GDT: 12/4/2014, Buffalo @ Tampa Bay: 7:30pm MSG

LGR4GM

Girgs breaks a hand he can thank Kaleta and McCormick. It all started there.

Can u tell i live in Tampa and who my next favorite team is?

See i don't get people like you, I got one team and one team only, screw all the others.

And this fight is justified, that hit from hedman was way to late. Zemgus got lucky , could have been real bad on the knee.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8uUp8dnsgss

Edited by Heimdall

Listening to the Tampa broadcast referring to the Sabres after the Stamkos at-bat: "Why would you be so quiet for almost 50 minutes of this game then all of a sudden you get a little rambunctious. Think something was told? You can bet on it"

Interesting catching some different camera angles from these fights. Don't know why Callahan didn't get a third man in misconduct for jumping in and swinging at Weber. Deslauriers did manage to get a couple of good punches in that weren't caught on the BFLO feed.

According to their color commentator Bobby Taylor, Stewart, Weber and Zadorov all should have been kicked out for 3rd man ins. The guy's a real homer, even Rick Peckham was getting on his case for being so biased, LOL! Taylor makes Denis Potvin almost sound tolerable.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Well this is on Nolan then. These two should never be together. They are the same player. Playing them together renders both of them useless.

This is the stuff that drives me nuts about Nolan. How could he pair Weber and Strachan together on the road when he doesn't have the last line change?

It just seems so obvious to me that an NHL coach shouldn't do that.

So consecutive shifts with full on scrums, a couple of fights, and a full penalty box, they pan to the bench and we still have McCormick, Kaleta, and Stewart waiting to get involved? Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Hell yes. As stated up thread, message sent, and for real, not the John Scott/golf-club-swinger-guy (sorry...Peters?) side show we've had for the past 10 years.

Oh and May's jacket was serious. Loved it.

See i don't get people like you, I got one team and one team only, screw all the others.

And this fight is justified, that hit from hedman was way to late. Zemgus got lucky , could have been real bad on the knee.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8uUp8dnsgss

I have lived here 18 years now. Could care less what the Bucs do but the Lightning have grown on me. Lucky enough to have been at game 7 when they won the Cup. Have no fear though when I go to a Sabres game instinct takes over and who I cheer for is easy.

So consecutive shifts with full on scrums, a couple of fights, and a full penalty box, they pan to the bench and we still have McCormick, Kaleta, and Stewart waiting to get involved? Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Hell yes. As stated up thread, message sent, and for real, not the John Scott/golf-club-swinger-guy (sorry...Peters?) side show we've had for the past 10 years.

Oh and May's jacket was serious. Loved it.

still not sure how May ended up with my Uncle Chuck's jacket. That thing was his go to from 58 to 79.

Brian Koziol going off on the "clown show" in the third. Good for him. Bread and circuses. Right, Swamp?

I know I answered this last night, but here's why I think this was different. It wasn't the Sabre that initiated any of these dustups. It's not like the worse the score got, the chippier they played because it was all they had left to try. They were still trying to play hockey and score. It was actually the Lightning that got dirtier as the game went on. They not only had the win, but were trying to rub it in a little and the Sabres responded. Screw Tamps and screw Boyle's right cheek.

I can't wait for the next time we play them.

…and I really can't stop laughing about Kaleta's punch.

I know I answered this last night, but here's why I think this was different. It wasn't the Sabre that initiated any of these dustups. It's not like the worse the score got, the chippier they played because it was all they had left to try. They were still trying to play hockey and score. It was actually the Lightning that got dirtier as the game went on. They not only had the win, but were trying to rub it in a little and the Sabres responded. Screw Tamps and screw Boyle's right cheek.

I can't wait for the next time we play them.

This exactly. I hate that Flyer-style hockey when a team gets down so they turn into bullies.

This was a team that fought because they thought their teammates were being cheap shotted.

That's what we need and have been missing for a long time.

PS: was it you who was saying Girgs can't be captain unless he's willing to drop em once in a while?

This exactly. I hate that Flyer-style hockey when a team gets down so they turn into bullies.

This was a team that fought because they thought their teammates were being cheap shotted.

That's what we need and have been missing for a long time.

PS: was it you who was saying Girgs can't be captain unless he's willing to drop em once in a while?

It wasn't me and I'm not sure if I even believe that,... but it sure was nice to see. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.