Terry and Kim Pegula, owners of the Sabres AND the Bills

Hank

I've got a sawbuck that says he has The Franklin Files sitting on his bookshelf......

There's a difference between being directly involved in the act, and knowing the act went on and trying to keep a reputation on the up and up.

So...how many of the responders had to google it?

How many spent more than 7 seconds on it?

I've had a hard time the past few months. I love the Bills. I love Buffalo. I used to love the Sabres and sort of still do like a nephew in rehab for heroin and theft.....and I shut up. Because the city is giddy and everyone is thrilled, and yes, on a nominal course it is a great thing the sports franchises of the city seem secure. The idolization of the false messiah is really hitting me though. In the same sense, it is not right to bare false witness. It becomes an internal struggle when 95% can't or don't understand what goes on. I have to use what I am confident in to 95% and it isn't a fun feeling. PA once said "if only you could use your powers for good". Well, people want to feel good. Sometimes what is just and good doesn't always feel good.

I am welcome to a ban, as I will never promise to shut up about what I feel is right. A .38 slug may shut me up, or the will of a higher up.

Yes, your post was "lighthearted", but based in truth. You know deep down you can identify a trend. That's what you were implying. That's all I am doing as well....

You are a smart person with connections and the ability to process information.

If I gave you $200 per billable hour and you spent the time, I am sure you would understand. You may not like it, but you would understand.....

I understand your personal struggle, but you do not have to inject it into every conversation. You don't have to like the Sabres, you don't have to like the Pegula's, you may think we're all hero worshippers of some golden calf, and some of that may be warranted, but then what are you doing here? You're not furthering a conversation, you're clearly not convincing anybody, you're just annoying people to the point of not listening to you. Either you truly believe in this stuff and just don't know how to present it in any sort of productive way, you're just trolling, or some combination thereof. If its the first or the last, why bother wasting any time on us?

Didn't have to Google it because I know the narrative. Awfully heavy insinuation with only loose dot connecting as far as I can tell. When those accusations fly, there should be some concrete evidence.

While many Are in worship Terry mode or in Smell's case Kim, a lot of us are happy he did what he did but leery of the man and his ability to lead our franchises.

Like I said....it's probably selfish at this point. I always loved the Bills and Sabres and as an adult, am probably 80/30% of where I was on the 2 franchises as life goes on....but it's a HUGE part of Buffalo and what brings the good people together.

When the Spidey Senses....or spirit for those inclined.....leave you unsettled....it blows. I should be thrilled the Bills seem like they are here for the next X years.

I guess I'm just a hypocrite. The guy who sold me my Chevy probably is married and banging the babysitter, the mechanic is on meth and hasn't paid child support in 18 months, and Billy Fuccillo....well...nevermind.

I just saw this exchange.

GoDD -- I want to be clear on this. You have posted these insinuations plenty of times before. You've also posted, just once as I recall, a list of details supporting your spidey sense. My recollection is that, as someone mentioned above, it was a bunch of factoids and theories that didn't amount to anything.

It was nowhere near enough to publicly accuse a man of knowing about a child molestation ring or about that scumbag and what he was up to.

If you want to post something fully cooked, and have it be evaluated -- go ahead.

But if you don't want to post your Unabomber manifesto (which I really hope is what you decide), or if you do post it and it doesn't withstand critical peer review, you have to stop posting anything whatsoever relating to this accusation -- including all sly jokes, double entendres, etc.

It's a despicable thing to accuse someone of, and you can't do it here unless it's rock-solid.

OK?

I just saw this exchange.

GoDD -- I want to be clear on this. You have posted these insinuations plenty of times before. You've also posted, just once as I recall, a list of details supporting your spidey sense. My recollection is that, as someone mentioned above, it was a bunch of factoids and theories that didn't amount to anything.

It was nowhere near enough to publicly choose a man of knowing about a child molestation ring or about that scumbag and what he was up to.

If you want to post something fully cooked, and have it be evaluated -- go ahead.

But if you don't want to post your Unabomber manifesto (which I really hope is what you decide), or if you do post it and it doesn't withstand critical peer review, you have to stop posting anything whatsoever relating to this accusation -- including all sly jokes, double entendres, etc.

It's a despicable thing to accuse someone of, and you can't do it here unless it's rock-solid.

OK?

We all have different bars set.

If I go over the line, ban me. I'm fine with that. I won't complain.

And it's a tad ironic that the person in charge of monitoring the well-being of this board "missed the exchange", for over 2 weeks.

Funny how that works......

Nothing wrong with a 20oz bloody mary at 5am.

and another at 2 in the afternoon.

I'm thinking something hallucinogenic.

And it's a tad ironic that the person in charge of monitoring the well-being of this board "missed the exchange", for over 2 weeks.

How very Bill Simmons of you

We're all volunteers here. You can feel free to cut my xmas bonus. Just cease and desist this line. No one wants to ban anyone, but no one wants to be forced to do anything either.

Also: the exchange was on the 7th, and I replied on the 15th. How is that "over 2 weeks?"

This kind of wild exaggeration is why skepticism and rigorous analysis is necessary before flinging accusations.

We're all volunteers here. You can feel free to cut my xmas bonus. Just cease and desist this line. No one wants to ban anyone, but no one wants to be forced to do anything either.

Also: the exchange was on the 7th, and I replied on the 15th. How is that "over 2 weeks?"

This kind of wild exaggeration is why skepticism and rigorous analysis is necessary before flinging accusations.

I hate advanced stats!!!

The Bills lost 2 games in 5 days.....is that 1 week or 2?

I agree.....if I am to continue to drop reminders of the child sex scandal and coverup at Penn State, it is unbecoming to assume that Cliff Benson, a Sabres' officer, had any knowledge of such activity. If I feel I have concrete evidence of any wrong doing, I should prove it in a court of law. That is the arena for the discovery of rigorous analysis.

I do not wish to bring any harm onto this board.

Thank you kind sir for your fair observation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.