Grigorenko called up

Hoss

Showcase for a trade. He's going to Edmonton.

If you get hall, grigorenko is the center you want him playing with.

lets face it up till now Grigorenko is our best shot at a 1C we got for the near future. you don't trade that.

I hope he gets put on a line with hodgson though, they had something going.

lets face it up till now Grigorenko is our best shot at a 1C we got for the near future. you don't trade that.

What if Mac T's asking price was Myers, Grigo, Enroth and the STL 1st for Hall

If you trade Grigs and loose out on McEichle suddenly we are back to square one with no center depth - regardlesd who they draft. Reinhart and draft pick anyone not named McEichle will probably be a few years before they are serviceable.

What if Mac T's asking price was Myers, Grigo, Enroth and the STL 1st for Hall

No way in hell! For reasons stated above.

Edited by sicknfla

Now that is interesting (if unlikely).

I would guess that it is because of Mitchell's injury. I would also guess that Griggy is the Amerk forward most deserving of a callup, which is a good sign.

Saturday night was my first Amerks game this season. Grigo and Larsson were the only two players that impressed me. They looked really good out there.

I think this may have been "the plan" all along for Grigorenko. Give him some time in the AHL to learn at that level. I think this may be why he was sent down at the beginning of the season. They kept Reinhardt up because they wanted him to see how fast the NHL game is so he knew what he needs in his development. He sent Grigs down to get him a some polish on his game and knew the Sabres would be a trainwreck early on. Samson's 9 games are all used up but Grigs still has all his. If Mitchell actually has a broken bone in his foot, this handful of games may be Mikhail's tryout to see if he's ready for the big team.

The 9 games that you refer to indicate the ignition of the players pro contract. Grigorenko is in the third year of his entry level deal because his pro contract was already started by DR back in 2012. It is basically irrelevant now whether he plays 1 game or 20.

I think Murray wants to get Grigorenko on an NHL squad that actually has it's ###### together. Give him a taste of Ted Nolan hockey.

I think Mitchell is injured and Grigorenko is the best forward they have in Rochester right now. The only it may indicate is Murray isn't willing to ###### over his own team by recalling Luke Adam.

If the Liger-Tank Sabres Podcast doesn't become a thing soon, I'm going to be very sad.

lol

The 9 games that you refer to indicate the ignition of the players pro contract. Grigorenko is in the third year of his entry level deal because his pro contract was already started by DR back in 2012. It is basically irrelevant now whether he plays 1 game or 20.

It's been three years already? Hmm. I thought this was two.

It's been three years already? Hmm. I thought this was two.

They burned the 9game thing in his first year.

"Grigorenko is not necessarily on recall yet. The move is more of a precaution because the Sabres play at Winnipeg on Tuesday night."

http://www.democrata...abres/20462023/

Edited by LGR4GM

"Grigorenko is not necessarily on recall yet. The move is more of a precaution because the Sabres play at Winnipeg on Tuesday night."

http://www.democrata...abres/20462023/

Yep, slap him on the plane and don't let him touch the ice unless they need to actually recall him. So he's with the team, but not recalled. No official move.

But the (over?) reaction to this move up to this point has been entertaining.

if the Sabres called up someone from Girgorenko's line in Rochester then they'd still be inhibiting his development, so.. why not just bring him up in case you need him. He gets to be around a group of guys who really have come together as a team... moreso than the Amerks at this point. No downside here.

Showcase for a trade. He's going to Edmonton.

Agreed. Some GM probably wants to see him at the NHL level and Murray feels a trade is likely enough that he called him up.

That said, I expect him to get a regular shift with some top players and power play time.

Actually there was an official move... The team announced it and put Weber on IR to make him fit... Not sure what that article is thinking.

Note that the time of that article is 9:22 pm last night. When did the official announcement come out? Might have not been official at 9:22.

Agreed. Some GM probably wants to see him at the NHL level and Murray feels a trade is likely enough that he called him up.

That said, I expect him to get a regular shift with some top players and power play time.

What is the point of trading him now? Who do you get in return? If I am GMTM, I am happy my team is playing well, but I am not deviating much from my original plan. You are still developing players for the future and seeing what you have in your system. At some point you can trade away prospects for veterans, but I am not sacraficing my potential future based upon a successful 13 game sample size. Unless it is a prospect for prospect trade (which is super unlikely since he is a C and these trades rarely happen) he is not going anywhere.

Note that the time of that article is 9:22 pm last night. When did the official announcement come out? Might have not been official at 9:22.

Ahh. Those posts came this morning which is why is was confused. At that point it was clear that the call up was legitimate.

Actually there was an official move... The team announced it and put Weber on IR to make him fit... Not sure what that article is thinking.

it's an IR emmergency recall in all likelihood and I am guessing he doesn't necessarily get to play but he fills out the 23 man roster. At some point last night the Sabres tweeted it to be official, not sure on the time.

What? That is not at all what this means. This entire board has gone ###### insane over this news. Someone got injured. They needed a 23 forward, Grigorenko is the best AHL has to offer at the moment, he gets the call. End of Story. Bye Bye. So long. See ya later.

Edited by LGR4GM

it's an IR emmergency recall in all likelihood and I am guessing he doesn't necessarily get to play but he fills out the 23 man roster. At some point last night the Sabres tweeted it to be official, not sure on the time.

What? That is not at all what this means. This entire board has gone ###### insane over this news. Someone got injured. They needed a 23 forward, Grigorenko is the best AHL has to offer at the moment, he gets the call. End of Story. Bye Bye. So long. See ya later.

He is playing tonight....

I see the board speculating, and you going ###### insane over... that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.