Grigorenko called up

Hoss

I'd hate to give up on a talent like Hodgson at his age, but his unwillingness to play defense, lack of production this year, and the joke of a contract make it a tough call. If he is trying to play his way off the team, he is well on his way to his wish.

Losing Hodgson, Stafford, Stewart, and Myers(despite the love professed for him on SS) off the team either now or in the offseason wouldn't bother me at all.

PS Hodgson is a reminder to all those who have their pants around their ankles when looking at the prospect list, that the majority of them WILL NOT amount to anything regardless of their draft position and/or amateur numbers.

I actually don't make too much of Hodgson's benching yesterday. As a coach, you want to hold someone on that shift responsible for the short-handed goal.

The guy that really got caught flat-footed was Ristolainen at point, but Nolan didn't have the bench to sit him. Easy call........bench Hodgson. Everyone gets the message. Tough break Hodgy.....you're in a place were the coach can make a message out of you.

I actually don't make too much of Hodgson's benching yesterday. As a coach, you want to hold someone on that shift responsible for the short-handed goal.

The guy that really got caught flat-footed was Ristolainen at point, but Nolan didn't have the bench to sit him. Easy call........bench Hodgson. Everyone gets the message. Tough break Hodgy.....you're in a place were the coach can make a message out of you.

Good stuff. I too noticed Risto misplaying that one at the blue line. He and Nikita looked like rookies last night -- and the Jets' speed and execution on the 2-on-1s made them pay.

Hodgson tried to dangle through Frolik just inside the blue line and gave the puck away. That's a no-no. The only thing I'll say in Hodgson's defense is that he looked to be skating as hard as he could to catch Frolik after he turned it over.... which just ain't gonna happen. Hodgson doesn't have great speed, while Frolik is one of the faster skaters in the league.

I would've liked to Ristolainen step up and take the body inside the blue-line, instead he backs off and tries to play the puck. He'll learn. Hodgson... well, he's a give-away machine at this point and I don't see that going away.

Edited by pi2000

Hodgson tried to dangle through Frolik just inside the blue line and gave the puck away. That's a no-no. The only thing I'll say in Hodgson's defense is that he looked to be skating as hard as he could to catch Frolik after he turned it over.... which just ain't gonna happen. Hodgson doesn't have great speed, while Frolik is one of the faster skaters in the league.

I would've liked to Ristolainen step up and take the body inside the blue-line, instead he backs off and tries to play the puck. He'll learn. Hodgson... well, he's a give-away machine at this point and I don't see that going away.

If you could call Hodgson for a mistake on that play, it was most likely that Hodgson chased the puck to the wall, when he should have stayed put, which confused Risto.

So guess who may be playing in Buffalo on Saturday? Nolan on Howard Simon this morning said that he will be speaking the TMGM this morning about getting Grigo back for the Colorado game Saturday.

I think most people assumed this would be the case.

THURSDAY’S PRACTICE

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis

21 Drew Stafford – 65 Brian Flynn – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 82 Marcus Foligno – 36 Patrick Kaleta

19 Cody Hodgson – 80 Chris Stewart <-----

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers

51 Nikita Zadorov – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

61 Andre Benoit – 41 Andrej Meszaros

1 Jhonas Enroth

34 Michal Neuvirth

Well i hope they call grigs back up and slot him in between coho and stewart, they had something going and i want their trade value to go up :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.