Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Brad May@maydayhockey 1h

A Source in a Boston tells me that Zdemo Chara played the last few games with a compound fracture in his hand/finger. #factcheckneeded

Might explain some things...

On NHL radio they were saying it was pretty obvious he was injured during Game 6 and 7. They thought the injury might have happened during Game 3.

Chara played with a hand/finger booboo and Charlie Coyle played with two separated shoulders.

You really have to question keeping him in the lineup. No matter how much of a fight he put up, Coyle couldn't have been much of an asset to his team in that condition.

And unrelated to the NHL playoffs, where was all that fire when he was at BU? he was a total bust there. Oh what should have been.

Edited by shrader

Brad May@maydayhockey 1h

A Source in a Boston tells me that Zdemo Chara played the last few games with a compound fracture in his hand/finger. #factcheckneeded

Might explain some things...

It sure would. I watched most of Game 6, I think it was Game 6, and saw him make no fewer than 5 terrible turnovers in the space of 10 minutes of real time. It was bizarre.

On NHL radio they were saying it was pretty obvious he was injured during Game 6 and 7. They thought the injury might have happened during Game 3.

I think it was game three where he took a shot to the hand and left the ice for the remainder of the first period.

It never ceases to amaze me how teams stick to injured athletes. You can't tell me that Chara with a broken hand is better than your next D. I get what Chara is, but your hands are pretty critical. Who was it a few years ago who played with a broken hand on D? He couldn't shoot.. everyone knew it so no one defended him. It was almost pointless to put him out there. I remember the puck would go back to him on the point.. he'd fake a shot and no one would even move and then he would pass the puck.

I think it was game three where he took a shot to the hand and left the ice for the remainder of the first period.

It never ceases to amaze me how teams stick to injured athletes. You can't tell me that Chara with a broken hand is better than your next D. I get what Chara is, but your hands are pretty critical. Who was it a few years ago who played with a broken hand on D? He couldn't shoot.. everyone knew it so no one defended him. It was almost pointless to put him out there. I remember the puck would go back to him on the point.. he'd fake a shot and no one would even move and then he would pass the puck.

Chris Pronger against the Sabres?

Too bad the only reason that series went to seven games, was due to atrocious goaltending from Philly.

The one thing I've been wondering throughout the Ducks playoff run is why the hell they refuse to play Jonas Hiller? He's a very good playoff performer, and they played Andersen over him. Andersen gets hurt/struggles and they just bring in Gibson instead of letting Hiller play. What gives?

Millsie and Noureen are trying a few new Kama Sutra positions as we speak......not sure who's the dominant, but they may get their wish.....

God bless them! :)

The one thing I've been wondering throughout the Ducks playoff run is why the hell they refuse to play Jonas Hiller? He's a very good playoff performer, and they played Andersen over him. Andersen gets hurt/struggles and they just bring in Gibson instead of letting Hiller play. What gives?

They must see something in practice. ..

All I know is that Gibson was muttering something between the Our Father and Last Rites during the anthem. I should have called Uncle Vito right then.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.