Terry and Kim Pegula, owners of the Sabres AND the Bills

Hank

The Buffalo News: The source added that Bon Jovi and his group signed a waiver during negotiations that they would not move the team to Toronto or any other city and that the group was engaged in talks with unidentified entities to build a new stadium in Western New York

I don't find this credible -- if it were true, he would've come out and said it in his letter, instead of being Clintonian about it. This sounds like after-the-fact spin control.

Sure. John Henry (Boston Red Sox and Liverpool), Stan Kroenke (Colo. Avalanche and St. Louis Rams) come to mind immediately.

EDIT: Also Paul Allen (Seahawks and Trail Blazers), Tom Benson (Saints and Pelicans), Comcast (Flyers and Sixers), MLSE (Leafs and Raptors).

Also Ted Leonsis, who is majority owner of the Caps, Wizards, and Mystics (WNBA), who all play in the same stadium in downtown DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Leonsis

On a side note, I assume this is why Caps games don't have a "traditional" production feel to the in-arena experience. They use a lot of the same PA gimmicks, effects, etc. as at the NBA games.

I don't find this credible -- if it were true, he would've come out and said it in his letter, instead of being Clintonian about it. This sounds like after-the-fact spin control.

I keep telling you, it's "Rovian."

I don't find it credible, either. Especially not after the discovery of that one guy's bio--the one that said he was working with MLSE to buy the Bills and move them to Toronto.

Also Ted Leonsis, who is majority owner of the Caps, Wizards, and Mystics (WNBA), who all play in the same stadium in downtown DC.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ted_Leonsis

On a side note, I assume this is why Caps games don't have a "traditional" production feel to the in-arena experience. They use a lot of the same PA gimmicks, effects, etc. as at the NBA games.

How did I forget this one? Not like I didn't live there long enough.

"Don't worry, be happy?" Some guy turned it into a pop hit in the '80s.

I'm happy. I'm not a Bills fan anymore, and I'm not going to jump back on the bandwagon if they're ever good again. That ship sailed. It's on me, mostly. It's great that the franchise (apparently) will be around in Buffalo for awhile. But this continued fellating of the guy, IMHO because he's rich, despite how he drove the Sabres into a ditch, just drives me nuts. "Super Bowl" and "Pegula" in the same sentence is laughable. Now, if he hires good people and stands aside, maybe there's a chance. Past performance should make folks quite leery.

I'm happy. I'm not a Bills fan anymore, and I'm not going to jump back on the bandwagon if they're ever good again. That ship sailed. It's on me, mostly. It's great that the franchise (apparently) will be around in Buffalo for awhile. But this continued fellating of the guy, IMHO because he's rich, despite how he drove the Sabres into a ditch, just drives me nuts. "Super Bowl" and "Pegula" in the same sentence is laughable. Now, if he hires good people and stands aside, maybe there's a chance. Past performance should make folks quite leery.

Your ability to miss the forest for the trees is exceptional.

via the Buffalo Sabres PR department,

Kim and I are humbled and honored that the Wilson family has chosen us to be the second owner of the Buffalo Bills. Pending the NFL approval process, being the next owner of the Buffalo Bills would be a great privilege for our family. Ralph Wilson left an indelible mark on our community and we will strive every day to honor his legacy.

Our interest in owning the Bills has everything to do with the people of Western New York and our passion for football. We have knowledgeable, dedicated fans here and along with our ownership of the Buffalo Sabres, it is gratifying to reassure these great fans that two franchises so important to our region are both here to stay.

We are grateful to Senator Chuck Schumer and Governor Andrew Cuomo for their support and desire to keep our Bills in Western New York where they belong and to our team of professional advisors at Allen & Company and Sherrard, German & Kelly. We would also like to thank the staffs of the NFL and the Bills for helping to guide us through the sale process. We now look ahead to the NFL review process in accordance with League policy. If awarded final approval, we will be driven to achieve a singular goal: To win a Super Bowl for our fans.

Out of respect for the continuing sale process, until League approval is attained, we will have no further comment.”

So Red Wing fans should have expected the Dead Things to remain lousy forever because the team never cracked 70 points in Illitch's 1st 4 years of ownership tumbling all the way down to 40 points that 4th year when Yzerman broke his leg and missed almost 30 games in his 3rd season?

Forget winning for a moment. That's temporary.

The Sabres franchise, as a professional sports franchise existing in a rust belt city, is more stable than it has been, maybe in history of the franchise. The Buffalo Bills, a professional sports franchise that is as much ingrained in this community as the Sabres, if not moreso, was, upon the passing of Ralph Wilson, probably the most unstable franchise in the NFL and probably the most likely to be moved.

