Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Not bad, but I think we should avoid Justin Williams and find another guy with a left handed shot, just for consistency purposes.

We are gonna revolutionize hockey. the first LW LW C lineup. The advanced left wing lock. The other team won't know what hit them.

(until they see nobody on the right side of the ice... :doh:)

Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are always a good read: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-oilers-worse-nelson/

Reason I'm posting is the All-Star Game changes Stan Bowman proposed (the idea, not necessarily the exact details). 6 teams of 9 players, 4v4 round robin tournament, 6 minute games. Now that, I'd watch. Maybe reduce it to 3v3?

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are always a good read: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-oilers-worse-nelson/

Reason I'm posting is the All-Star Game changes Stan Bowman proposed (the idea, not necessarily the exact details). 6 teams of 9 players, 4v4 round robin tournament, 6 minute games. Now that, I'd watch. Maybe reduce it to 3v3?

That would be awesome to watch

#20:

20. He [bowness] had success in Boston, survived expansion chaos in Ottawa and had small opportunities with the Islanders and Coyotes. “Experience develops confidence,” Bowness said. “You have to be honest with yourself.”

Would he go back and change anything? “A lot,” he replied with a laugh, declining specifics. He paused when asked how coaching is different now.

“That’s not a simple answer. Every generation changes. There’s a lot more individual attention. How you push. Learning who can handle certain instruction and who can’t. Players want to know how you are going to grow them on and off the ice. There’s a lot more teaching. Coaches used to say, ‘Work harder!’ Now, when a player hears that, they say, ‘Give me something! I want to know how you can make me better.’” :unsure:

Edited by Met'yuPirog

There's clearly some original thinking going on in the NHL. But sometimes I wonder if the league can't see the forest for the trees. Put your thinking caps on, guys (and gals), and make this game truly the fastest, best and most exciting to watch in the world.

Vanek perhaps would have re-signed with the Islanders if they weren't moving to Brooklyn.

"It was close in February [2014] and I thought about it long and hard," Vanek said at Nassau Coliseum on Tuesday. "There was two factors; I made a choice that I really wanted to go to free agency. But after being here for a while I loved it here."

"The one thing I didn't like was the move to Brooklyn. I think if the rink would have been built here, it should be here on the island. There was probably a good chance I still would be here.”

Edited by IKnowPhysics

His quotes demonstrate a lack of understanding of geography.

Technically. But a lot of people who live on Long Island don't consider Brooklyn Long Island. A friend of mine from Long Island just said today she would rather live on Long Island than Brooklyn. It is very discombobulating.

Kings making a late season charge to 8th place, maybe even 6th.

I believe they have recalled Mike Richards.

You heard it here first (?) ... Kings will win the cup.

I'll take that action. I still think Rangers vs. Blues, or maybe even the Wild.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.