Grigorenko called up

Hoss

What is the point of trading him now? Who do you get in return? If I am GMTM, I am happy my team is playing well, but I am not deviating much from my original plan. You are still developing players for the future and seeing what you have in your system. At some point you can trade away prospects for veterans, but I am not sacraficing my potential future based upon a successful 13 game sample size. Unless it is a prospect for prospect trade (which is super unlikely since he is a C and these trades rarely happen) he is not going anywhere.

Apparently Grigorenko will be skating between Stafford and Deslauriers.

TM might not specifically be shopping Grigorenko. There could be a larger deal in the works and some other GM asked to see Grigorenko play some NHL minutes while they're out in Western Canada. Doesn't mean a trade is imminent, this type of thing happens all the time in the NHL.

TM might not specifically be shopping Grigorenko. There could be a larger deal in the works and some other GM asked to see Grigorenko play some NHL minutes while they're out in Western Canada. Doesn't mean a trade is imminent, this type of thing happens all the time in the NHL.

Yep. Then we never hear about it so we don't know if there was ever anything to it. The old Eklund rumor strategy. You can't prove it DIDN'T happen.

...or maybe he just got called up because we need a center with the Mitchell injury and he is the next in line? :rolleyes:

Man, the 90s are so awesome.

They were. The music was just great. Music within the last 4-5 years has really come back into form as well, especially in the alternative rock/indie rock realm. It's a fun little renaissance for good tunes.

I remember hanging out in a canvas tent in my backyard listening to 103.3 The FOX/The Edge when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure "Lump" by PUSA was 8 year old me's favorite song. :lol:

They were. The music was just great. Music within the last 4-5 years has really come back into form as well, especially in the alternative rock/indie rock realm. It's a fun little renaissance for good tunes.

I remember hanging out in a canvas tent in my backyard listening to 103.3 The FOX/The Edge when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure "Lump" by PUSA was 8 year old me's favorite song. :lol:

Hahaha I just started a PUSA playlist after listening to that toadies song. Boll Weevil and Lump are the first two songs on it.

:flirt:

:blush: :wub:

But why?

Is it to showcase your touch to other forums?

I am a one forum kind of guy.

He was called up because Stewart is injured. NHL teams have scouts who scout the AHL... if they are interested they aren't calling GMTM asking to see him in the NHL.

I know math is hard but Stewart Mitchell + Injury = Call up

Call up = Girgorenko.

Now solve: And show your dam work you lazy kids.

Edited by LGR4GM

:blush: :wub:

I am a one forum kind of guy.

He was called up because Stewart is injured. NHL teams have scouts who scout the AHL... if they are interested they aren't calling GMTM asking to see him in the NHL.

I know math is hard but Stewart Mitchell + Injury = Call up

Call up = Girgorenko.

Now solve: And show your dam work you lazy kids.

So that means...

Stewart Mitchell + Injury = Grigorenko

Grigorenko is as bad as an injured Stewart Mitchell? We're effed. :bag:

edited for correct math variables.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Maybe.

No maybe. Someone else might be on the block, but not Grigorenko. I would say that, because they have a chance to recall him, they're going to see where he's at, and if he can stay. If he can stay, he'll replace someone else who IS on the block.

I think any GM and coach league-wide knows that trading Grigorenko right now would be a huge mistake. While he's making strides, he's making strides because the organization has provided stability since his SNAFU introduction to North American pro hockey. The dude is believing in himself and the organization - shaking that up on him could set him back.

Not only the above, but he is a Murray type of player: big, engaged, skill. He's the kind of player Murray would take a chance on.

My guess is that they want to see where to concentrate their efforts. How much focus should they put on the active roster versus the prospect pool. Knowing what Grigorenko, and probably Armia, can bring to the NHL roster will help them figure out what to do going forward.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.