Cody Hodgson

darksabre

Ooh boy, they are all over Zach again on Vancouver radio today: trade him while he still has some value.

Perimeter player in a power forward body. No focus. Desjardins and Benning don't trust him.

I think I made a post when the trade went down along the lines of it could turn out to be Taylor Pyatt for Tim Connolly, two hyped players who ultimately wouldn't make a difference. Looks more like Erik Rasmussen for Marek Zagrapan at this point.

I can't believe the latest attempt to jumpstart Hodgson is Phil freaking Varone. Murray must curse Darcy's name on a daily basis for that contract.

Ooh boy, they are all over Zach again on Vancouver radio today: trade him while he still has some value.

Perimeter player in a power forward body. No focus. Desjardins and Benning don't trust him.

I think I made a post when the trade went down along the lines of it could turn out to be Taylor Pyatt for Tim Connolly, two hyped players who ultimately wouldn't make a difference. Looks more like Erik Rasmussen for Marek Zagrapan at this point.

I can't believe the latest attempt to jumpstart Hodgson is Phil freaking Varone. Murray must curse Darcy's name on a daily basis for that contract.

You think they would take Hodgson back? We can throw in Stafford.

Just to be fair...

tumblr_ngnkwqUZvi1qm6joao1_400.jpg

Which is worse, the kitten or the scarf? I'm going with the scarf.

You think they would take Hodgson back? We can throw in Stafford.

Which is worse, the kitten or the scarf? I'm going with the scarf.

It is a Canucks scarf, so I can't really fault it. I have a very similar Bills one.

even the kitten is looking at the scarf like, "dude... WTF?"

The biggest red flag with Kassian was that he never tried chicken wings in Buffalo.

In a relevant bit, Murray may want to come down on the price for Stewart if Kassian is available. Boston needs cap space and Kassian pretty much is the same player for almost $3 million less.

Ever since Hodgson arrived in town, the Sabres have been/become a bottom feeder. Hodgson is a "me too" type player. When things are going well, he plays but when things go badly, he disappears. He needs linemates who motivate him. He just kind of floats. Kind of reminds me of the old Dale McCourt. Here's a guy who has a hockey name, it sounds good on the broadcast but he can't for some reason, he can't put it together.

I think Hodgson would do well if he were traded to the Leafs and put on a line with Kessel. But I don't think he does well with our pedestrian players, and that's what we have...just a bunch of run of the mill journeymen, rookies and a few fading stars thrown in.

One quick thing Hodgson can do to try to improve: Change #19. Ever since Steve Atkinson, #19 has been the number of slackers and ne'er do-wells on this franchise. Change it Hodgson, the number 19 on the Sabres is cursed.

Another thing I've wanted to say, despite all the optimism about "GMTM", he has shown me NOTHING.

Edited by 716

Ever since Hodgson arrived in town, the Sabres have been/become a bottom feeder. Hodgson is a "me too" type player. When things are going well, he plays but when things go badly, he disappears. He needs linemates who motivate him. He just kind of floats. Kind of reminds me of the old Dale McCourt. Here's a guy who has a hockey name, it sounds good on the broadcast but he can't for some reason, he can't put it together.

I think Hodgson would do well if he were traded to the Leafs and put on a line with Kessel. But I don't think he does well with our pedestrian players, and that's what we have...just a bunch of run of the mill journeymen, rookies and a few fading stars thrown in.

One quick thing Hodgson can do to try to improve: Change #19. Ever since Steve Atkinson, #19 has been the number of slackers and ne'er do-wells on this franchise. Change it Hodgson, the number 19 on the Sabres is cursed.

Another thing I've wanted to say, despite all the optimism about "GMTM", he has shown me NOTHING.

If Hodgson only plays well when his team plays well and he disappears when his team is struggling then why did he lead the Sabres in points last year despite missing 10 games when the Sabres were the worst team in the league by a long shot?

Right now, Hodgson isn't producing offense and he has never played solid defense. That's enough to be frustrated with. No reason to invent an additional narrative based on misinformation to not like him.

If Hodgson only plays well when his team plays well and he disappears when his team is struggling then why did he lead the Sabres in points last year despite missing 10 games when the Sabres were the worst team in the league by a long shot?

Right now, Hodgson isn't producing offense and he has never played solid defense. That's enough to be frustrated with. No reason to invent an additional narrative based on misinformation to not like him.

I want to like Hodgson, but imo he is worn down with all the losing.

I know! Has he even dressed for a game yet? Useless.