Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

the original poster said he should have been in AHL last year. All i said is he wasnt able to play in AHL last year - didnt matter what his nationality.

This is total speculation but would any of the 3 ( Kovalchuk, Radulov and Sobotka) jump back to KHL today if they were still under NHL contracts?

All Radulov would need to jump ship again is a coach who wanted him to back check :p

I see.

But the issue really was Buffalo's options were limited. It was the KHL or the NHL. (Juniors wasn't an option). His Nationality was quite pertinent to this.

It's like getting a car with a lien.

I thought the KHL would have made a lot of sense for development purposes.

I see. 

But the issue really was  Buffalo's options were limited. It was the KHL or the NHL.  (Juniors wasn't an option). His Nationality was quite pertinent to this.

It's like getting a car with a lien.  

That whole thing still bothers me and I've never gotten an explanation I was happy with.  I realize it's a big if, but what if Zadorov did not want to play in Russia and instead would have rather been in London?  Did he have no say in the matter?

That whole thing still bothers me and I've never gotten an explanation I was happy with.  I realize it's a big if, but what if Zadorov did not want to play in Russia and instead would have rather been in London?  Did he have no say in the matter?

It's a good question. I really don't know how that transfer agreement works. 

It's a good question. I really don't know how that transfer agreement works. 

Zadorov didn't have a contract over there as far as I know (I assume it wasn't possible to have one).  So the whole thing always felt strange to me, how a team that didn't actually have him under contract could control where he wound up.

McKeen Hockey Scout lists 3 of the best draft day trade-ups in NHL history.

Murray was part of two of them:

1) Mighty Ducks of Anaheim bad one of best trade ups ever in 2003 with Dallas. Two 2nds (V.Polak & Crombeen) to move up 8 spots for Corey Perry

2)Sometimes trading up for YOUR guy pays off substantially. See #Sens at 08 draft. Moved up 3 spots to grab Karlsson. Cost was 3rd Rd (T.Beck)

I fully expect the Sabres to move up come draft day and hope we see Zacha or Crouse in the Blue and Gold in 1 week.

As a Sabres fan we have to give some credit to the trade that brought us Girgensons. Cost was a second rounder (

Patrick Sieloff)

The Russians are making up the rules as they go, which adds an extra layer of complication to this whole thing.

I know I am really limiting the talent pool available to me, but I wouldn't draft a Russian in the first 3 rounds of any draft.  

Best Mock Draft - detailed scouting report and write ups:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/

The 3 guys I've campaigned for at 21 (Svechnikov, Guryanov and Sprong) are all gone before Sabres draft. However, the means Meier falls to them which I would be ecstatic about.

I like sprong to, but i feel like we would be picking stafford 2.0

No chance Meier falls to 21.

This draft is so deep, a very good player will still be there at #21 and #31 even.

A legit second line winger?  Nah, we don't need one.   :ph34r:

*hides from Eleven*

sprong is said to be weak defensively.

Edited by Heimdall

If Meier dropped to 21, I would be so enamored.  He's clearly a better talent IMO than Connor and other forwards like Merkley, Harkins and others.  I love the way he plays. 

Better then Connor? Based on what? Meier has a lot of inconsistency issues. This past season, which he broke out, he played mostly with Ehlers as a linemate. His skating is below average and hes made huge improvements in his skating in the last year or so. I do like Meier better then Harkins though just based on potential as Meier can be a star if he pans out while Harkins probably caps out at a Bryan Little type career.

But better then Connor? I think he's a top 5 player in this draft. Great skater, excellent without the puck, killed it in interviews during the combine per scouts, and has elite offensive potential. He's a star. If he drops outside of top 5, i dont think he would fall much further down.

Better then Connor? Based on what? Meier has a lot of inconsistency issues. This past season, which he broke out, he played mostly with Ehlers as a linemate. His skating is below average and hes made huge improvements in his skating in the last year or so. I do like Meier better then Harkins though just based on potential as Meier can be a star if he pans out while Harkins probably caps out at a Bryan Little type career.

But better then Connor? I think he's a top 5 player in this draft. Great skater, excellent without the puck, killed it in interviews during the combine per scouts, and has elite offensive potential. He's a star. If he drops outside of top 5, i dont think he would fall much further down.

He's talking about Kyle Connor, not Connor McDavid. And I don't think Meier has even the slightest chance of being in the top five or near it. If you meant Connor McDavid with the top five stuff: he's a top one player in this draft and won't fall out of the top one.

He's talking about Kyle Connor, not Connor McDavid. And I don't think Meier has even the slightest chance of being in the top five or near it. If you meant Connor McDavid with the top five stuff: he's a top one player in this draft and won't fall out of the top one.

What the hell are you talking about?

I know he was talking about Kyle Connor and so was I.

Better then Connor? Based on what? Meier has a lot of inconsistency issues. This past season, which he broke out, he played mostly with Ehlers as a linemate. His skating is below average and hes made huge improvements in his skating in the last year or so.

Why buy out Hodgson so that we can then draft Meier??  We still have Reinhart and Grigorenko (maybe).  No more slow skaters!

What the hell are you talking about?

I know he was talking about Kyle Connor and so was I.

Oh. Strange. Kyle Connor isn't nearly a top five player. He won't "slip" out of the top five. He isn't even in consideration there.

Oh. Strange. Kyle Connor isn't nearly a top five player. He won't "slip" out of the top five. He isn't even in consideration there.

I don't think he drops out of the top 10. If so, and he's picked in the top-10, im sure atleast one of the teams in 3-5 had a conversation about him. Unless you're a scout and know for sure... ?

Where do you project Connor to go?

I don't think he drops out of the top 10. If so, and he's picked in the top-10, im sure atleast one of the teams in 3-5 had a conversation about him. Unless you're a scout and know for sure... ?

Where do you project Connor to go?

I have not seen a single mock draft with Connor in the top 10. I could see him at anywhere from 12-20. Edited by Hoss

I've wondered why Connor doesn't show up in more mock top 10 lists.

He's got speed, hands, hockey sense and a good attitude. USHL bias maybe?

Connor and Meier seem to be the transition guys, in that they are top end for some but not all.

Most years they would go between five and ten.