Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

It's mid-summer, so I am not following stuff all that closely. That said, the fact MOT is taking Subban this far into arbitration is madness. We all saw that dude play this past spring in the playoffs - a beast. He has shown every sign of being a perennial Norris Trophy candidate. How can you dick around and not get that guy locked up?

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

My uneducated opinion from afar: MTL likes, maybe really likes, Subban but doesn't LOVE him. And you have to LOVE someone at 8 x $8-9M+ per.

IF Bob is right on the numbers here I don't blame Montreal for balking. I personally don't think Subban deserves 8yrs and 8mil. I mean don't get me wrong I think he is good but you are edging near Sidney Crosby money with that deal. That would be more than Weber, Suter, Chara. Not sure PK is up there.

I'll take him at 8x8 any day and all day.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

My uneducated opinion from afar: MTL likes, maybe really likes, Subban but doesn't LOVE him. And you have to LOVE someone at 8 x $8-9M+ per.

IF Bob is right on the numbers here I don't blame Montreal for balking. I personally don't think Subban deserves 8yrs and 8mil. I mean don't get me wrong I think he is good but you are edging near Sidney Crosby money with that deal. That would be more than Weber, Suter, Chara. Not sure PK is up there.

With the growing cap he's worth $8M. Crosby is never a good comparison because he took far less than he could get on the open market. If they won't give it to him then I would love Buffalo to.

I'll take him at 8x8 any day and all day.

<3

OK.

So, does anyone know if Montreal could just walk away from the arbitrators award?

-----

I would gladly give PK his 8 x 8.

No, they can't. And they wouldn't. That'd be the stupidest move just about ever. They'll get value for him either by keeping or trading him. Highly doubt they don't end up with a long-term deal at some point in the next 12 months.

I'd be willing to give Montreal Myers and St. Louis's 1st and the NYI's 2nd for Subban

:)

If we're bringing in Subban we might as well give them our 1st next year because there's no way we'd be near the top pick next year with him in town. But it's not happening, so no need to really talk about it.

OK.

So, does anyone know if Montreal could just walk away from the arbitrators award?

-----

I would gladly give PK his 8 x 8.

I'm not sure who elected arbitration here. But in general, if the team elects arbitration they cannot walk away. If the player elects arbitration, the team can walk away from the contract.

That said, you do not let a talent like Subban go for nothing, especially while he is still under your control. That right there would be GM suicide.

That's a quite a lot of money, but he's pretty good.

That also seems to ###### on the article that said he was looking for $8.5M in arbitration.

He actually was looking for $8.5M in arbitration. On a short term deal he would go lower because immediately that's more realistic, but he projects to be worth $9M as he gets better and the cap grows.

Kudos on selecting the proper, left-handed, Link. Screw the right-handed version adopted to make motion input feel better for more people.

That's the Link I know best. Although I have played Skyward Sword and enjoyed it thoroughly so far, I prefer him to be left-handed like me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.