GDT: 12/4/2014, Buffalo @ Tampa Bay: 7:30pm MSG

LGR4GM

Watching the game with my 19 yo daughter and during the 2nd intermission she asks who that guy (Bad May) is. I was showing her the May day video on youtube, when some dust must've gotten in my eye. I can't wait for this team to be good again.

He is a lousy defensmen. Toughness is great. But, toughness and the ability to effectively play the position is a whole lot better.

For the eight thousandth time, he a third pairing defenseman. He needs to play 12-16 minutes a night with a puck moving dman anything else you are doing a disservice to your team and him.

Brian Koziol going off on the "clown show" in the third. Good for him. Bread and circuses. Right, Swamp?

No way. Not this time. It's been a long time since we've come out on the right side of these things. As soon as we didn't get that 5 on 3 the first PP I knew it was Tampa's night. Losing is fine, but losing and being humiliated is another thing.

This is a change of culture season. This was a change of culture game.

What's funny is that I am more hopeful about the future of this Sabres team after a loss to Tampa tonight, than I was after a win over this same Tampa team on Tuesday.

We may have lost the game, but I'm happy in how they stood up for one another. The Sabres didn't start 2 of the 3 scrums so calling it a clown show is complete BS.

I especially loved to see Zadorov immediately going after Hedman and Girgs taking out his frustration on that Tampa guy. Hedman was a wuss to say the least, he wasn't willing to fight both times he was challenged, and by guys either not as tall and/or old as him. Especially seeing as he brought the Zadorov part on himself.

Granted, I still have to say that last attempt by Myers and Girgs to break the shutout was commendable, it really seems as if Myers is a changed man.

Hedman told Deslauriers that he had a broken finger, and that's why he didn't want to fight.

Boo freakin hoo.

Kaleta has a damn broken face and threw a punch.

Screw him, if he didn't want to get hurt he shouldn't have gotten involved. If every hockey player can use that as an excuse.............

For the eight thousandth time, he a third pairing defenseman. He needs to play 12-16 minutes a night with a puck moving dman anything else you are doing a disservice to your team and him.

I know exactly what Weber is. Tough as nails, but by far our worst passing defenseman. And, he is prone to mistakes as we saw tonight. I truly believe he wouldn't crack the top-6 on a good team. He does a petty good job on the penalty kill though, I'll give him that. ;)

(Weber was a -3 tonight and his partner Strachan was a -4)

On that note, we only have one guy who looks like he can be a top-end puck moving defenseman by my (rather high) standards and that is Risto.

Victor Hedman is Nick Deslauriers' beotch

No kiddin'. Hedman stands half a head taller than Deslauriers and he was afraid to drop the gloves. What a puzzy.

No way. Not this time. It's been a long time since we've come out on the right side of these things.

This is a change of culture season. This was a change of culture game.

What's funny is that I am more hopeful about the future of this Sabres team after a loss to Tampa tonight, than I was after a win over this same Tampa team on Tuesday.

This. All of it. They can win or they can lose ugly (ugly like tonight). Either way, they get better. I can abide by that.

Hedman told Deslauriers that he had a broken finger, and that's why he didn't want to fight.

Boo freakin hoo.

Kaleta has a damn broken face and threw a punch.

Kaleta's a crazy, valiant bastard. And he can kill penalties to boot.

Nikita Zadorov don't give a ######## he's a man and a defender of teammates. Go job boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.