GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

Openly rooting for Sabres to lose.....wow. Are you upset when they win? Do you cheer when opponents score and boo when Sabres score?

Im Openly rooting for them to lose and yes I will be disappointed when they win (even against the leafs).

I also will watch all the Islanders games and hope they lose, all the flames games and hope they win. Even last night I watched the Leafs game and fist pumped when they scored late to tie it up and I HATE the Leafs. (unfortunately mtl scored even later to win).

Call me a bad fan if you want. All i know is I desperately want to see the Sabres win the Cup and if that means 1 more year of the Sabres sucking - so be it

Anyone else a little concerned about Meszaros and Benoit as a pair?

I'm not sure where Nikita should fit in this lineup.

I hope Rienhart and Hodgson can find some chemistry that i haven't seen yet.

The Islanders aren't going to finish last.

They are going to finish 23 and win the lottery for us.

I'm not concerned about them I would be more concerned about Weber and Risto. As most know I'm not really a fan of Weber. Seems like he always on for more goals against than anyone else on the team.

Im Openly rooting for them to lose and yes I will be disappointed when they win (even against the leafs).

I also will watch all the Islanders games and hope they lose, all the flames games and hope they win. Even last night I watched the Leafs game and fist pumped when they scored late to tie it up and I HATE the Leafs. (unfortunately mtl scored even later to win).

Call me a bad fan if you want. All i know is I desperately want to see the Sabres win the Cup and if that means 1 more year of the Sabres sucking - so be it

I absolutely love the Sabres and it's hard and I mean hard to go through this rebuild. Like others said the rebuild should have taken place the year McKinnon came out. Last year was a weak draft class and even though I wanted Reinhart I still believe he isn't ready. I think the additions of Gorges, Gionta and getting Moulson back, plus Stewart and Stafford in contract years puts us out of the top 2 picks which would really suck. Islanders I believe will be a playoff team or damn close to it. I still think Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Calgary, and Winnipeg if they move Kane or Buff will all have lottery balls. My favorites are Arizona and Carolina right now.

If this team makes the playoffs because guys like Stafford, Stewart, Meszaros and Benoit have career years prior to entering the offseason without extensions and not on the backs of the young guys I'll be annoyed.

If this team makes the playoffs because Hodgson, Myers, Risto, Girgs, Grigs and others play outstanding then I'll be ecstatic.

Actually, I'm cool with a playoff berth no matter who's contributing. You know, because we watch hockey to be entertained and, you know, you can't win if you're not in and, you know, after years of being horrendous even a "first round exit" would be fantastic for our young, young team.

Listen, if Tim Murray's management is as good as everyone thinks it is, then it doesn't matter where we pick-----we'll get the right guy.

You do not foster a winning culture by losing. It's simply impossible. You'd think Buffalo Sports Fans would realize that by now.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Actually, I'm cool with a playoff berth no matter who's contributing. You know, because we watch hockey to be entertained and, you know, you can't win if you're not in and, you know, after years of being horrendous even a "first round exit" would be fantastic for our young, young team.

Listen, if Tim Murray's management is as good as everyone thinks it is, then it doesn't matter where we pick-----we'll get the right guy.

You do not foster a winning culture by losing. It's simply impossible. You'd think Buffalo Sports Fans would realize that by now.

This team making the playoffs would be nuanced and in a good way. If THIS Sabres team makes the playoffs, it's because they overachieved. Even if they lose in the first round it's okay, because it means they have potential to repeat.

That's a lot better than a team that underachieves, comes in 8th, and then gets bounced in the first round.

I will always prefer an overachieving team.

See, this is nice. The player announcement last night for the Flames took *forever*, and the guy announcing the players was just an absolute moron about it. I half expected him to start belting "ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE....?!???!??!!??!?!??!?!?!?"

Thankfully, it never came to that. I'd probably be eardrum-less.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.