2014-2015 Roster

Stads

First time I've heard Boston and Detroit's ability to get value in the middle rounds described as a huge luck component. ######, they should just make you GM and head to Vegas.

:)

Boston hits in the second round one year and all of a sudden they consistently get value out of the middle rounds?

I keep thinking back to GMTM's original comment about manipulating the draft. As much as Nolan may be trying to get as much as he can out of these guys I can't help but think GMTM will ultimately make this happen.

Right now on paper we look better than last year. Once we send some guys back to jrs and AHL we will then still have a better team than last year. It is when injuries start happening and he starts hitting the waiver wire that things will work out.

They have gone this far. Can't see him letting it happen. Nolan better be on board with that or he shouldn't have taken the job.

How do people know we don't already have front-line players?

How long has it taken Anze Kopitar to get recognized for being the stud he is? Or Duncan Keith?

Didn't they look a lot like Girgensons and Ristolainen when they were 19?

Six years into their careers, they were still calling Henrik and Daniel the Sedin sisters.

Edited by dudacek

I'm getting there, too. I get the feeling this is going to be a team that lands the 8th pick... Would be kind of a shame if that happens on the backs of guys like Stewart/Stafford who may not be here long.

I don't think Murray is foolish enough to not finish last. If it looks like there is any chance they don't finish last, Stewart, stafford, myers, ennis, etc get traded. And anyone that can be sent down with out clearing waivers gets sent to the AHL. To do anything other than finish last at this point would just be big time foolish.

I don't think Murray is foolish enough to not finish last. If it looks like there is any chance they don't finish last, Stewart, stafford, myers, ennis, etc get traded. And anyone that can be sent down with out clearing waivers gets sent to the AHL. To do anything other than finish last at this point would just be big time foolish.

I wouldn't go that far (Myers/Ennis), but I definitely see him selling off any non-future assets. Myers and Ennis COULD be dealt, but I think that'd be better done at a time where you're buying other young studs who fit where the team is going (next offseason).

Armia, maybe. Hodgson is not a sniper.

I don't even know if you can consider Armia a sniper either he hasn't proven anything in North America. You would have thought he would have dominated the Taveres city tourney but didn't and doesn't appear like he's going to be making this team out of training camp. Hodgson is a good offensive player but he just sucks defensively.

Grigs - skating, Armia - everything, Zadarov - weight gain and looking slow, Samson - noneffective. This is getting a little depressing.

Enroth - dude is Hasek at a younger age, Ennis - Ziggy Palffy-esque, Ristolainen - Ray Bourque ring a bell?, Chris Stewart - Brendan Shanahan eat your heart out. This is getting a little exciting.

Enroth - dude is Hasek at a younger age, Ennis - Ziggy Palffy-esque, Ristolainen - Ray Bourque ring a bell?, Chris Stewart - Brendan Shanahan eat your heart out. This is getting a little exciting.

sorry but are you comparing Enroth to one of the greatest goalies in NHL history? Anyways I found my starting goalie for the Sabres last night - wecome Neuvirth!

Grigs - skating, Armia - everything, Zadarov - weight gain and looking slow, Samson - noneffective. This is getting a little depressing.

If you think Reinhart was "ineffective" you didn't watch the game.

If you thought Zadorov looked slow you didn't watch the game.

If you think Grigorenko's skating hasn't improved, you haven't watched a game.

If you think Armia's everything is broke, you're not even trying to watch a game.

If you think Reinhart was "ineffective" you didn't watch the game.

If you thought Zadorov looked slow you didn't watch the game.

If you think Grigorenko's skating hasn't improved, you haven't watched a game.

If you think Armia's everything is broke, you're not even trying to watch a game.

I was simply classifying them by what the majority on here have been describing. Very little positive coming from our so called future. If you haven't noticed you haven't been reading.

Edited by sicknfla

I was simply classifying them by what the majority on here have been describing. Very little positive coming from our so called future. If you haven't noticed you haven't been reading.

Let's keep everything in perspective. This is the beginning of the preseason with a young roster that is going to have to work on a lot of things.

First time I've heard Boston and Detroit's ability to get value in the middle rounds described as a huge luck component. ######, they should just make you GM and head to Vegas.

:)

If it is seriously the first time you heard it described as luck then you need to read a little more. Take a look at some of the guys Detroit has drafted ahead of the guys that they hit on and tell me there isn't a little luck involved. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, they are no different then Tom Brady. If the team knew how they were going to pan out they wouldn't have let 30 teams have more then 5 chances at them before picking them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.