Terry and Kim Pegula, owners of the Sabres AND the Bills

Hank

I think this is a good thing. I'm not in the "doin' cartwheels" camp, as I never thought the Bills would leave Buffalo, but It's hard to find something not to be excited about this.

Not thrilled about having all of our eggs in one basket, but I'm just going to ignore that and hope that nothing comes of it.

Edited by SwampD

How can the Bills get any worse? You think Jon Bon Jovi would have made them better?

I didn't want Bon Jovi to get the Bills. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just not going to sit here while some people throw around the idea that a Super Bowl is imminent because Terry bought the team. It's ludicrous.

I didn't want Bon Jovi to get the Bills. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just not going to sit here while some people throw around the idea that a Super Bowl is imminent because Terry bought the team. It's ludicrous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Who says TP = Super Bowl outside of a very small minority of fans?. The elation here is predominantly over securing the teams future in Buffalo. I gotta tell you I'm shocked that you of all posters would find a way to wet blanket this news. Shocked.

Other than that, Mrs. McKinley, how was your husband's trip to Buffalo?

I am not an "end of debate" guy. But when it comes to Pegula=Ilitch, that is the end of the debate.

So, ~14 years and a second major hire was all it took to get Detroit over the hump? (~16 years if winning the SC is considered as getting there rather than just getting to the Finals.)

Clearly Detroit fans should have realized happy days were just around the corner coming off a 40 point season 4 years into the pizza guy's tenure. (And they were if a decade was 'just around the corner.' ;))

Who says TP = Super Bowl outside of a very small minority of fans?. The elation here is predominantly over securing the teams future in Buffalo. I gotta tell you I'm shocked that you of all posters would find a way to wet blanket this news. Shocked.

Thank you for the bolded.

So, ~14 years and a second major hire was all it took to get Detroit over the hump? (~16 years if winning the SC is considered as getting there rather than just getting to the Finals.)

Clearly Detroit fans should have realized happy days were just around the corner coming off a 40 point season 4 years into the pizza guy's tenure. (And they were if a decade was 'just around the corner.' ;))

No! The debate is over!

Don't spoil his fantasy. We're all blowing Terry Pegula because he's going to our meddle our way to four straight Superbowl victories.

But even if they do win, he won't watch them. Despite it being the reason he watches.

There are two phrases today, in this very thread, that make me think I might actually be in one of Donte's levels of Hell.

…to achieve a singular goal: To win a Super Bowl - TP

The Bills ain't goin' nowhere. - nfreemen

I'm still happy, though.

Edited by SwampD

Sure. John Henry (Boston Red Sox and Liverpool), Stan Kroenke (Colo. Avalanche and St. Louis Rams) come to mind immediately.

EDIT: Also Paul Allen (Seahawks and Trail Blazers), Tom Benson (Saints and Pelicans), Comcast (Flyers and Sixers), MLSE (Leafs and Raptors).

Aren't the owners of the buccaneers and Man united the same as well ? glazers ?

its obvious they now need to put up a giant statue of pegula when you ride into buffalo, maybe fire can come out of his nose or something.

Give the man some buffalo horns as well :D

Edited by Heimdall

Just to throw it out there... Hitler.

I've always seen Pegula as more of a Stalin, but you are entitled to your opinion. ;)

Multiple sources reporting the same thing.

Great news for every one but Yuri.

I knew it would happen the moment Ralph passed. Still, Rage Against the Machine. Solar panels need to go up at the Ralph asap!

Edited by Yuri Olesha

Are you really asking? Cmon...

Well, Terry came into Buffalo saying he didn't want to raise ticket prices. Then Ted Black et al took him aside and explained about the juicy league welfare check, and ticket prices, along with everything else, went way up. I can imagine Terry's at least smart enough to know that all the home games should be in OP, but I can also imagine the bean-counters would argue for the importance of regionalizing the franchise in Ontario, etc.

Well, Terry came into Buffalo saying he didn't want to raise ticket prices. Then Ted Black et al took him aside and explained about the juicy league welfare check, and ticket prices, along with everything else, went way up. I can imagine Terry's at least smart enough to know that all the home games should be in OP, but I can also imagine the bean-counters would argue for the importance of regionalizing the franchise in Ontario, etc.

What bean counters? He just outbid the other groups.by $350MM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.