Terry and Kim Pegula, owners of the Sabres AND the Bills

Hank

I was not thrilled to see TPegs in the running for the Bills a couple of months ago as I did not want his focus to be taken away from the Sabres. However, after some pondering, maybe it will be good to take a bit of focus away from the team (meddling). Also, this will finally give the Bills some hope. Are there any other owners out there that own multiple professional sports teams?

I was not thrilled to see TPegs in the running for the Bills a couple of months ago as I did not want his focus to be taken away from the Sabres. However, after some pondering, maybe it will be good to take a bit of focus away from the team (meddling). Also, this will finally give the Bills some hope. Are there any other owners out there that own multiple professional sports teams?

Sure. John Henry (Boston Red Sox and Liverpool), Stan Kroenke (Colo. Avalanche and St. Louis Rams) come to mind immediately.

EDIT: Also Paul Allen (Seahawks and Trail Blazers), Tom Benson (Saints and Pelicans), Comcast (Flyers and Sixers), MLSE (Leafs and Raptors).

Edited by Eleven

Amen. I've been down on this franchise as anyone for the past 5 to 7 years, but man this is invigorating. Thank you Mr. Wilson and thank you Terry and Kim Pegula.

Good call on Wilson. I've railed against his subpar ownership and refusal to secure the team's future here...but Tim Graham tweeted that as the story gets reported, all cynicism about him will evaporate. Sounds like there were very specific instructions to the trust about the sale and keeping the team here.

He owned the Denver teams before he bought the Rams.

Right, and how did the NFL allow him to buy the Rams with that "no teams in other NFL markets" rule in place? I assume the sale was contingent on moving the other teams, but why wouldn't they make him move those teams right away before handing him the Rams?

Good call on Wilson. I've railed against his subpar ownership and refusal to secure the team's future here...but Tim Graham tweeted that as the story gets reported, all cynicism about him will evaporate. Sounds like there were very specific instructions to the trust about the sale and keeping the team here.

Probably language like: "If Terry Pegula et al wish to purchase the team, the team will be sold to him and his party."

Right, and how did the NFL allow him to buy the Rams with that "no teams in other NFL markets" rule in place? I assume the sale was contingent on moving the other teams, but why wouldn't they make him move those teams right away before handing him the Rams?

That, I can't answer.

Can you imagine Pegula's legacy if the Bills win a SB AND the Sabres a Cup under his ownership?

On the same night?

Where's OJ?

Rejoice PA. Pegula's meddling focus just got diluted.

Hope so. Actually for the sake of Bills fans, I hope Terry learned his lesson and doesn't meddle at all. Is it possible he's an even bigger dimwit when it comes to football?

Edited by PASabreFan

Some people just like being miserable and/or contrary.

Where's OJ?

Hope so. Actually for the sake of Bills fans, I hope Terry learned his lesson and doesn't meddle at all. Is it possible he's an even bigger dimwit when it comes to football?

The NFL is home to owners like Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and Jimmy Haslam. Just taking the latter as an example, he vetoed his football brain trust's recommendation to trade Josh Gordon last year, and then forced them to select Mansiel this year.

From where I sit, Pegula won't even be in the conversation when it comes to the NFL's "meddlesome" owners.

And, yeah: I'm throwing air quotes around "meddling" from now on, since I've come to view the term as more or less synonymous with or a function of "owning." The question is really whether an owner is smart or stupid about the "meddling" (owning) they do.

Where's OJ?

It's being reported today that Kim is going to be the one heavily involved with the Bills (...speaking of which, egg on Bucky's face for insinuating early in the summer she was taking on a more active role with the Sabres in order for Terry to handle the Bills), so he may not. A word of warning: do not go after Kim for meddling, I believe several posters will start lobbying the Pegulas to frack your yard if you say bad things about her.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.