Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Subban knocks the net off accidently on purpose

I don't think he did do it intentionally, getting the puck around the boards and out of the zone (which he did attempt), is a lot better than having a faceoff in your own zone. Subban's been very good in these playoffs, but he's been on fire in this series.

I don't think he did do it intentionally, getting the puck around the boards and out of the zone (which he did attempt), is a lot better than having a faceoff in your own zone. Subban's been very good in these playoffs, but he's been on fire in this series.

Wonder when lumberjack Boychuck will take a two-handed swing at his knees?

If Vanek is smart, he'll stay in Montreal, where they'll surround him with good players and a good system. What hockey player wouldn't want to play for the Habs? A great European-like city, a great system, the best fans too. They have had hockey smarts for generations. Going to Minnesota where they're building the team around guys who are in their late 20s-early 30s on the downside...meh. That's hockey hinterlands. They won one playoff series in 10 years. If Vanek doesn't let greed get the best of him, he'll stay in Montreal, the true hockey heaven.

Wasn't able to watch, but glad Montreal won, from everything I've read it sounded like the bruins outplayed the habs, is this true?? Also shocked that Minnesota laid a snack down on Chicago, I honestly thought that would be a sweep.

Last but not least, please end this Pittsburgh series, the Rangers are terribly boring, their PP makes buffalo look like an all star team and ever since Crosby scored his 1 goal that's all you hear about, regardless of what else is happening on ice!!!

I don't really see a reason to hate Pittsburgh. At least not on the same level as teams like Boston, Toronto and Philly. They're extremely talented. Crosby whines and Bylsma is overrated, but I don't hate them. I don't root for them, either.

I don't really see a reason to hate Pittsburgh. At least not on the same level as teams like Boston, Toronto and Philly. They're extremely talented. Crosby whines and Bylsma is overrated, but I don't hate them. I don't root for them, either.

On the 4th Penguins goal, Crosby dumped it in from the blue line, Malkin got the puck deep, used his body to shield it from defenders and made a slick pass to Kunitz. Of course the first thing the NBC guys said was, "Oh wow! Just look at the vision and skill of Sidney Crosby!"

This is why people hate PIttsburgh. It's not their fault, and certainly not Crosby's fault...but the media coverage does get nauseating.

I only recently gained a hatred of Pittsburgh. I moved to PA 4 years ago and the front running Penguins fans that know nothing other than Sidney Crosby are insufferable!

I only recently gained a hatred of Pittsburgh. I moved to PA 4 years ago and the front running Penguins fans that know nothing other than Sidney Crosby are insufferable!

Familiarity breeds contempt. I get that. It's why I root for the Red Sox and hate the yankees. It's why our Carolina posters hate the canes. The penguins in and of themselves are not hard to like.

And just think. Someday a large portion of our fanbase could be like that with McDavid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.