[OT] Halloween Costumes

Weave

Surely a few of you hit Halloween parties, right? What/who are going as?

We will be at a party next Saturday. We hit the thrift stores last weekend to shop for our digs. I'll be dressed as Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. Think "sh!tter's full" scene. Too small bathrobe, trappers hat, and black loafers. My wife bought a too big prom dress and is going to be a pregnant prom queen. My 17 yr old son is horrified by her choice, too many of the girls in his school show up on prom night with a baby bump.

So, who's participating?

Last year I was Casey Jones, since I had a bunch of hockey equipment laying around, including the old-school mask. It's my easy go-to. Or a pin up girl because it's really simple to throw together last minute. I have way too many vintage-y looking dresses.

This year I'm going to attempt being a crafty person (I am not at all) and be a crow. Why a crow? Again, kinda simple, just all black with a black wig and such and then the wings. I'm making them out of felt, will have loops that will attach to my wrists/arms. I'll cut it so there's feathers and a tail, and then I'll paint the delineations on.

Kinda like this but a crow. I saw it said, hey that's kinda cool and not typical girl halloween costume, and I could paint it easy. 63ROSfQ.jpg

Costume party at work, I'm sure I'll be the lamest there. My coworkers sometimes go all out. Sometimes.

Also.... Any excuse to embarrass d4rk. This is an example of our last minute costumes. Pin up and washed up hockey hack. That's a wig on him I swear. eZ4d8wh.jpg

Is there a cut off when people stop wearing costumes? I stopped 20 years ago but I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. I think when you have kids is an ideal time.

Hadn't worn a costume since undergrad (and then usually went as a concept). 1st or 2nd time I took the kids through the neighborhood dressed up for 1 last time - that time as a Sabre. Probably the last time for that ever.

Is there a cut off when people stop wearing costumes? I stopped 20 years ago but I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. I think when you have kids is an ideal time.

I haven't put on a costume since that silly ass tuxedo on my wedding day. Last year we went to the same party and we were the only ones not in costume. It was a helluva party so, when in Rome........

Ah, Josie is the first intrepid soul to post pics.

My wife begged me to not go as Cousin Eddie. She says I am going to embarass her. LOL

I did a cousin Eddie montage costume a few years ago. I did the white sweater with green dickie and white dress shoes. I also carried around a six pack of cheap beer to pay homage to the original Vacation. I asked others if they could use a beer, if they said yes I handed them the one I was drinking out of and opened a new one for myself.

I'm not sure when wearing a costume should stop, but as someone in their mid-50's, I am thankful that I stopped getting invited to Halloween parties about 15-20 years ago. :ph34r:

Last year I was Casey Jones, since I had a bunch of hockey equipment laying around, including the old-school mask. It's my easy go-to. Or a pin up girl because it's really simple to throw together last minute. I have way too many vintage-y looking dresses.

This year I'm going to attempt being a crafty person (I am not at all) and be a crow. Why a crow? Again, kinda simple, just all black with a black wig and such and then the wings. I'm making them out of felt, will have loops that will attach to my wrists/arms. I'll cut it so there's feathers and a tail, and then I'll paint the delineations on.

Kinda like this but a crow. I saw it said, hey that's kinda cool and not typical girl halloween costume, and I could paint it easy. 63ROSfQ.jpg

Costume party at work, I'm sure I'll be the lamest there. My coworkers sometimes go all out. Sometimes.

Also.... Any excuse to embarrass d4rk. This is an example of our last minute costumes. Pin up and washed up hockey hack. That's a wig on him I swear. eZ4d8wh.jpg

Arrrrrrr, d4rk looks downright scurvy. Could use some Vitamin C! Look like Vitamin D is not a problem. Heyoooo.

Arrrrrrr, d4rk looks downright scurvy. Could use some Vitamin C! Look like Vitamin D is not a problem. Heyoooo.

:lol:

I will say I miss getting into Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and I've had no time for it recently. This year it's actually on a weekend and I have no time. Being an adult is stupid.

I think this fits best here (although I considered the Awesome thread) -- the reviews are pure gold:

http://www.amazon.co...img_top?ie=UTF8

I ordered one right now.

Will send it by Express to TrueBlue.

I demand pics of him in it. I assume our TrueBlue is a male of the species.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.