Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Umm, what's with the second article on the main page? It's in German, and it appears to be an advertisement for bridal gowns.

Did you click on the links?

:flirt:

Seems they are available in sizes from XXS to XXL.

My German is not good enough to figure out exactly what they are selling. Maybe it's dresses, but then again, maybe not.

Still a 20% chance for last place overall to pick first in 2015 draft. Top 3 spots up for lottery in 2016

@BNHarrington: In the 2016 NHL Draft, the lottery will determing the top 3 places and the worst team could slide to as low as No. 4

@BNHarrington: And now the NHL announces the draft lottery changes: Odds of No. 1 drop from 25 percent to 20 but worst team retains No. 2 in 2015 (more)

Still a 20% chance for last place overall to pick first in 2015 draft. Top 3 spots up for lottery in 2016

@BNHarrington: In the 2016 NHL Draft, the lottery will determing the top 3 places and the worst team could slide to as low as No. 4

@BNHarrington: And now the NHL announces the draft lottery changes: Odds of No. 1 drop from 25 percent to 20 but worst team retains No. 2 in 2015 (more)

I'm fine with that.

This will almost certainly increase our odds. This roster isn't bad enough to finish last against 4-5 teams that will be starting ice girls in goal by the end of the season.

Again, Ullmark.

As for the rest, you are giving DR far to much credit. He had know way of guessing the Islanders would be bad last year and push off their pick to 2015 with again a possibility of being terrible. Last year when he made that trade all indications pointed to the Islanders trending upwards. Also Kevin Devine's influence on our draft picks can simply not be understated. Also, Grigorenko developing properly would be a direct result of what Nolan/Murray do because DR was jerking Grigs chain around for months. Reinhart was solely Murray/Devine's pick.

DR was fine at drafting but he was terrible at team building, hence the reason we have a new GM. Darcy was not and will never be a big picture guy.

Yes , but i still would give Darcy some credit, he loaded up the 2015 draft with picks like no one else could have. And we all know the islanders are a long shot for a playoff team.

Yes , but i still would give Darcy some credit, he loaded up the 2015 draft with picks like no one else could have. And we all know the islanders are a long shot for a playoff team.

That was the knock on DR though - he was good at "winning" individual trades, but couldn't build a good team out of the resulting assets. I think this is working out just right. DR maxed the assets, then handed them over to GMTM to build the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.