Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Damn... Wanted this domino to fall.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Sens GM Bryan Murray says he had a deal that made sense potentially with Nashville for Spezza but Spezza wouldn't waive to go there

Nashville is one of the many teams that will make a run at Statsny. Poille met with him in Denver recently. I expect Statsny to go elsewhere though.

I thought from the beginning that Nashville is the best spot for Spezza, but then I heard they're on his no-trade list. St. Louis is the next spot I would expect to see. Could see Minnesota, St. Louis and Dallas bidding hard for him when Stastny signs. Whoever doesn't get him between those three will get involved heavily.

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington

Arizona GM Don Maloney told me Darcy Regier remains a candidate for an AGM position. Hopes to make couple hires after July 1. #Sabres

Seems like Maloney is thinking "alright, let's hire Regier but wait until after all of the important decisions are made."

The draft being right in the middle of the talking period works out really well. Allows agents/players/teams to discuss for a day or two and then regather before getting back to it to see how serious the interest is both ways.

Unfortunately, Malhotra brings face-off ability but not much else these days. In that sense, he is basically Konopka minus the fisticuffs.

Difference of opinion but I think he's basically done. Damaged goods. Liked him in Vancouver but he never really recovered from the injury. How could you ?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/561/manny-malhotra http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8467334

His 7G and 6A last season would make him a sniper on the Sabres. :rolleyes: All kidding aside, he'd be an excellent leader to show the younger players all about dedication to the profession of hockey. He wore an "A" for the Hurricanes last season and I'd prefer him on the team over Konopka and Ellis. JMO.

That we're even discussing guys like Malhotra and Jovanovski shows just how low this team has gotten... like an alcoholic who has hit rock bottom.... :(

Like an alcoholic rummaging through the medicine cabinet for the last vestages of listerine or cheap cologne.

That we're even discussing guys like Malhotra and Jovanovski shows just how low this team has gotten... like an alcoholic who has hit rock bottom.... :(

Hopefully Reinhart & Eichel pan out. If they do, then the Sabres have already quit the bottle (grabbing Reinhart) and will be in rehab (grabbing Eichel) soon.

I'm fully expecting a bad team this season. All I can ask for is an entertaining bad team. (Nolan's 1st Sabres squad comes to mind.)

So, I'm noticing that a lot of guys who seem to be showing up in the hockey press/rumors lately all have the same agent, Rick Curran. Christian Ehrhoff, Patrick Sharp, Jason Spezza, all of the Staal brothers, ...

And, the guy managed to sign up Aaron Ekblad and next years sure-fire #1 pick Connor McDavid.

B-)

So, I'm noticing that a lot of guys who seem to be showing up in the hockey press/rumors lately all have the same agent, Rick Curran. Christian Ehrhoff, Patrick Sharp, Jason Spezza, all of the Staal brothers, ...

And, the guy managed to sign up Aaron Ekblad and next years sure-fire #1 pick Connor McDavid.

B-)

The barrier to entry in the hockey agent industry is insane. Trust me, I've looked into it. So there's a very limited supply.

@JoshuaCooper: Poile said Del Zotto is "not a fit" currently with Nashville

Indicated that they may not even tender him by tomorrow's deadline.

While MDZ isn't fantastic like some thought he was while in NY I would go after him.

Edited by Tankalicious

@JoshuaCooper: Poile said Del Zotto is "not a fit" currently with Nashville

Indicated that they may not even tender him by tomorrow's deadline.

While MDZ isn't fantastic like some thought he was while in NY I would go after him.

We sure got room now, and not much to loose.

I also wonder what murray has been working on to reach cap floor, because this is another 4 mill we need to spend :P

Hell maybe murray called Poile, hey we let erhoff go you can have him, you let us have MDZ :P

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.