, Mario Williams and, I assume, Jerry Hughes. Could bring back Spikes or bring in David Harris for depth.

You just acquired possibly the best running back in the game for a guy that didn't play a snap last year in one of the league's best defenses. I think we'll be okay.

Jason LaConfora, who basically hates Buffalo (always said they would be going to LA any chance he got), says that Kiko asked out of Buffalo.

I'm sorry but this is an awesome deal.

I'm sorry, it's not. As someone who followed McCoy close last season, he's shot. He was garbage.

RB might be the lowest value position in the NFL and we traded away one of our brightest for a guy who might have A season left in the tank.

Edited by Inkoslav Manilov

I'm sorry but this is an awesome deal. I get the running backs aren't as valued anymore and McCoy has been heavily used at 26... But we have Preston Brown, Nigel Bradham, Mario Williams and, I assume, Jerry Hughes. Could bring back Spikes or bring in David Harris for depth.

You just acquired possibly the best running back in the game for a guy that didn't play a snap last year in one of the league's best defenses. I think we'll be okay.

Jason LaConfora, who basically hates Buffalo (always said they would be going to LA any chance he got), says that Kiko asked out of Buffalo.

Completely agree. Also would not be surprised to see Spiller sign with Eagles. Edited by tom webster

I love how a 26-year-old is done... He's still one of the best in the league.

The falling of Nick Foles probably didn't help him in the receiving game (and I do admit that McCoy's lack of elite production probably hurt Foles, too).

He'll take a lot of pressure off of our quarterback. Defenses will key on him, but they did last year and he still put up 1300 yards and over 4 yards a carry. He can still break it loose and create problems all over the field. This is a game-changer for our offense. And we just traded a guy that didn't play a snap last year in one of the best defenses to make it happen.

Totally agree. Kiko came in to buffalo and became a legend. But the D was dominant without him and our running game was nonexistent. My first reaction was anger and disbelief but now I think it's a very good move

I'm sorry, it's not. As someone who followed McCoy close last season, he's shot. He was garbage.

RB might be the lowest value position in the NFL and we traded away one of our brightest for a guy who might have A season left in the tank.

Sorry, personally feel Kiko is very overrated. Was awesome for about 6 weeks and coming back from his second major knee injury.

Didn't watch much of the Iggles, but just on principle not happy w/ trading a good young LB for a RB w/ some serious mileage on him.  

Somebody on Scott's football board posted that LaCanfora said Kiko asked for the trade.  If that's the case, it isn't as bad, but still not happy w/ it.  [Edit: Looks like Tank posted the LaCanfora here as well.]

Edited by Taro T

How does Kiko not playing a snap last year make this a better trade?  The Bills have had a terrible LB corp for years and they were finally building great depth.  Look at San Fran, look at Seattle, they're not dumping LBs off of their rosters.  Just because we were good last year doesn't mean Kiko is somehow not the great player he is.

Sorry, personally feel Kiko is very overrated. Was awesome for about 6 weeks and coming back from his second major knee injury.

This is personal. McCoy cost me big time in fantasy. I can't let that go.

only bills fans would complain about trading away a LB who had a good first half of a rookie season, and is coming off his second ACL injury who missed last year for a top 3 RB in his prime

He'll be fine but I'll hate him until I go to my grave. Totally me last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.