Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

They could swap Perron for a guy who plays top six minutes at the pivot for them... But that won't necessarily mean it's a top-line center talent-wise.

Ill send them Stafford if they want. He plays top-6 minutes at least Edited by WildCard

Kings looking for a 2-3 D Man have about 4 million in cap space now.

Kings GM Dean Lombardi would like to add a No.2 or No.3 defenseman, with just over $4 million in available salary cap space to play with.

The Kings had been taking calls on center Mike Richards, prior to receiving cap relief from Voynov being placed on the equivalent of long-term IR.

It's unclear if he's still in play, but two separate league executives told TFP the Kings will need to part with a "solid roster player" in order to acquire a top-tier defenseman.

Youngsters Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli are not available for trade, but top prospects Nick Shore, Valentin Zykov and this past June's first-round draft pick Adrian Kempe could be packaged in a deal, an Eastern Conference team executive speculated.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/los141123.html

Matthew Sekeres@mattsekeres 24m24 minutes ago

Have to think the Dan Hamhuis injury has the #Canucks inquiring further about Tyler Myers in Buffalo. Need a horse D-man short & long term.

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres · 20m20 minutes ago

Would have to think either Lack/Markstrom, roster W, 1 or 2 prospects like Shinkaruk, Virtanen, McCann, Jensen and/or picks

·

You're going to have to pay a premium based on Myers youth, upside, size. Wont be cheap.

If we landed that package then I'd run with it. Shinkaruk is a very nice scoring wing prospect who should be ready next year or later this year. Then adding a goalie prospect would be nice (maybe we send them Enroth, Hackett or Lieuwen). And then another prospect or pick on top of that? Do it.

I like Virtanen, too. Oh boy that would be an exciting deal. Plus a roster W? Not sure who that would be. Higgins?

There was a lot of talk about Benning wanting Myers last offseason.

Edited by Tankalicious

Hmmmmm I would love to make a deal similar to that. I would even say pass on the roster player and go with a bit better prospect. Adding a Shinkaruk would be incredible. Helps the tank, adds a much needed scoring prospect and would make it so I wont jab my eyes out if we pick third and take Hannifan.

I don't know much about those prospects other than a quick bio check online. Do any of them have a realistic shot at being a top 6, or a top 3, forward? We have plenty of middling talent, we need some top line guys.

Yes. Shinkaruk could fit into the top six as a scorer. Virtanen could be a top six forward. Some think McCann could but I'm not really sure about him as a prospect.

Would you trade Myers for Ennis?

Would I trade Myers for a *second* Ennis? No, but only because I don't think you'd want more than 1 of that type of player in your Top 6. I'm good with having just 1 Ennis for now.

Is Ennis better than Myers? At this point, I'd say yes.

I'd trade Myers for a clone of Girgensons, Ristolainen, or Zadorov. I'd also trade him for Moulson if they were the same age.

I don't know much about those prospects other than a quick bio check online. Do any of them have a realistic shot at being a top 6, or a top 3, forward? We have plenty of middling talent, we need some top line guys.

Shinkaruk has a lot of upside but it looks like he's off to a slow-ish start in the AHL.

I loved everything I knew about Virtanen from last year's draft but I think he's been hurt.

Would I trade Myers for a *second* Ennis? No, but only because I don't think you'd want more than 1 of that type of player in your Top 6. I'm good with having just 1 Ennis for now.

Is Ennis better than Myers? At this point, I'd say yes.

I'd trade Myers for a clone of Girgensons, Ristolainen, or Zadorov. I'd also trade him for Moulson if they were the same age.

Shinkaruk has a lot of upside but it looks like he's off to a slow-ish start in the AHL.

I loved everything I knew about Virtanen from last year's draft but I think he's been hurt.

What about Bo Horvat ?

Why trade Myers? Just because you can? That's ridiculous when you look at the future D corp for the Sabres, which will be stacked if you include Myers.

If Myers is part of a trade, it better blow me the f@&k away. He's definitely under valued on this board, IMHO.

Why trade Myers? Just because you can? That's ridiculous when you look at the future D corp for the Sabres, which will be stacked if you include Myers.

If Myers is part of a trade, it better blow me the f@&k away. He's definitely under valued on this board, IMHO.

Im with you on this, with Myers our future D looks excellent, without him we need to draft a new D in the top 15 if possible.

It's stacked without Myers in the same way it's stackef with him: a lot of extremely untalented but unproven guys. I don't think Myers is nearly as good as his value in a trade.

It's stacked without Myers in the same way it's stackef with him: a lot of extremely untalented but unproven guys. I don't think Myers is nearly as good as his value in a trade.

Well if you want to assure yourself of a tank this year, trade Myers away. He is the only guy other than Gorges on the back end who can realistically play top pair minutes and not look like a train wreck.

I wouldn't trade Myers for some unproven prospects. It just isn't worth the risk and I like Shinkaruk and Virtanen.

Well if you want to assure yourself of a tank this year, trade Myers away. He is the only guy other than Gorges on the back end who can realistically play top pair minutes and not look like a train wreck.

I wouldn't trade Myers for some unproven prospects. It just isn't worth the risk and I like Shinkaruk and Virtanen.

It is funny you say this because I was going to post that one way GMTM could derail the sudden improvement is to trade Myers. If he is truly locked in on McEichle then I think it is possible it happens sooner rather than later.

If a team is willing to overpay then do it. With our plethora of picks and prospects it will not be hard for GMTM to replace him. If that player isn't already in the organization then he has more than enough resources to get one.

Let's keep this thing on track. Make sure we get McEichle, get some potential top 6 forwards, and if it turns out we have to many - wonderful. We can always trade for D. Myers is Myers. Other than his size what is so hard to replace?

I think anyone willing to move Myers in a package deal is doing this because our team scores 1.5 goals per game and are sick of our lack of scoring. You have to give up something to get something and seeing that Zad and Risto look the part then I think we may be able to turn our D depth into some more scoring. I think Myers is a good player who still has more potential so I wouldn't give him away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.