Grigorenko called up

Hoss

Amerks fans would riot :lol:

I hate to say it, and disagree with me if I'm wrong (likely), but management has treated rochester more and more like a developmental team, instead of trying to build a winner in Rochester. The coach is a joke and we skate way to many people not even ahl-quality. They would indeed riot, but it wouldn't surprise me lol

With players like grigs and company having to pass through waivers next year (essentially being nhl bound), it is smart to get them NHL games throughout this season. I don't think stability is a big thing in this situation. Bid difference between getting no nhl time and then being shipped off to the q, and being switched between the ahl and nhl.

With players like grigs and company having to pass through waivers next year (essentially being nhl bound), it is smart to get them NHL games throughout this season. I don't think stability is a big thing in this situation. Bid difference between getting no nhl time and then being shipped off to the q, and being switched between the ahl and nhl.

This is a very good point.

I don't know....I don't think I like this, as others have said, bring up someone that is a bit older....not because it would be better for the Sabres now, but to keep Grigorenko in Rochester.

Is he playing so well that he is forcing the move?

The more and more I think about it, I like the Detroit way of handling prospects. Give them a couple YEARS of developement in the NHL. Maybe some higher picks don't need that much time, but it doesn't looke like it hurts them. Is there any player in the NHL that has spent a few years in the minors where everyone said "they was WAY too much time in the AHL?"

Interesting indeed.

So what wingers are they going to give him? He SHOULD be centering a 2nd line; not sure that they've got a 2nd line.

Well we have the ennis - girgensons - moulson line. I guess just give him mitchell's spot and let him center flynn and gionta who have been playing good lately? I'd prefer a gionta - grigs - stafford line and then let foligno center delauriers and flynn.

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

I don't know....I don't think I like this, as others have said, bring up someone that is a bit older....not because it would be better for the Sabres now, but to keep Grigorenko in Rochester.

Is he playing so well that he is forcing the move?

The more and more I think about it, I like the Detroit way of handling prospects. Give them a couple YEARS of developement in the NHL. Maybe some higher picks don't need that much time, but it doesn't looke like it hurts them. Is there any player in the NHL that has spent a few years in the minors where everyone said "they was WAY too much time in the AHL?"

I dunno, but Grigo was drafted in 2012, and next season is the 2015 season, so I think i'm cool with him being full time by then provided he has earned it. And I will be worried if he hasn't by then.

Not sure how to feel about this call up.

Interesting indeed.

So what wingers are they going to give him? He SHOULD be centering a 2nd line; not sure that they've got a 2nd line.

Maybe their bringing him up to get hodgson going. Wasn't there some chemistry in the preseason with them?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.