Cody Hodgson

darksabre

First, coming out of juniors Hodgson was considered a leader on par with Trevor Linden

Second, I never heard Hamilton say Hodgson but he was 100% certain Nolan was going to name Stafford captain

Hamilton wanted Vanek to be captain for a long time. He thought he'd step up his game with the added responsibility. Sabres eventually did make TV the captain but it was a couple months after declaring they were all about "suffering" so who knows?

In addition to Hodgson's leadership potential, he also had one of the most dominant WJCs ever after he was drafted.

Sometimes even the can't-miss prospects miss.

Hamilton wanted Vanek to be captain for a long time. He thought he'd step up his game with the added responsibility. Sabres eventually did make TV the captain but it was a couple months after declaring they were all about "suffering" so who knows?

In addition to Hodgson's leadership potential, he also had one of the most dominant WJCs ever after he was drafted.

Sometimes even the can't-miss prospects miss.

Hodgson didn't miss, he signed a contract for a top-6 player. You don't give that contract to a bust.

/ducks

First, coming out of juniors Hodgson was considered a leader on par with Trevor Linden

Second, I never heard Hamilton say Hodgson but he was 100% certain Nolan was going to name Stafford captain

https://twitter.com/wgr550/status/385021719192145920

Hodgson didn't miss, he signed a contract for a top-6 player. You don't give that contract to a bust.

/ducks

Vancouver came out and said:

1) Hodgson is a robot controlled by his dad

2) He spat in the face of the org by not going to camp and using private doctors, then claiming foul on Vancouver

3) They protected him with offensive zone starts and cushy offensive opps to get him out of town

We then get a GQ of Hodgson in a pink polo with hair gel on a tractor, talking about never drinking alcohol and playing mini-sticks....

Darcy hands over close to $30 million......

Great, now i need to go back to the Bills thread

#OneBuffalo

2) He spat in the face of the org by not going to camp and using private doctors, then claiming foul on Vancouver

3) They protected him with offensive zone starts and cushy offensive opps to get him out of town

We then get a GQ of Hodgson in a pink polo with hair gel on a tractor, talking about never drinking alcohol and playing mini-sticks....

#OneBuffalo

To be fair to Hamilton that link looks like he thought Hodhson was going to be named captain, not that he thought he should be

#OneBuffalo

Not that I really want to rehash this, but in fairness to #2, his private doctors were right and the team was wrong. Kid might not even be physically capable of hockey at this point if he had listened to the team.

Not that I really want to rehash this, but in fairness to #2, his private doctors were right and the team was wrong. Kid might not even be physically capable of hockey at this point if he had listened to the team.

some would argue he's currently physically unable to play hockey

I'm all in favor of making him go away but I can't help thinking he's more a symptom than a problem.

I'm with ink on this, Hodgson will never carry a team, but on a good team he would make a good piece.

except well, his defense still sucks so hard, and if he isn't putting up points then he is really useless.

I'm with ink on this, Hodgson will never carry a team, but on a good team he would make a good piece.

except well, his defense still sucks so hard, and if he isn't putting up points then he is really useless.

I'd like to see what he could do with a season of having Reinhart, Grigerenko or our 2015 pick as his center.

https://twitter.com/...021719192145920

#OneBuffalo

Aren't you like the #1 skeptic of team doctors and anti-advanced stats? This post has me in an existential crisis.

Aren't you like the #1 skeptic of team doctors and anti-advanced stats? This post has me in an existential crisis.

It's the main focus of martial arts. Take the non-proper distribution of energy from the enemy and use it against themselves.........

Hodgson had more red flags flying than an all-female army trying to surrender.....

Bottom line, Hodson was due $23 million more than Kassian last time I looked......

It's the main focus of martial arts. Take the non-proper distribution of energy from the enemy and use it against themselves.........

Hodgson had more red flags flying than an all-female army trying to surrender.....

Bottom line, Hodson was due $23 million more than Kassian last time I looked......

Oh, I think they're going to buy him out in june for $7M, for sure. The deal was terrible.

I'm just confused why you're using team docs and advanced stats to justify the badness of the trade.

If we're going to revisit the trade, Drane, there's already a great thread for that. But if you want to do it here, remember this: the Sabres, at the time (and to this day) had a surfeit of wingers who could hit but not score. They had a deficit of centers. It was a necessary move because Darcy had no centers on the team. Same reason the team had to burn a season on Girgorenko.

Oh, I think they're going to buy him out in june for $7M, for sure. The deal was terrible.

I'm just confused why you're using team docs and advanced stats to justify the badness of the trade.

Because it was all public ahead of time and after the fact. Vancouver gloated that they stuck him on the Sabres knowing he was worthless on defense.

The docs were more a product of Cody handing his life over to daddy.

By the way, the thread I started on the most interesting storyline of Ted Nolan taking over the team would be the future of Hodgson. Between daddy giving the order to "Get those F'n Indians out of my park", and Hodgson's lackluster "passion", it isn't a surprise we are here.

It is what it is now....I'm pretty sure me and Freeman's Bills/Sabres playoff bet won't be answered until 25% of this board has died.

Because it was all public ahead of time and after the fact. Vancouver gloated that they stuck him on the Sabres knowing he was worthless on defense.

The docs were more a product of Cody handing his life over to daddy.

By the way, the thread I started on the most interesting storyline of Ted Nolan taking over the team would be the future of Hodgson. Between daddy giving the order to "Get those F'n Indians out of my park", and Hodgson's lackluster "passion", it isn't a surprise we are here.

It is what it is now....I'm pretty sure me and Freeman's Bills/Sabres playoff bet won't be answered until 25% of this board has died.

I'm honestly afraid that this might be a salient point, and it makes me sad.

I was running an errand during the game Saturday night and on SiriusXM they had the NYC radio coverage. They described CoHo as "the empty shell of what the Sabres hoped he might be" and pointed out how easy it was to take the puck away from him.