GDT: Florida at Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

It's like he's making sure the only thing Sabre's fans have to cheer for IS the tank.

Reasons not to follow through:

Financial Survival of the Franchise : non-issue

Media Sensitive Ownership that will take action based on Local Media furor : non-issue

Fear of reprisal from the league for intentionally losing : non-issue with the signings, and Bettman sitting in the arena and flat out saying that no one is intentionally being bad this year

Fear of the permanent loss of fans : non-issue, see "Bills, Buffalo"

There was never a reason, never a reason, for him to do anything other than a full scale dive to McDavid. Even if it fails, we've lost nothing except one year of a middling-at-best finish. Certainly not necessary just 7 years removed from the President's Trophy and 4 Years from a divisional championship.

The brilliance, the pure f'n genius of it is that the FA moves and the Gorges trade actually made the appearance of making the team better. Some saw through it, thought the team would be just as bad, but no one saw the team being worse, a lock for a top 2 pick. And the articles by the bought out players this week, just oozing with how badly they wanted to leave. F'n perfect. They had to go. GMTM had absolutely no choice but to buy out the contract of his best defenseman. I fully expect a new category in to be created by the Nobel Committee purely for Murray. Hell, they might even cancel the entire EGOT awards season and just rename the country "All Hail Tim".

I saw the Foos the last time they were at the F'N Center. I hate the Foos.

I hate to admit it, but GCoE's, and ink's for that matter (since he is who I saw put it in writing in those/these terms) narrative is the only one that makes sense. It's not that I don't want to give credit, or regret my inability to drop the last remaining percentage of fanboi-ism, but it's just that it seems like such an onerous strategy, mainly resting on the backs of the fans.

Yes, once there's a Cup, then all will be well. The city and team's reputation will be restored, indeed, showered with praise. The national media will praise the fans for "toughing it out" and "being patient". I suppose I can live with that once we're there...if we get there.

But for now, this is major surgery without anesthesia.

I saw the Foos the last time they were at the F'N Center. I hate the Foos.

I hate to admit it, but GCoE's, and ink's for that matter (since he is who I saw put it in writing in those/these terms) narrative is the only one that makes sense. It's not that I don't want to give credit, or regret my inability to drop the last remaining percentage of fanboi-ism, but it's just that it seems like such an onerous strategy, mainly resting on the backs of the fans.

Yes, once there's a Cup, then all will be well. The city and team's reputation will be restored, indeed, showered with praise. The national media will praise the fans for "toughing it out" and "being patient". I suppose I can live with that once we're there...if we get there.

Beautiful. Perfect.

I think GMTM looks at it (emotionlessly) the exact same way. This is old school battlefield surgery. We're gonna wanna punch his lights out while he digs in to remove the arrow, but if we take those extra shots of whiskey and bite down hard, we'll make it through, and in the end we'll thank him.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

I think GMTM looks at it (emotionlessly) the exact same way. This is old school battlefield surgery. We're gonna wanna punch his lights out while he digs in to remove the arrow, but if we take those extra shots of whiskey and bite down hard, we'll make it through, and in the end we'll thank him.

So this season is just the plot from Two Mules for Sister Sara?

Both games I have been to, I have been wanting the other team to go up 2-0 so I can feel good about the Sabres scoring...now that's sad.

I have tickets to see them in Anaheim and Los Angeles thinking they would be alittle bit better than last year but let's face it their worse. Murray is a genius this team should finish last and I have a feeling some current players are going to be moved by the deadline.

Down a goal with 4 minutes left... get your 4th line out there coach. They won't be expecting that. :huh:

Didn't get to see game. So when I read the thread, this made me laugh.

So unbelievably amazing. Tim Murray is a ###### genius. From Benoit and Meszaros to Keeping coach who puts the hard working fourth liners in at crunch time. This guy built the perfect team for next year and beyond.

I think it is time to dust off my anti-GMTM club. What if people, this is the real GM and these are his real decisions and this is what he sees as talent? I never saw the rationale for his hire. His resume was thin. He ran Patty out of town as his very first action. Maybe Patty evaluated his decision making prowess as dim.

I think it is time to dust off my anti-GMTM club. What if people, this is the real GM and these are his real decisions and this is what he sees as talent? I never saw the rationale for his hire. His resume was thin. He ran Patty out of town as his very first action. Maybe Patty evaluated his decision making prowess as dim.

This doesn't even remotely make sense.

I think it is time to dust off my anti-GMTM club. What if people, this is the real GM and these are his real decisions and this is what he sees as talent?

I am getting close to ready to go all in on these two sentences. Real close. Edmonton East, we're becoming I fear.

I am getting close to ready to go all in on these two sentences. Real close. Edmonton East, we're becoming I fear.

I just watched Edmonton get shut out by Ryan Miller and the 'nucks. But, how can Edmonton get shut out with back-to-back-to-back #1 overall picks leading up their offense? Tanking guarantees future success I am told.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.