Penguins Clean House

stenbaro

I think the play of his bottom 6 is why.

Buffalo has a about 10 players in the bottom 6, so I wouldn't touch Bylsma.

If the conventional wisdom is that Nolan gets the axe once the team is closer to contending — at the expedient moment — and you'd be looking for a Bylsma then, why not put the coaching piece in place now?

No surprise with Bylsma but I am surprised about Shero.

Can I have an objective explanation why Bylsma is a better coach for next year's Sabres than Nolan?

I'm being serious here.

Edited by dudacek

The Pens draft history is abysmal as of late. Yes, they've traded away a lot of picks, but they pretty much haven't gotten anything out of entire drafts. This article is interesting.... http://thepensblog.c...raft-piece.html

that is interesting. it also gives some hope in the fact that we have craig patrick on board.

If the conventional wisdom is that Nolan gets the axe once the team is closer to contending — at the expedient moment — and you'd be looking for a Bylsma then, why not put the coaching piece in place now?

I think because Nolan is the better coach for what we have now. The 2014-15 season. I've never been a fan of Nolan's X's and O's but I've never doubted the compete level. First things first: Work ethic, become a bear of a team to compete against, and then fine tune. I think Nolan is okay for stage one and two.

Two thoughts:

a)

Bylsma is an overrated coach just like Torts. Don't want him.

I agree for Christ sakes he has two of the best players in the world on his team.

That said, he's at least a capable coach, teams will interview him, and somebody will hire him. (If he's fired by the Penguins)

b) Bylsma comes off as more of an X's and O's coach (see: Babcock, Vigneault, Maurice), not a light a fire under your ass coach (Sutter, Tortorella, Roy). His motivational power (read: getting every last drop of effort out of a player) seems weaker than some, which could be contributing to the problems in their bottom six. I believe Nolan is (and has at least partially demonstrated) the latter. I also believe we want that style of motivational coach for our young players. They'll learn to work hard, develop good fundamentals at the pro level, and learn the level of effort required to win. X's and O's are important, but that comes later once young guys learn how to play in this league. Nolan's probably among the right head coaches for what we're trying to accomplish in the next few years.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.