2014-2015 Roster

Stads

It's not unreasonable to think Ennis, Stafford, Hodgson, Stewart and Moulson will average 20 goals. There's 100 right there.

Can Myers, Gionta, Foligno, Girgensons, and the winner of the Reinhart/Girgensons battle average 10 goals each? That's not unreasonable.

Can the rest of the roster combine for 50 goals. Maybe.

200 goals is not out of reach.

If they all played a full season then 200 goals is realistic. Problem is they won't. Your going to have injuries and then you start going to the farm or waiver wire. I predict 165-185 scored and 255 against. 69 pts and safely securing a top two pick. GMTM will get one of the big boys.

While i have my crystal ball out we pick 7th from NYI and 23rd from STL.

Grigorenko :D

nah to be serious, i can see us getting 70+ points.

Ottawa, washington, phoenix, carolina, edmonton, calgary even Detroit (painfull team without zetterberg and daytsuk) are scaring me alot.

I can see them all ending below us in that order.

No way we got that much better and those teams got that much worse. It won't be a runaway like last year and we may have some "must losses" but I think we will be right in the hunt. Should be interesting watching these GM's try to out tank one another.

No way we got that much better and those teams got that much worse. It won't be a runaway like last year and we may have some "must losses" but I think we will be right in the hunt. Should be interesting watching these GM's try to out tank one another.

I think its going to be a much more interesting race to the bottom than last year.

I'm ready for some hockey.

Extrapolating December through February, we paced at 182 goals for the season as compared with the 157 we actually scored.

Still DFL, but that's 25 additional goals without improving that roster.

If you look at just Feburary, when the Sabres had a couple months under Nolan and hadn't dismantled the roster yet, they we're 13th in the NHL in GF/G.

seeing these numbers, I think you're right, it's important to remember that the March 6th Roster was significantly worse than it is now, but still affected last year's aggregate numbers. This team could easily score between 200 and 210 goals this year. Still not nearly good enough for the playoffs, especially with questions in goal.

Drunk Fatty Lesbians?

Jay Grossman

#Sabres Mikhail Grigorenko sent to #AHL Rochester #amerks

I understand the decision and I hope it benefits Grigs in the long run. He needs 20min a night and lots of different scenarios right now.

I think it's for the best for his development. However, I am going to roll my eyes every time Nolan preaches about working hard and earning your spot.

Interesting news on Griggy. No doubt he's PO'd. The key will be whether he uses it as motivation to get better and show the coaches they were wrong -- or whether it triggers sulking and laziness.

As I posted in another thread, I think the Sabres are planning to give Reinhart his 9 games and make Griggy, IF he plays well in Rochester to start the year, the first top-9 injury replacement call-up. I don't think they'll call up Griggy for game #10 (assuming Reinart goes down after game #9) unless he's really tearing it up in Rochester.

I think it's for the best for his development. However, I am going to roll my eyes every time Nolan preaches about working hard and earning your spot.

Respectfully, on the basis of a few televised preseason games, you can't possibly know whether Griggy has worked harder and earned his spot more than whoever TN goes with as his #9 forward.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabresFollow

#Sabres lines:

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta

Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart

Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn/Mitchell

Larsson

That first line is a legit 1.75th line, if that second line works out to be a legit second line, This team could be fearsomely middling this year.

Respectfully, on the basis of a few televised preseason games, you can't possibly know whether Griggy has worked harder and earned his spot more than whoever TN goes with as his #9 forward.

Well in the truest sense of the word, we never know anything since all we ever do is watch games. But with the games I've watched combined with the reviews of those who saw them all along with practice, plus Nolan's own effusive praise of Grigs, I don't think I'm jumping a canyon to say Grigs earned a shot. I think the plan all along was for Grigs to go to Rochester and Reinhart get his 9 games, and nothing short of a Gretzky-like preseason was going to change it. Which is the antithesis of what Nolan preaches.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Well in the truest sense of the word, we never know anything since all we ever do is watch games. But with the games I've watched combined with the reviews of those who saw them all along with practice, plus Nolan's own effusive praise of Grigs, I don't think I'm jumping a canyon to say Grigs earned a shot. I think the plan all along was for Grigs to go to Rochester and Reinhart get his 9 games, and nothing short of a Gretzky-like preseason was going to change it. Which is the antithesis of what Nolan preaches.

I think you are going too far here. Nolan preaches hard work and was very impressed with Grigorenko but to assume that means that normal hockey business doesn't get in the way is a stretch. I think Nolan, Murray, and Grigorenko are all on the same page. The kid clearly has made HUGE strides in his attitude, work ethic, and capabilities but hockey is a business and there is a strategy in what the Sabres can do at this particular point in time.

The Sabres want to evaluate their near ready players against a full time NHL squad. So Reinhart and Zadarov are likely to get the 9 game nod. In addition, the 9 game tryouts of two junior players reduces the chances of the Sabres winning (unless they out perform expectations, but realistically, it's lower at least in this situation). So, the Sabres help their overall standings for next year with a perfectly viable strategy to reduce chances of winning games.

Grigorenko surely hasn't earned his spot above Ennis, Moulson, Stafford, Gionta, and Hodgson. So, he's in Rochester.

Lastly, for a player who has been screwed by the prior regime I think there is an ounce of psychology in what Nolan is doing as well. So, he might be overly effusive because it helps reduce media scrutiny, it helps improve confidence at a time when Grigorenko needs that confirmation.

I really hope Grigorenko makes it tough for the Sabres to keep him in Rochester.

Interesting news on Griggy. No doubt he's PO'd. The key will be whether he uses it as motivation to get better and show the coaches they were wrong -- or whether it triggers sulking and laziness.

As I posted in another thread, I think the Sabres are planning to give Reinhart his 9 games and make Griggy, IF he plays well in Rochester to start the year, the first top-9 injury replacement call-up. I don't think they'll call up Griggy for game #10 (assuming Reinart goes down after game #9) unless he's really tearing it up in Rochester.

They just went the easy road, Grigs didn't have to clear waivers, only thing that pisses me off is that i loved how Hodgson and Grigorenko start to create something and they pull them appart again.

I wanted those two to play togethers since Grigorenko got drafted.

Another part of the easy road they took is , they would have to push Zemgus back to 4C or 3rd line winger, seeing he "earned" more than that treatment also. Allthough I keep thinking Zemgus will always be no more than 3C on a good team, and on this team he might have to learn to live with that 3W 4C spot starting next year.

Seeing our schedule, Reinhart will face some stiff competition to show he can stay up.

I'm mildly surprised by the Grigo news as he has looked miles better than I thought he would in the games I did catch. As someone else pointed out though, I haven't seen any practices and therefore trust TN decision. Let's hope some big minutes in Rochester will lead to some big points and he will be back up at some point in the season.

I'm shocked Zad is still up here. I'm guessing if McCabe goes down then he has a real good look at a spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.