GDT: Florida at Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

In regards to #1: go peruse the prediction threads. There was a sizeable contingent who absolutely did not think we were going to truly suck (as in top-5 pick suck).

I remember some of those threads but if we were still bottom-10 sucking, that would be OK with the same people who are livid right now? Like there's outrage that we aren't going to finish with a #6-10 pick at this pace?

GoDD that's classic!

Well last night was another $300 + loss night at the rink. The atmosphere was that of college level. You could hear people having conversations and not bothering with the game.

And for once, I won't arue about them or complain about them. The Sabres gave no reason to expend any emotion for them. I can't believe the detachment this team is showing.

I's so happy I don't have tonight's game. I felt really bad for Enroth last night. Tyler Myers was horrible on the power play and someone mentioned Risto looked good. Really? Watch the game again and tell me if you truly think that. He looked lost to me and ready for the ride down the 90

No just actively rooting against the sabres, i still think that is more than fair

It doesn't matter what WE think or say - a tank is a tank is a tank. And we've got a full-fledged Tank in progress. I mean, getting shut out, at home,by one of the worst teams in hockey? Zoikes!

If Girgensons response was a sexual encounter.......he eagerly and instinctively brought her into the bedroom and ripped off her panties while in the throws of passionate kissing. He then looked at her and hesitated for 10 seconds while volunteering the phrase, "just the tip ok?", even though she was ready for anything. Then after 2 half-hearted pumps, his cell phone rang, it was his mom, and he stopped to answer it.

Never leave me again. Ok?

I remember some of those threads but if we were still bottom-10 sucking, that would be OK with the same people who are livid right now? Like there's outrage that we aren't going to finish with a #6-10 pick at this pace?

I think that 6-10 range would result in a significantly more watchable product. Not good, mind you, but it's a statement on how bad the current product is. We're talking a 75 point team versus what may be another 50 pointer. So yes, I think there'd be a good deal less outrage.

I think that 6-10 range would result in a significantly more watchable product. Not good, mind you, but it's a statement on how bad the current product is. We're talking a 75 point team versus what may be another 50 pointer. So yes, I think there'd be a good deal less outrage.

I guess that makes sense, but I don't remember getting a ton of enjoyment out of the seasons leading up to last year's debacle either. It honestly feels like one continuous years-long blur of suckiness more than anything new and worse than 2011-2012 (where we ended up drafting Grigorenko at no.12 overall).

It doesn't matter what WE think or say - a tank is a tank is a tank. And we've got a full-fledged Tank in progress. I mean, getting shut out, at home,by one of the worst teams in hockey? Zoikes!

Problem with this whole tank started one year to late. Like others have said it would have been nice to have a guy like McKinnon or Droiun on this roster. We tanked on a weak draft class and still got the player we wanted. And it's obvious he needs at least another season or two to get stronger and to be more assertive in the play. Reinhart seemed really sound position wise but never really took control of the puck and made something happen. It will come but he needs to develop like the rests of our prospects which is going to take sometime. This 2015 draft is huge for us and a lot of it depends on who drafts #1 and #2. And after watching these first 5 games they look worse than last years squad. Plus what does Murray have in store with some of our current roster players or prospects. I just hope Murray didn't see the players he brought in as solid ones but more to help the tank. Because the only one that looks like is a keeper is Gorges and Moulson(even though he isn't looking so hot right now). Gionta looks washed up and Cody well is Cody not gonna expect much out of him as a 4th liner. Then u throw in Myers trade rumors which I hope he doesn't get moved for more prospects unless it's Mantha. Someone needs to overpay before I move Myers. Then someone said move the 2016 first rounder? Really when you are gonna be hosting the draft. Don't think that's gonna happen.

If Girgensons response was a sexual encounter.......he eagerly and instinctively brought her into the bedroom and ripped off her panties while in the throws of passionate kissing. He then looked at her and hesitated for 10 seconds while volunteering the phrase, "just the tip ok?", even though she was ready for anything. Then after 2 half-hearted pumps, his cell phone rang, it was his mom, and he stopped to answer it.

yes, but what if his response was carnival field trip? ....

The tank was started on time, it just wasn't executed properly. We Kevin Portered ourselves right out of the McKinnon sweepstakes. The gym class heroes ruined the rewards we should have been reaping.

That's true I just thought they could have unloaded some players earlier if this was the game plan. I just think Darcy realized this too late after the players he brought in didn't perform up to their expectations.

So, this is the Stewart Blues fans were happy to get rid of.

I thought this same thing.

Rob ray...what?

Did you also hear Rob Ray saying that Stafford did a nice job and "got that guy's number for later?" Ahahahahaha keep trying Rob.

Speak for yourself, sailor.

/fingersnap

I lorve you, and GoDD.

Stafford is useless, Hodgson is getting there.

I guess that makes sense, but I don't remember getting a ton of enjoyment out of the seasons leading up to last year's debacle either. It honestly feels like one continuous years-long blur of suckiness more than anything new and worse than 2011-2012 (where we ended up drafting Grigorenko at no.12 overall).

I don't disagree. I just think we're in the minority on this.

What is everybody's infatuation with criticizing Rob Ray and his vocabulary? Seriously, there are so many people everywhere that are professional commentators and journalists that talk like middle schoolers and we're gonna pick on Rob Ray?

I'm not subjected to the others for approximately 164 hours per year.

What is everybody's infatuation with criticizing Rob Ray and his vocabulary? Seriously, there are so many people everywhere that are professional commentators and journalists that talk like middle schoolers and we're gonna pick on Rob Ray?

I mean he is on every Sabres broadcast which might explain why people on a Sabres message board nught go at him. He's pretty bad.

I was criticizing Rob Ray for saying Stafford did a nice job addressing the hit by cuddling with the player for a couple of seconds and doing nothing. Rob Ray knows Stafford didn't do a good job. Don't BS us, Rob. On the other hand, I loved hearing him man crush over Deslauriers.

People realize that there was a lockout before the Crosby draft, right?

Also: not too long ago we all had a good discussion on whether or not this team is actually tanking. Are we? I mean they dealt off assets that likely weren't sticking around anyways to acquire future assets and then brought some in this offseason. Is that tanking or just rebuilding?

I say rebuilding and just don't think Nolan is the right coach. These young kids need instruction...not just told to work hard....watch this team in their own end...they have no clue what to do...no breakout plays.....just skating around. That's why they give up 45 shots a game. Just like last time Nolan was here.

There are a number of football announcers that are horrible. I can discuss them here if you'd like.

There are a number of football announcers that are horrible. I can discuss them here if you'd like.

That's their job. They went to school to do that. They're professional announcers. Rob Ray stands down on the ice to give a players' perspective. It's literally apples vs. oranges.

That's their job. They went to school to do that. They're professional announcers. Rob Ray stands down on the ice to give a players' perspective. It's literally apples vs. oranges.

You're the one that brought up "professional" announcing. I'm pretty sure he's getting paid very well to do it, anyways, which would make him a professional.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.