Grigorenko called up

Hoss

Well we have the ennis - girgensons - moulson line. I guess just give him mitchell's spot and let him center flynn and gionta who have been playing good lately? I'd prefer a gionta - grigs - stafford line and then let foligno center delauriers and flynn.

Logical thought.

Maybe their bringing him up to get hodgson going. Wasn't there some chemistry in the preseason with them?

There seemed to be. Do you recall who was their other winger?

This basically sounds like Murray changing course. He knows he doesn't have talented expiring players to give away since none of them are really contributing anyways. He can't ship off Enroth. Nobody is going to pay the price for Myers. So he's going to start infusing the youth into the lineup. Hmmmm.

This basically sounds like Murray changing course. He knows he doesn't have talented expiring players to give away since none of them are really contributing anyways. He can't ship off Enroth. Nobody is going to pay the price for Myers. So he's going to start infusing the youth into the lineup. Hmmmm.

Or we need a forward and they decided to grab Girgorenko before they fly out to Winnipeg tonight.

I hate to say it, and disagree with me if I'm wrong (likely), but management has treated rochester more and more like a developmental team, instead of trying to build a winner in Rochester. The coach is a joke and we skate way to many people not even ahl-quality. They would indeed riot, but it wouldn't surprise me lol

Not for nothing, but isn't that what the Amerks team is?

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Not for nothing, but isn't that what the Amerks team is?

GO BILLS!!!

Depends on who you ask and what organization you look at. I think ticket holders would disagree with you. I think there is a balance that can and should be met. I would rather see vets than longshot prospects like leduc, sundher, and jacobs in the lineup

Depends on who you ask and what organization you look at. I think ticket holders would disagree with you. I think there is a balance that can and should be met. I would rather see vets than longshot prospects like leduc, sundher, and jacobs in the lineup

I can understand wanting the team stocked with vets. But is there an expectation by ticket holders that the Sabres aren't trying to develop their better young talent and that they'll stay in Rochester? That sounds like a recipe for disappointment.

GO SABRES!!!

They could have called up just about anyone; I agree with Tank that the choice is interesting and may signal some changes to "the plan".

Murray could very well be saying "f*&k it, let's see if we can kick this up a notch". Maybe he has decided that he really is unsure of what he has to work with here - and let's face it, I don't think anyone expected to see this kind of a trend with this organization (players and coaches). All he has to do is build a team that will contend and in the shortest amount of time possible.

They need a forward. Girgorenko is probably one of the best options from Rochester. Murray is unsure of Grigorenko's ability to play in the NHL. It's a win for everyone because he gets a game and Murray can evaluate him. I expect him back in Rochester by Saturday though.

Logical thought.

There seemed to be. Do you recall who was their other winger?

I think it was Staff.

the choice is interesting and may signal some changes to "the plan".

I think this may have been "the plan" all along for Grigorenko. Give him some time in the AHL to learn at that level. I think this may be why he was sent down at the beginning of the season. They kept Reinhardt up because they wanted him to see how fast the NHL game is so he knew what he needs in his development. He sent Grigs down to get him a some polish on his game and knew the Sabres would be a trainwreck early on. Samson's 9 games are all used up but Grigs still has all his. If Mitchell actually has a broken bone in his foot, this handful of games may be Mikhail's tryout to see if he's ready for the big team.

And as stated below,

I think Murray wants to get Grigorenko on an NHL squad that actually has it's ###### together. Give him a taste of Ted Nolan hockey.

GMTM didn't want to bring Grigs up to a dysfunctional team. Now that there is some positivity in the room, it's a good time to give him a taste.

And yeah I know Rochester is more dysfunctional that the Sabres right now, but there the focus is clearly on development, not on winning. So even if things aren't going good for the team, it's not like it's the end of the world.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

They could have called up just about anyone; I agree with Tank that the choice is interesting and may signal some changes to "the plan".

Murray could very well be saying "f*&k it, let's see if we can kick this up a notch". Maybe he has decided that he really is unsure of what he has to work with here - and let's face it, I don't think anyone expected to see this kind of a trend with this organization (players and coaches). All he has to do is build a team that will contend and in the shortest amount of time possible.

I am with Liger. You guys are reading too much into it. Nobody is tearing it up in Rochester. Give the kid a few games if Mitchell is hurt and see how his game has progressed. Mitchell gets healthy you send him back and all is status quo.

i want to call sarcasm on this but.....

Oh yeah.....Liger has Tanks undies all up in a bunch.

Showcase for a trade. He's going to Edmonton.

With Myers, Neuvirth, and St. Louis 1st for ?????. I don't care who the return was I think if Murray did this kind of trade right now the fanbase would want to run him out of town.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.