Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Because it's interesting to talk about different possibilities? How boring would it be if everyone just said "sit on hands, let prospects develop" and that was it?

It's interesting to talk about trading Sam Reinhart because of Dylan Strome?  Carry on then.  I find it more interesting to figure out where Murray is actually trading up to than discussing a trade that has 0% chance of ever occurring. 

Because it's interesting to talk about different possibilities? How boring would it be if everyone just said "sit on hands, let prospects develop" and that was it?

#DarcyRegierEra

Saying that, NFW I am trading Reinhart.

It's interesting to talk about trading Sam Reinhart because of Dylan Strome?  Carry on then.  I find it more interesting to figure out where Murray is actually trading up to than discussing a trade that has 0% chance of ever occurring. 

Now you're moving the goalposts. First you bitch about talking about trading Reinhart in general, then you narrow it down to a very specific instance of trading Reinhart.

Now you're moving the goalposts. First you bitch about talking about trading Reinhart in general, then you narrow it down to a very specific instance of trading Reinhart.

Wasn't the original idea about trading him for #3 overall?  Which would be Dylan Strome in all likelihood? 

#DarcyRegierEra

Saying that, NFW I am trading Reinhart.

Agreed on both counts :lol:

It's just kind of interesting to see how Regier routinely got killed for falling in love with his kids,and now fans everywhere are doing the exact same thing with this crop of kids.

Wasn't the original idea about trading him for #3 overall?  Which would be Dylan Strome in all likelihood? 

Pretty sure it all started with Schopp's Reinhart for O'Reilly thing.

It's just kind of interesting to see how Regier routinely got killed for falling in love with his kids,and now fans everywhere are doing the exact same thing with this crop of kids.

When the Buffalo Sabres start paying me millions of dollars a year to run their hockey team, I will stop loving certain young prospects and treat them with a more cold-hearted commodity driven mindset. 

Reinhart for ROR is a terrible idea. 

Edited by LGR4GM

It is.  To me, I'd be fine trading some of them for guys for players who are still young but established.  Who knows how Grigo will turn out but at one time he was the next coming and now his stock has dropped pretty low.  I love a lot of our prospects but the odds are this could happen to some of them.

It is.  To me, I'd be fine trading some of them for guys for players who are still young but established.  Who knows how Grigo will turn out but at one time he was the next coming and now his stock has dropped pretty low.  I love a lot of our prospects but the odds are this could happen to some of them.

Two things...

1 - I don't ever remember Grigs being viewed as "the next coming".  

2 - Odds are this WILL happen to some of them.

Edited by LabattBlue

Two things...

1 - I don't ever remember Grigs being viewed as "the next coming".  

2 - Odds are this WILL happen to some of them.

IIRC there was a ton of hype around him after the draft.  Maybe I phrased it poorly but he was talked about as our future #1 center.

And as is typical, people are mis-representing what Schoop said. He just threw it out there and the discussion became, if you think Reinhart's ceiling is a great, two way number two center and you think that is what ROR already is, then shouldn't it be at least considered. Granted, I didn't listen to the whole show but they debated both sides during the time I was listening. The point that was conclusive is that no one can say with certainty what Sam will end up being while we are pretty certain what ROR is.

IIRC there was a ton of hype around him after the draft.  Maybe I phrased it poorly but he was talked about as our future #1 center.

Mostly by the same people that thought Marc Andre Gragnani was the next great power play quarterback and Catenaci(sic) was a sure fire NHL'er. The educated opinion was hopeful but understanding as to why he fell to 12.

As far as wild risk taking and high-stakes gambling go, Tim Murray makes Hitler look like George McClellan...or Darcy Regier. 

This cowboy is ready to wheel and deal and I can't wait.

I'll be shocked if we use pick #21 as a draft pick in that slot.  It's going to be packaged off to move up IMO.  

Can't wait to see how this plays out tomorrow, popcorn bowl in lap.

I assume we will have a game day thread for it, yes!?

In all fairness, Grigs was never thought of in that regard. 

He's not going to be on this team a lot longer anyway, so it doesn't matter.

At least that's my opinion.  He may not be a Sabre as of midnight tomorrow.

Tim Murray is Patton

Darcy Regier is McCellan

Patton is a compared to Timmy boy.

I'd prefer to compare Tim to Rommel leading the 7th Panzer Division through France in 1940.  Now there's a cat with some gigantic attachments.

In all fairness, Grigs was never thought of in that regard. 

He's not going to be on this team a lot longer anyway, so it doesn't matter.

At least that's my opinion.  He may not be a Sabre as of midnight tomorrow.

At one point a few months before the draft he was thought to be one of the top 2-3 guys, but that fell off.  Granted it's way too early to say something like this, but looking at the top portion of that year's draft, it really doesn't look like it was very strong.  There doesn't seem to be a real break out player in that group yet.

Did you say Evgeni Malkin, or just Malkin? Presumably there's some other Russians with Malkin as a last name who aren't NHL players. So, you weren't totally wrong :P

M'aulkin, a contraction for McAuley Caulkin

Tim Murray is Patton

Darcy Regier is McCellan

Replacing Patton with Sherman probably makes for a better analogy since it's the same era. Can anyone not see Tim Murray marching an army to the sea, burning all that comes before him and driving everyone in his path to flee?

can we get this pinned?

We are less than 24 hours away to the start of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.  With that said here is a round up of the news I have read in the last hour.

First is that Arizona now expects to move the 3rd overall pick to 1 of 4 teams.  No source yet says Buffalo is involved.

Second Jack Eichel joked he hopes he gets selected tomorrow.  We love you jack, can't wait to FNC you at the FNC.

Third, ROR could be moved tomorrow because rumor is the Avs want a 2015 first rounder.

Fourth, Tim Murray has approached several teams about moving up. Now that being said no one will say anything for sure but it is guesstimated that he wants to be in the 9-12 range.  We shall see.

Outside of that I am excited for Sabres Christmas which for me is the draft.

Cheers

2015 Mock http://flamesnation.ca/2015/6/25/2015-nhl-mock-draft?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitterhe got the 1st 8 correct last year.