For fans of professional sports that live in Western New York, having access to professional sports teams is a factor in the quality of their lives. Professional sports franchises also serve as an economic engine for the region.

Terry Pegula has just stabilized an important part of the community, the future of which just yesterday, was seriously in doubt.

So feel free to watch while I, and other Bills fans, celebrate and show some gratitude. And if in your mind that looks like ######, then also feel free to ###### while watching.

Forget winning for a moment. That's temporary.

The Sabres franchise, as a professional sports franchise existing in a rust belt city, is more stable than it has been, maybe in history of the franchise. The Buffalo Bills, a professional sports franchise that is as much ingrained in this community as the Sabres, if not moreso, was, upon the passing of Ralph Wilson, probably the most unstable franchise in the NFL and probably the most likely to be moved.

For fans of professional sports that live in Western New York, having access to professional sports teams is a factor in the quality of their lives. Professional sports franchises also serve as an economic engine for the region.

Terry Pegula has just stabilized an important part of the community, the future of which just yesterday, was seriously in doubt.

So feel free to watch while I, and other Bills fans, celebrate and show some gratitude. And if in your mind that looks like ######, then also feel free to ###### while watching.

Why would I want to hashtag? Seriously, I think your premise that the discussion should preclude winning is very telling. Personally, that's why I watch. And occasionally ### while watching. I don't have an MBA and could not care less about that stuff.

So Red Wing fans should have expected the Dead Things to remain lousy forever because the team never cracked 70 points in Illitch's 1st 4 years of ownership tumbling all the way down to 40 points that 4th year when Yzerman broke his leg and missed almost 30 games in his 3rd season?

Ilitch's first hire was Jim Devellano. End of debate.

Your ability to miss the forest for the trees is exceptional.

Is "the forest" the notion that the franchise is secured for Buffalo? I didn't miss it. I'm happy about that. If not, what forest am I missing? Are the Sabres in such great shape, I should be happy that he'll do the same for the Bills?

Why would I want to hashtag? Seriously, I think your premise that the discussion should preclude winning is very telling. Personally, that's why I watch. And occasionally ### while watching. I don't have an MBA and could not care less about that stuff.

Is "the forest" the notion that the franchise is secured for Buffalo? I didn't miss it. I'm happy about that. If not, what forest am I missing? Are the Sabres in such great shape, I should be happy that he'll do the same for the Bills?

But yet it took ~14 years and the promotion of Ken Holland to AGM for St. Devellano's squad to reach the SCF.

The Sabres now have what appears to be solid leadership in the hockey depatment w/ TM & CP advising him.

Chicken, egg. I'm not going to let unwarranted praise go unanswered. I'm always on duty. I hope the alarms never sound. But I'm always on duty.

Knobfest? Who you talking about here? Felating?

Come on, you killed the Harbor Center thread because you dislike Pegula. The Harbor Center is a ###### hockey center.

Oh well, I'll check in later.

As a general rule, those who proclaim "the debate is over" or similar such nonsense do so because they are losing the debate.

The forest is that the franchises (plural) are secured for Buffalo and are well-funded by a passionate, deep-pocketed owner who really wants to win and who doesn't mind incurring millions of dollars in operating losses to get there. That is a great forest to be in.

Seriously, I think your premise that the discussion should preclude winning is very telling. Personally, that's why I watch.

I'm so, so sorry for you, PA. It must be hell to try to watch Buffalo sports when the reason you watch a team is because they win. Only being capable of deriving enjoyment from a victory and not the entertaining spectator-ship of competitive sport must lead to some awful life situations. I can only imagine the sadness you feel when you let a child beat you at a board game, knowing that you would've only enjoyed the victory.

And it makes sense that you're a Bruins fan. They tied for first in the league with number of wins. My heart goes out to you for the 19 losses and 9 overtime losses you had to endure.

I hope and pray for you and your family that modern medical science will one day be able to diagnose and develop a cure for this tragic ailment, what doctors currently can only refer to as a scorching case of bandwagonitis.

As a general rule, those who proclaim "the debate is over" or similar such nonsense do so because they are losing the debate.

The forest is that the franchises (plural) are secured for Buffalo and are well-funded by a passionate, deep-pocketed owner who really wants to win and who doesn't mind incurring millions of dollars in operating losses to get there. That is a great forest to be in.

Other than that, Mrs. McKinley, how was your husband's trip to Buffalo?

I am not an "end of debate" guy. But when it comes to Pegula=Ilitch, that is the end of the debate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.