Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

So? The Sabres can just waive him too. Why not take him on for the rest of the season?

Why would you? What is the point in that move? If we waive him how do we have any clue that somebody else will claim him? We're the first in line so we couldn't know for certain, and if he's terrible here too there would likely be less teams in line. No.

Why would you? What is the point in that move? If we waive him how do we have any clue that somebody else will claim him? We're the first in line so we couldn't know for certain, and if he's terrible here too there would likely be less teams in line. No.

It's Mike Richards. You can't tell me he doesn't make the team better instantly. And it's not like we're on the hook for the cap hit if we waive him next season. Why not? 

Oh wow...

Hearing Mike Richards of LA is on waivers today. Wow.

Amazing that they didn't use a compliance buyout on him.

It's Mike Richards. You can't tell me he doesn't make the team better instantly. And it's not like we're on the hook for the cap hit if we waive him next season. Why not? 

Mike Richards has been pretty awful for a couple years now.

So? The Sabres can just waive him too. Why not take him on for the rest of the season? 

Are you sure about the cap hit? I thought players in the AHL count against the NHL cap if they have an NHL contract. (that was one of the changes in the last CBA). The players didn't want to get buried in the AHL if they had a terrible contract so there's no incentive for teams to do it now.

Are you sure about the cap hit? I thought players in the AHL count against the NHL cap if they have an NHL contract. (that was one of the changes in the last CBA). The players didn't want to get buried in the AHL if they had a terrible contract so there's no incentive for teams to do it now.

I don't know. I thought waivers were still just waivers. 

He's been great in the playoffs though. 

I'll grant you better than he has in the regular season...but great? I think not.

I think you can bury a max of 900k or so per year in the AHL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.