Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I only recently gained a hatred of Pittsburgh. I moved to PA 4 years ago and the front running Penguins fans that know nothing other than Sidney Crosby are insufferable!

I moved to PA three years ago and, honestly, the amount of passion for the Pens where I live (about two hours north of Pittsburgh) is very strong. Weirdly enough I know more Bills fans there than Steelers fans, though.

Different experiences, I guess. Doesn't hurt that my mom's fiancé has a man cave covered with Pens memorabilia from before I was born up until now.

Sounds like the Sharks.

Very similar in terms of choking in the playoffs, but the Sharks play a much more exciting game lol

And just think. Someday a large portion of our fanbase could be like that with McDavid.

Hey hey, enough with that optimism, this is Buffalo where rainbows are toxic and 4 leaf clovers are as vicious as piranhas...... And we lose the draft lottery to the leafs.....

Familiarity breeds contempt. I get that. It's why I root for the Red Sox and hate the yankees. It's why our Carolina posters hate the canes. The penguins in and of themselves are not hard to like.

Growing up I didn't mind the Pens, back in the jagr, lemeiux, Barrasso days.... I even own an old school jersey of theirs (I also collect vintage jerseys from all teams) but the media coverage they get forces many of us to dislike them, there's only so much ball washing before it turns into disdain

Oh and If Boston does come back to win (God I hope not) I don't think the Pens are good enough to beat them this year

If they get past Montreal, only Chicago can save us.

I think the Bruins are gonna have their hans full with whoever comes through in the west, except the Wild.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say I think the Ducks and LA stack up better against Boston, than Chicago?

And just think. Someday a large portion of our fanbase could be like that with McDavid.

We can only hope.

I moved to PA three years ago and, honestly, the amount of passion for the Pens where I live (about two hours north of Pittsburgh) is very strong. Weirdly enough I know more Bills fans there than Steelers fans, though.

Different experiences, I guess. Doesn't hurt that my mom's fiancé has a man cave covered with Pens memorabilia from before I was born up until now.

Yeah, I'm 5 hours from Pittsburgh, in Wilkes Barre. The "fans" here are converted Devils and Flyers fans who claim to have become fans when they got the Baby Pens in Wilkes Barre 15 years ago. I have a major psychotic hatred for team changing.

I was ambivalent to the Pens up until now. Jagr is my all time favorite hockey player oddly enough.

Yeah, I'm 5 hours from Pittsburgh, in Wilkes Barre. The "fans" here are converted Devils and Flyers fans who claim to have become fans when they got the Baby Pens in Wilkes Barre 15 years ago. I have a major psychotic hatred for team changing.

I can understand that, you root for your local minor league team and then hope those guys do well when they move up. There are a lot of Sens fans around Binghamton that used to be Rangers fans.

I think the Bruins are gonna have their hans full with whoever comes through in the west, except the Wild.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say I think the Ducks and LA stack up better against Boston, than Chicago?

I think LA might, might, be able to pull it off solely because of their d-style and Quick, but the Ducks would get bruised in their own end giving the Bruins too man opportunities on what has been suspect goaltending at best. Chicago had depth scoring, something nobody in the west has right now, at least in the playoffs, they can match any level of intensity, and Crawford has proven e can come up big. LA and Anaheim only have two of those three categories at best.

I can understand that, you root for your local minor league team and then hope those guys do well when they move up. There are a lot of Sens fans around Binghamton that used to be Rangers fans.

No team changing ever!!! Roar!!

They're not, they're rooting for (in that case) Binghamton. :) I guess the parallel is how many Sabres fans rooted for Rochester for the few years they weren't affiliated?

Eh, no one cares about the minors (sweeping generalization), but I'm not going to starting following Canucks prospects just because the Comets showed up in Utica last season.

Edited by ubkev

Pretty tight game. I was not expecting the Kings to lose at Staples though. Wonder if Andersen will be okay...

Didn't look horrible, but then again neither do a lot of knee injuries.

I watched the Habs game. Was thinking of writing something about giving them credit for giving Boston some competition but decided f@&k it.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Aside the outcome that Habs Bruins game was awesome. I'm really starting to appreciate Subban during these playoffs. I'm hoping Zadorov can grow into the same kind of role with this team.

That's an apt comparison. If he's a little more disciplined than Subban then he'll be perfect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.