GDT: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30pm

WildCard

Sabres head into Chicago tonight, puck drops at 8:30 pm eastern time. Sabres are coming off the disappointing home loss 1-3 to the Blue Jackets; Chicago heads into the contest with a 1-0 record, beating the Stars 3-2 in a SO on Thursday with a nice goal from Kane in the SO.

I don't have links to interviews or line combos, but it's almost 11 am where I am, and I'm heading to work so I made the thread for something to do during work. So have at it!

This game will expose Nolan's "I don't believe in systems" philosophy. The Hawks will generate speed through the neutral zone and gain advantage in the o zone to begin their cycle. If the Sabres stand around and don't pressure the puck it will be a very long night. A scheme to pressure the first outlet pass and trap in the nz is a must.

This game will expose Nolan's "I don't believe in systems" philosophy. The Hawks will generate speed through the neutral zone and gain advantage in the o zone to begin their cycle. If the Sabres stand around and don't pressure the puck it will be a very long night. A scheme to pressure the first outlet pass and trap in the nz is a must.

With a talent discrepancy this large, I don't think system, or lack thereof, will mean anything at all.

I think Chicago will dominate all game, but a couple weird bounces and lucky breaks will keep the Sabres in it. A late empty net goal for the Hawks makes it 5-3.

This team will score 3 or more goals 8-12 times this year at best. Tonight will not be one of them. 5-1 Hawks. Tough task for any team going in there on opening night. Could be real ugly.

Hopefully Teddy's eyes, heart, and soul will move him to address such issues.

So we know Reinhart is now between Stewart and Foligno, with Zemgus between Hodgson and Gionta, right? Any other lineup changes?

Good move, but a head scratcher as to why it wasn't this way for the opener. I'd also like to see Deslauriers eventually get a shot in the top 9 in place of Foligno. IMO, he has more offensive upside, yet still provides the physical element.

Interview with Patrick Kane. Sounds like coming to the Sabres next season was never a serious possibility.

Was there anything to all the Internet chatter about Kane possibly looking at Buffalo next season after the expiration of his contract? Not really. Kane and Jonathan Toews both signed eight-year, $84-million extensions over the summer that kick in next year. End of story. Sorry, Twitter.

"This city has been unbelievable to me," Kane said. "The fans, the organization, the city in general have stood behind me in good times and bad. I've seen a lot of loyalty from the city of Chicago. It was a pretty easy decision to stay here. If you have a chance to play in this city that long, you'd be stupid not to take it. At the same time, you wish Buffalo all the best. You always keep your eye on them and wish them the best

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2014/10/11/kane/

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.