Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

It's just not going to happen. Might take Myers, Grigorenko and then something.

I'd still do that. Throw them a few of our seconds.

I would be happy we either or those trades.

Myers, Grigorenko, one of our late first and a second might get Mantha. I wanted Mantha. Thought he was one of the top prospects in his class (ahead of Zadorov).

Too bad Regier and Devine did not feel the same way.

And if we are trading all that, I would want Babcock too. :w00t:

Edited by BRAWNDO

I'd still do it. He's putting up insane numbers in juniors, he's got great size and he's a winger which we desperately need. Have Detroit send a veteran back with your package above Tank and I'd pull the trigger. I'd give them a conditional 2015 first, condition being whichever pick is lower

Edited by WildCard

Myers looked like the very picture of a goat last night against 5'10 Jaden Schwartz. Now why would any team, especially one as smart as the Red Wings, want to trade a prize prospect who tore up the QMHL for a fragile minded non-entity 6'8 gentle giant who rates about a 9 with the hockey IQ?

The already-in-the-organization core, IMO, is Girgensons, Ristolainen, and Reinhart. Zadorov is no.4 and Nichushkin would be no.5, following by Grigorenko. Plus a top-3 pick in 2015 immediately becomes the top guy in our core.

I also think the "Russian factor" is significantly mitigated when you're talking about guys that came here as teenagers to play even before they were drafted (or in Nichushkin's case, right after). When you hear Grigorenko speak now, his accent is pretty mild. Compare that to Afinogenov who didn't show up in North American until he was ~20 and didn't speak English for a long time.

And, of course, at the end of the day, you just want the most talented team.

I think one could also argue that having a small group of Russians could be a good thing, especially a group like this that all came over early. They could very easily feel much more comfortable having a couple similar guys around as they're adjusting. I think the positives of that are just as likely as the concerns mentioned earlier.

I wouldn't need much more than Larkin.

Then trade someone else for defense.

What have you seen of him? I can't comment on him much to have a strong enough take on it. The Russian in Dallas? Yes I would but I have said previously they wouldn't but then who knows if we throw something else into it. But can you tell me why you are opposite many on here saying he wouldn't be enough? Of course seeing Tyler play you can argue that we are way over valuing him.

Because it's idiotic at best. Unless you have the ability to see the future there is little chance you'll win or even break even on said trade.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is not a wise choice.

Wouldn't be all eggs into one basket. I do agree that it's a bad idea. I would do Myers and one of our prospects or Hodgson/Ennis for Mantha, though. Wouldn't add that much for Nichushkin.

PS - I wouldn't expect you to feel any other way considering your history of lopsided trade ideas in Buffalo's favor. ;)

Wouldn't be all eggs into one basket. I do agree that it's a bad idea. I would do Myers and one of our prospects or Hodgson/Ennis for Mantha, though. Wouldn't add that much for Nichushkin.

PS - I wouldn't expect you to feel any other way considering your history of lopsided trade ideas in Buffalo's favor. ;)

You certainly got me there :)

I honestly would want more than just Mantha in Myers + Hodgson lets say, primarily due to Mantha's lack of NHL play. I wouldn't need anything huge, just something whom can play now and potentially at least be useful down the line. Plus he's in the Q, so I'm a little skeptical of his point totals.

I honestly would want more than just Mantha in Myers + Hodgson lets say, primarily due to Mantha's lack of NHL play. I wouldn't need anything huge, just something whom can play now and potentially at least be useful down the line. Plus he's in the Q, so I'm a little skeptical of his point totals.

You could never do a deal like that without getting a player in return that has a cap hit. No team can take on that much money without unloading some.

so glad some of you aren't team president, you don't do myers + + for a trade with only mantha or nichuskin.

why not?

Because it's idiotic at best. Unless you have the ability to see the future there is little chance you'll win or even break even on said trade.

Oh good someone answered this for me.

Darren Dreger on TSN 1290 on trade talks.

“No, you know, relatively quiet. But perhaps that picks up as teams creep up to the 20-game mark in regular season play. I think that you’ve got your usual standard of tire-kicking from teams around the league and we look for hot spots, don’t we?

“You look at Colorado, and things are messy there right now for the Avalanche. And you’ve got to wonder how long will it be before Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic find a way to shake things up there. You know, is Ryan O’Reilly or who is the likely target? What do you need in return?

“So there’s that kind of media dialog, but based on the managers that I talked to this week, it’s still relatively quiet in spite of what went on yesterday in Montreal and Dallas.”

I doubt that the Avs trade their best two way forward, but if they want to move ROR put a package together!

Edited by BRAWNDO

I doubt that the Avs trade their best two way forward, but if they want to move ROR put a package together!

Yes.

You're not getting more than Mantha for Myers and Hodgson. In fact you're not getting Mantha for that.

He's actually in the AHL now. And the Red Wings have seen enough of him in training camp/practices to believe he's ready for the NHL now, so the Q thing isnt a worry anymore.

Myers, any forward on our team or in our system not named Samson or Zemgus, and St. Louis's 1st round pick. Any chance they'd bite on that or at least shoot a counter offer before hanging up?

Yes.

You're not getting more than Mantha for Myers and Hodgson. In fact you're not getting Mantha for that.

He's actually in the AHL now. And the Red Wings have seen enough of him in training camp/practices to believe he's ready for the NHL now, so the Q thing isnt a worry anymore.

He hasn't played any games yet in the AHL, and is making his AHL debut tomorrow:

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/2014/11/anthony_mantha_to_make_debut_f.html

Interested to see how he does.

Overvaluing your prospects also isn't a wise choice. I hardly see how Myers, Grigs, and a St.Louis 1st for Mantha and a veteran Wings players is idiotic. Who in that package isn't replaceable? Grigs? Myers? Mantha is a commodity we, and the majority of the NHL, don't have. 6'4" winger with a natural scoring touch. Eventually you have to stop amassing middling talent and acquire some game-changing ones.

Overvaluing your prospects also isn't a wise choice. I hardly see how Myers, Grigs, and a St.Louis 1st for Mantha and a veteran Wings players is idiotic. Who in that package isn't replaceable? Grigs? Myers? Mantha is a commodity we, and the majority of the NHL, don't have. 6'4" winger with a natural scoring touch. Eventually you have to stop amassing middling talent and acquire some game-changing ones.

Where was Mantha picked? Good teams don't tank. They just draft well. Kind of why Detroit is Detroit and Buffalo is Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.